• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most lowballed character, in your opinion

Already brought up, but

Steven Universe capping at Small Building/Wall level and Subsonic (and iirc that included the Diamonds)

Pokemon being tier 10 due to just being common animals (And because normal humans could fight with/take attacks from them)

Soupywolf5 said:
Already brought up, but
Steven Universe capping at Small Building/Wall level and Subsonic (and iirc that included the Diamonds)

Pokemon being tier 10 due to just being common animals (And because normal humans could fight with/take attacks from them)
On that note, the "Pokedex is written by ten year olds" bullshit

The biggest downplays I've ever seen have got to be with Pokemon. People think Ash and other trainers are just normal humans outside this wiki and also believe Pokemon completely rely on the trainer's orders to fight(as seen in Death Battle.)

Most trainers in Pokemon are Large Mountain+ level and Relativistic+ in speed. Ash having consistently reacted faster than his opponent's attacks, including lightning blasts and lazer beams, and being fast enough to tell his pokemon to dodge them means he scales to his pokemon in speed, no doubt.

MilesTheMorales1 said:
The biggest downplays I've ever seen have got to be with Pokemon. People think Ash and other trainers are just normal humans outside this wiki and also believe Pokemon completely rely on the trainer's orders to fight(as seen in Death Battle.)
Most trainers in Pokemon are Large Mountain+ level and Relativistic+ in speed. Ash having consistently reacted faster than his opponent's attacks, including lightning blasts and lazer beams, and being fast enough to tell his pokemon to dodge them means he scales to his pokemon in speed, no doubt.
This ****** me up as a kid. I remember on one of Cartoon Network's Pokémon shows Pikachu used to always electrocute Ash and I would think that Pokémon are barely human level. But now I know how feats work.

This ****** me up as a kid. I remember on one of Cartoon Network's Pokémon shows Pikachu used to always electrocute Ash and I would think that Pokémon are barely human level. But now I know how feats work.

Pokemon either gets downplayed to below real life animal tier to wanked to above Digimon tier.

Jasonsith said:
Pokemon either gets downplayed to below real life animal tier to wanked to above Digimon tier.
Funny, I would have downplayed Digimon down to Pokemon tier.

There's this dude in Quora arguing that Luffy punching away this sea king here is beyond anything Kakuzu can do when the dude casually caught a paw strike from a tailed beast that can do this...

I just... what.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
There's this dude in Quora arguing that Luffy punching away this sea king here is beyond anything Kakuzu can do when the dude casually caught a paw strike from a tailed beast that can do this...
I just... what.
Quora is basically r/askreddit for pseudo-intellectuals. I question anyone who takes that site seriously.

ChocomilkAlex said:
redditors in general are just not intellectuals
There's a pseudo there for a reason...

Stikk, r/aww is great and anyone that is wrong is free to do so because I can't dicatate what they think... even if they are wrong.

Anime DBZ and GT. Not lowballed on this forum but in places like Facebook the lowball is so rampant. Nobody wants to accept Pikkons speed feat and call it an outlier despite the fact the anime has at least 5 other speed feats around that range and bring up Beerus being around those speeds to debunk it even though the Db anime and DBS are two different continuities.

For whatever reason the idea that the dbz anime is a different continuity from Super is something people can't grasp.

Ragna is listed by members of the official DB research team as being small planet and sub-relativistic with his only hax being non-smurf soulhax

So few more folks off the top of my head.

I find World of Darkness (New and Old) in general tends to get lowballed though this imo tends to be cause most of the super powered stuff tends to not be given to the PCs, obviously its hard to make a compelling and difficult adventure when you can simply poof your opponent out of existence by using disbelief

Likewise I kinda think Darkest Dungeon gets a lowball out of the wiki, mostly because its meant to be brutal and the heroes can be fodder when really they can take 3 kiloton attacks and no sell it. This again ties into how medival video games like DD, Elder Scrolls, Castlevania and Fire Emblem don't look as powerful as they actually are.

Hunter x Hunter definitely a contender. People think Menthuthuyoupis crater is building level and nobody in the verse is supersonic except Netero with his Buddha lmao.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Ragna is listed by members of the official DB research team as being small planet and sub-relativistic with his only hax being non-smurf soulhax
We also had him like that before the daily BlazBlue CRTs came and buffed them to their 2-A passives galore.

I've seen Digimon high tiers (specifically Magnamo) lowballed as low as 8-C. Which, admittedly, Digimon feats are super obscure and usually exist in media no one but us weirdo super-fans cares about. Best feat I know in the first two seasons that isn't 'vague' for lack of a better word is WarGreymon, Imperialdramon and BlackWarGreymon making an explosion the size of Mount Fuji.

I also saw Skeletor ranked as Building level for "kicking down a door" while I was trying to find a source for a specific feat.

Master Chief I've seen lowballed on sci-fi centric forums like Spacebattles. People try and say his energy shield is only a few dozen Kilojoules and his armor can get pierced by 7.62 modern day NATO rounds.

Not only that but stopped planet level and even multiversal opponents but he is treated as city level outside of this wiki, and in Devient Art...no really go on YouTube and you would see Ragna lose to Dante, Ryuko, Ryu or anyone...

Master Chief I've seen lowballed on sci-fi centric forums like Spacebattles. People try and say his energy shield is only a few dozen Kilojoules and his armor can get pierced by 7.62 modern day NATO rounds.
Master Chief is lowballed in some forums.
Master Chief is considered by some casuals to be able to defeat Samus Aran.
Samus Aran canonically defeated Ridley, Mother Brain, SA-X and Dark Samus.
Ridley, SA-X and Dark Samus are considered to be able to tangle with Cell and Vilgax.

Please reconcile, thanks.

Master Chief is lowballed in some forums.
Master Chief is considered by some casuals to be able to defeat Samus Aran.
Samus Aran canonically defeated Ridley, Mother Brain, SA-X and Dark Samus.
Ridley, SA-X and Dark Samus are considered to be able to tangle with Cell and Vilgax.

Please reconcile, thanks.
I watched someone say cloud would lose to chief

And no he wans't trolling

Final Fantasy characters, usually from Final Fantasy VI and VII.

They get lowballed either because of "medieval fantasy" or steampunk aesthetics or because they get threatened by guns.

Despite both games dealing with villains that want to either rule or destroy everything, and becoming gods in their respective quests to do so.

The latter is seriously what other sites use to "debunk" Zack Fair being strong despite him fighting a Bahamut early on in Crisis Core.

Last edited:
Final Fantasy characters, usually from Final Fantasy VI and VII.

They get lowballed either because of "medieval fantasy" or steampunk aesthetics or because they get threatened by guns.

Despite both games dealing with villains that want to either rule or destroy everything, and becoming gods in their respective quests to do so.

The latter is seriously what other sites use to "debunk" Zack Fair being strong despite him fighting a Bahamut early on in Crisis Core.
There was a guy I saw who argued that Sephiroth isnt tier 4 because Supernova is just a 'gravity-based illusion' and thus cant actually damage anything

There was a guy I saw who argued that Sephiroth isnt tier 4 because Supernova is just a 'gravity-based illusion' and thus cant actually damage anything
Have they not seen any of the Ultimania books? Because those books say that the attacks actually happen via pulling a target into another dimension. That explains why the world around you isn't destroyed despite some attacks being world-ending attacks.

Sephiroth might be higher than Tier 4, actually. I'll post it in a Final Fantasy discussion thread if there are any active ones but he should scale to Knights of the Round, and they destroyed a dimension filled with galaxies. So Sephiroth might be Tier 3.

Have they not seen any of the Ultimania books? Because those books say that the attacks actually happen via pulling a target into another dimension. That explains why the world around you isn't destroyed despite some attacks being world-ending attacks.

Sephiroth might be higher than Tier 4, actually. I'll post it in a Final Fantasy discussion thread if there are any active ones but he should scale to Knights of the Round, and they destroyed a dimension filled with galaxies. So Sephiroth might be Tier 3.
Uh he's already tier 3

Uh he's already tier 3
Oh, I really should check the wiki more often. Derp.

Sorry about that.

Anyway, more lowballed stuff: Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

Dark Souls because "medieval fantasy" aesthetic and Bloodborne because Victorian Era aesthetic.

Once again, despite cosmic shenanigans occurring in both of them.

Oh, I really should check the wiki more often. Derp.

Sorry about that.

Anyway, more lowballed stuff: Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

Dark Souls because "medieval fantasy" aesthetic and Bloodborne because Victorian Era aesthetic.

Once again, despite cosmic shenanigans occurring in both of them.
I still laugh thinking about the "Bloodborne has slow bullets" argument.

Back