• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MUI Goku New Powers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JackJoyce said:
Goku squished Jiren's final energy sphere. Does that count as Power Nullification? Also his immense heat distribution created a protoplanetary' disc'. Which ca be a defensive ability in combat
Screenshot 2018-03-04-15-40-17
Screenshot 2018-03-04-15-39-04
Goku squished Jiren's final energy sphere. Does that count as Power Nullification?

I thuk that it's only another use of Energy Manipulation.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
I checked his page, he has Power Nullification for being able to nullify ki blasts, and Goku crushed this. That's different.
Then it's a really bad PN.

Beerus has Limited Power Nullification (Can negate energy attacks). It's limited and specified.

Damn, I just made another thread before noticing this one.

JackJoyce said:
Also his immense heat distribution created a protoplanetary' disc'. Which ca be a defensive ability in combat
Screenshot 2018-03-04-15-39-04
This is not protoplanetary, this is a mini galaxy

That is actually a representation of U7 imo but it doesn't mean anything.

It resembles a universe more than a galaxy. But I was speaking from a more narrative perspective because "Goku is carrying the hopes of all of U7" trope that was implied in ep 128. Again, that doesn't mean anything. It's just a visual representation of his ki/energy/aura.

28660673 2045173895759118 9156658855306854400 n

Yeah, it has to be a rapresentation: if you look closely, the pillar of the ToP stage is passing trought it, meaning that it isn't even that big.

Yeah no to that being a galaxy, especially when the tournament stage is literally just as big as it when passing through (That said, a Low 2-C pulling off any kind of Tier 3 feat would be childsplay nonetheless)

I think its likely more just a fancy and uber-strong energy spiral generated from the fight.

Will the Ultra Inistict Omen (that Goku displeyed in ep. 129) be upgrade or a key since he was doing EXTREMELY BETTER compared to the other UI's? (are we gonna redo Keys for Goku since his SSB is apparently stronger then the 1st or 2nd time he went UI

AlexanderM13 said:
Yeah it does kinda seem like you're going to have to do some rethinking on what his base power is now. It's obvious that this tournament has made his base power increase, and in doing so, has made all his forms/transformations stronger. This simply happens as the series progresses, each of his forms don't have set power levels, he and all his forms become stronger as his base stats increase, the official databooks reflected this back when they logged "power-levels" and such, and it's also the only way the powerscaling in the series can make any sense at all.
Super Saiyan Goku now is worlds stronger than Super Saiyan Goku was when he first attained it to defeat Freiza. I have no doubts whatsoever that if you sent current Goku back in time to face Full Power Frieza of the past, he'd smoke Freiza just in base form. I think we got a taste of it when Vegeta just one-punched Frost.

But honestly, it still doesn't make much sense. Caulifa's SSJ2 being able to fight toe-to-toe with Goku's SSJ2 felt like a slap in the face, considering they're newborns to the Super Saiyan world. But I just chalked it off as being that he was fighting both SSJ2 Caulifa and a Legendary Super Saiyan together at the same time that must've tilted the scales - and he still handled them well.

Honestly the U6 saiyans really disturbed the powerscaling. I've just chosen to ignore most of it and just assume it's all in the "Sayian Evolution" trait that saiyans have, though it's just absurd that the U6 Saiyans went from base form to SSJ2 in less than two days while U7 had to work their butts off for it.
Not to mention Kefla being stronger than Vegito

AlexanderM13 said:
> If only Goku remained in Base form through that fight and only transformed against Kefla
> Not to mention Kefla being stronger than Vegito.

Yeah you're getting exactly what I mean... I pretty much pretend the U6 saiyans don't exist now. Blah.
But they don't anymore, thanks to Zeno.

AlexanderM13 said:
All in all, what it's done is cement Goku and Jiren's place in the Low 2C Tier. In fact, I think this establishes that they, especially Goku, heave reached a level quite a good bit beyond baseline Low 2C now - I feel as if I would think they'd speedblitz most other characters in their Tier power-wise with their incredible speed, skill, and instinctive perfection on their own. The only characters I could see them losing to (in their own tier) anymore are characters with absurd abilities like reality warping, true time-stopping, and powerful existence erasure abilities - ya know, "hax" abiltiies. Heck, Ultra Instinct, being the ability of "always reacting to everything with perfect accuracy and efficiency without needing to think about it", as well as Jiren's suspected precognition (yet to be confirmed, but it'd make sense to me, it'd explain how Jiren can fight toe-to-toe with a UI user without having UI himself), are both pretty darn "hax" themselves.

You'd almost certainly have to at least equalize speed and fighting skill for anyone else in their tier or lower without hax to stand a chance against them, and I honestly hate applying limiters like that because I think it defeats the purpose of the character or insults it, if that makes sense.
Rekember when we all said Goku would be a fodder tier 2?

AlexanderM13 said:
> Remember when we all said Goku would be a fodder tier 2?
I might recall people on this Wiki saying that, but I prefer not to make any assumptions myself. On the contrary, after seeing how biased content creators like "Screw Attack" seem to be about Western Comics vs Anime/Manga, my kneejerk reaction has been to "support the underdogs" more lately.

Not that I really form my opinions around a poorly animated YouTube series (okay, some of their fights have been okay, Yang vs Tifa comes to mind, though Tifa's face in that was still bad) thinks anyway though. May as well get upset over that "Cartoon Fight Club" garbage my nephew watches (seriously, it's just terrible). I like to play things out in my own imagination and I hate to sound arrogant but I think I have a better grasp of their actual abilities than they do. They pretend that they've thought everything out but if you do some actual digging into the "facts" they use to back their claims, you find very quickly that they just did a quick Google search to back-up their own confirmation biases and didn't bother to look deeper than the surface. Being an actual fan of all these things, you quickly find all the holes in their logic, and it's glaringly obvious that they're not even real fans of the series they're talking about, they're just skimming search results and data sheets for things they don't even personally follow.

But yeah, I don't like to draw-up any conclusions until a series has ended. I suppose that's hard to do with American Comics because they seem to never end and have so many different versions and plotlines, but Anime and Manga tend to have a definitive beginning and end and thus I like to wait until the conclusion before making any crazy claims.

I don't see the sense in getting hyped about the Tier thing anyway though. I mean, we already have Xeno Goku, so it's not like MUI Goku is reaching levels that Dragon Ball has never reached before. He'd have to reach beyond Xeno Goku to do that. I'm just enjoying the fireworks.

Let us all remember that the ultimate Son Goku is still the original Son Goku (Son Wukong) of myth. I'd find it rather strange if Goku surpasses 2B because that's when he's officially surpassed the original concept he was moulded from.

What version of Superman would be good to fight MUI Goku? It seems to me that all of the top-tier DBS cast is way beyond Superman Prime One Million (and pretty much all comic characters aside from their deities and cosmic entities... which makes sense, considering everyone's a God now) at this point, but still isn't anywhere near strong enough to fight the Thought Robot which would be the next strongest version. Kinda puts Goku in an awkward place for theoretical battles with Superman. But I guess if you consider the Thought Robot as "not really Superman" and (and that's what I think too - it's just a creation of the monitors in Superman's likeness), then I suppose Goku and Co have officially surpassed Superman in his entirety more or less.

Ah sorry, now I'm just rambling. Anyway, I've been a lifelong DB fan and happy to see them reaching new heights. But more than anything, I just love the animation of these battles.
Well to be fair I have to say that Cartoon Fight Club has imporved since it's original run and does take careful consideration with each fighters stats and calculations, but I have to agree with your hat it has gone down hill a bit. That's why they changed their focus to their 2nd channel "Rewind Rumble" where the animation has gotten a much need upgrade. Also do you think Superboy Prime would make a match for either Goku or Jiren?

Goku should have a limited version of power nullification sense the Beerus fight.

in terms of the galaxy thing we should wait till the fights over otherwise all suggestions will just be assumptuous.

Lightbuster30 said:
AlexanderM13 said:
All in all, what it's done is cement Goku and Jiren's place in the Low 2C Tier. In fact, I think this establishes that they, especially Goku, heave reached a level quite a good bit beyond baseline Low 2C now - I feel as if I would think they'd speedblitz most other characters in their Tier power-wise with their incredible speed, skill, and instinctive perfection on their own. The only characters I could see them losing to (in their own tier) anymore are characters with absurd abilities like reality warping, true time-stopping, and powerful existence erasure abilities - ya know, "hax" abiltiies. Heck, Ultra Instinct, being the ability of "always reacting to everything with perfect accuracy and efficiency without needing to think about it", as well as Jiren's suspected precognition (yet to be confirmed, but it'd make sense to me, it'd explain how Jiren can fight toe-to-toe with a UI user without having UI himself), are both pretty darn "hax" themselves.

You'd almost certainly have to at least equalize speed and fighting skill for anyone else in their tier or lower without hax to stand a chance against them, and I honestly hate applying limiters like that because I think it defeats the purpose of the character or insults it, if that makes sense.
Rekember when we all said Goku would be a fodder tier 2?
Slow Down.

While Goku isn't fodder, he ain't anything special either. Many other Low 2-Cs can just hax him to death, and his abilities aren't that good in battle with many of them. Thoguht at least, he isn't at the bottom of the food chain.

AlexanderM13 said:
I explicitly said "Compared to other Low 2Cs who don't have hax".

If they have hax then they're omitted from the statement, I did that on purpose. I'm specifically talking about fighters that are Low 2C without hax. That being said I suppose that omits most of them, since most Low 2C characters are only Low 2C because of some silly hack. I'm not going to argue that they can beat someone who has high forms of existence erasure or true time stop (note I say "true" time stop, not that low-level time hold stuff like Hit can do).

Ultra Instinct and Precognition are pretty haxxy traits on their own, but not nearly as haxxy crazy stuff like that. That's typically when you're crossing over into multi-dimensional creatures though. I think characters like Goku and Jiren show about the limit a purely 3-Dimensional character can possibly be.

Certainly not bottom of the chain. Bottom of the chain would probably be Toppo, as impressive as his display was anyway.
Really? I mean ER aura is pretty haxy, plus he is pretty up into low 2-C. Not to the extent of Jiren and Goku obviously, but still.

The bottom of the chain would probably be IZ. He's a huge underdog.

Toppo has Hakai Spam, which is already pretty powerful on its own, so no. Toppo is not on the bottom of the chain

Ryandswagger said:
Oh. The fear resistance stuff should also apply to Whis. Or really anyone that knows MUI.
it shoud be mind control, mind manipulation resistance i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back