• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most lowballed character, in your opinion

My dude, if we took crossovers seriously, even canon ines, we'd have 4-B Venom and 3-B Crystal Gems. Crossovers, even canon ones, are unreliable for the sake of having everyone's favorite characters interact.

Also, those profiles should've been deleted. Pretty sure profiles for crossover versions of characters are against the rules now.

The Wright Way said:
Also, those profiles should've been deleted. Pretty sure profiles for crossover versions of characters are against the rules now.
Crossover versions of characters are against the rules if they're irrelevant to the story.

The Wright Way said:
My dude, if we took crossovers seriously, even canon ines, we'd have 4-B Venom and 3-B Crystal Gems. Crossovers, even canon ones, are unreliable for the sake of having everyone's favorite characters interact.
I'm not saying all crossover, don't be presumptuous. The writing and inconsistencies should be what eliminates them, not the idea in itself. Shit, my example was a crossover that's addressed not once but twice down the line of following issues and has no PIS whatsoever, can you say the same for the instances you're cherry picking?

Then delete them if you care so much but that said, there should be some exceptions for when the characters have actual feats in the story and are clearly different versions. Like how Kratos actually appears in the story mode of Soul Calibur or how Yoshimitsu is a different character in Soul Calibur and Tekken.

WHYNAUT said:
Destiny. Off site people often think Guardians are just superhuman and that the likes of Oryx, the Taken King can't take on Servants from Fate.
To be fair; if higher dimensional tiering wasn't a prominent thing here (As-in, tiers above 2-A), like in most communities, Oryx would almost certainly lose to the notable fate people (Of course I'm not exactly knowledgable on either verse, so I'm really only saying that based on my limited knowledge) .

As far as lowballs on-site? I would say Naruto top tiers are the first to come to mind, but that's generally because of new lowballed standards and uncalcable feats.

Off-site is a whole different can of worms. There's extreme wank and downplay galore, all over the place.

Oryx' Tier 1 doesn't come from dimensional tiering. And even then at his weakest he's 5-C, that's still far above Servants.

Still not really relevant to the downplay.

Those are either non-Servant keys or extremely buffed or Grand Servants. The ones in question were just strong, but otherwise standard Servants.

I mean, that's more servants being highballed to hell and beyond. I know for a fact that comic vine thinks Giglamesh can go toe to toe with 1-As.

As for a downplayed character... Part I Naruto is often seen as at best slightly superhuman, many think a lot of Xianxia top off at tier 3 or 2, digimon are rarely acknowledged as more than pokemon 2.0, etc.

Oh yeah.

Wall/street level kid Naruto.

Planet level EOS DBZ characters.

Searching around, Yogiri Takatou is also not considered as powerful in other places as here, mainly because as far as I can see, a lot of other communities use the manga version of him, which doesn't have a lot of his more impressive feats and statements yet.

Pretty sure that, beyond the verbal references like water gu, there was a part where a dude pulled out a shotgun. A civilian I think, but not sure if it was filler.

Given how incosistent and outlier Marvel and DC scaling is, I asked Zark, a Marvel expert, and she gave me a scaling chain that puts Aunt May as 1-A. So people who don't believe on outliers will totally think our own Marvel and DC pages are hard downplay since characters have feats and scaling way above our ratings.

I mean these pages are very much hard downplayed, but I find it very funny to use a 1-A scaling chain as an excuse to keep the verse at tier 4

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
ZephyrosOmega said:
I've said it before, I'll say it again
Zelda is considered tier 6 outside this wiki
Mario is considered tier 9 so that's not that bad
Where i am he's considered tier 2... and some places peg him at goddamn tier 1

Ionliosite said:
Given how incosistent and outlier Marvel and DC scaling is, I asked Zark, a Marvel expert, and she gave me a scaling chain that puts Aunt May as 1-A. So people who don't believe on outliers will totally think our own Marvel and DC pages are hard downplay since characters have feats and scaling way above our ratings.
I need to see this.

The Wright Way said:
I need to see this.
Not an expert but...

Pretty sure there are several instances where villains bash her with full force and she lives.

Said villains can keep up with spiderman.

Spidey consistently fights super strong characters, like Doctor Strange.

Strange scales to a lot of stuff, and from then on you can see how it eventually gets to 1-A.

ChocomilkAlex said:
Certain One Piece characters are considered only City Level off site :/
What are you talking about? All anime protagonists weaker than Sun Gokek are hypersonic city busters.

I need to see this.

You know Hulk defeated The One Below All on his recent run? Well, Thor fought Hulk, but also some Spidey villain whose name I don't remember, so Spidey scales to this, and he fought Doc Ock, who was hurt by Aunt May. So basically, Aunt May scales to The One Above All.

Ionliosite said:
I need to see this.
You know Hulk defeated The One Below All on his recent run? Well, Thor fought Hulk, but also some Spidey villain whose name I don't remember, so Spidey scales to this, and he fought Doc Ock, who was hurt by Aunt May. So basically, Aunt May scales to The One Above All.
1-A Spider-Man sounds hot tbh.

Maul

Although he is not at the level of characters like Vader or Sidious, many people act as if he is much weaker than he really is, arguing that "He lost against Padawans".

Forgetting that when Maul was "killed" by Padawan Obi-Wan, he had killed one of the best Masters of the Jedi order, just two minutes ago.

Buttersamuri said:
Wasn't his guard down at the point of his death? Cause Obi fell into that hole thing?
Yes, Maul was his guard down.

Still, people use scene taken out of context to say that Maul lost to a Padawan. (Even when in the animated series, he is able to fight and even beat an Obi-Wan who is already a Jedi master.)

Back