• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most Ridiculous, Out of Context Panels and Screenshots ever - Part 10: All right, now. I'm just heading to the fields, Duke. I'll be back. Clear! Hey,

Not really. Don't want to derail, but the reasoning for all of Lucius' votes were things that directly contradict his profile.

@Kaltias I think during my whole time in the wiki, this was one of - if not the - most "Makes 0 sense out of context but a 100% sense in context" situation I ever found, myself. Barring Redgrave asking if Gilgamesh would pull the SBA out of the Gate of Babylon against Ren Fuji.

I don't want to derail either, so read his replies, because he literally quoted the profile

The Smashor said:
Not really. Don't want to derail, but the reasoning for all of Lucius' votes were things that directly contradict his profile.
Yes, that would be derail here. I mean, the literal thread where this came from is going. Not sure why you'd want to argue powers and abilities seriously here.

FateAlbane said:
I'm fully certain that has been written as some sort of conspiracy by some salty Plutonian out of spite.
(Just responding for fun. Hope no one minds.)

If it is, I'm irritated at how they're using their internet. https://hub.jhu.edu/2015/07/17/new-horizons-data-transmission/

According to info from July 17th, 2015, NASA's New Horizons spacecraft, due to the distance & low-powered signals.

"The New Horizons spacecraft, just like Earth-bound computers, speaks in a stream of cryptic-looking 1s and 0s that traverse space via these low-frequency radio waves. The signal is so weak that large antenna dishes on Earth, part of NASA's Deep Space Network, are required to receive the faint radio waves."

Common high speed internet services here on Earth can do 100 Megabytes per second, but because of distance & needing to use low-frequncy radio waves, New Horizons only gets 1 or 2 Kilobyes per second. 100 MB is 100,000 KB, so it's at best, 50,000 times slower than common internet service speeds here on Earth.

And even at the speed of light, it'll take you at least about 4 hours to reach Earth from Pluto!

As far as I know, Pluto is pretty cold & lifeless. High average is -218 Celsius. Earth's coldest temperature was 89.2 Celsius. Probably not ideal for running high power internet connections. This also doesn't account for how to receive it, like with NASA's giant arrays of satellite dishes.

For NASA's New Horizons spacecraft, it was said the data on its pair of 32 Gigabyte hard drives would take about 16 months to send to Earth! With either that speed or 2 KBPS, you're not getting good data transmission on your internet.

So if Plutonians are using the internet for stuff like that, they're wasting precious kilobytes to ask stupid questions, & maybe even more to view the answers to them.

"Under no circumstances is Dr. Bright allowed to expose SCP-137 to Warhammer 40K minifigures. Again. Not even in an attempt to terminate SCP-682."

And now somebody's gonna make that when 682 matches are allowed again. Your welcome.

682 loses that fight

Back