• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most lowballed character, in your opinion

Not sure if this had been done before, but who in you opinion is the most lowballed character? This is the polar opposite of this thread, meaning a character's capabilities far exceed what is commonly believed to be their limits. Done out of ignorance or intentionally, you would need to throw out numerous contradicting feats for their assessment to be remotely true.

Show me as many lowballed characters as possible, and do list examples of statements reflecting this.

A lot of game characters.

Most notable: Below Average Human dragon, reasoning is because it fails to instantly kill the Chosen Undead. People seem to ignore it literally killed everyone else on the very same bridge and is the size of a literal barn.

Hey I can see why people could think that. I don't see why anyone thinks the building sized dragon is below average human.

I actually think the more popular verses are often way more low balled. How many people think Mario or Sonic cap out at wall level; way more people than the ones that believe they are above tier 8.

Meanwhile if the verse isn't well know then it's going to be the people that love the verse talking about it, which leads to bias. (Though there is still a lot of lowballing for unheard of verses as well)

Kylo Ren: He is not as strong as his grandfather, but there are many people who really put him below Cal Kestis or Ezra Bridger. (Simply because he lost against Rey, ignoring the context of the fight)

Camilopezo said:
Kylo Ren: He is not as strong as his grandfather, but there are many people who really put him below Cal Kestis or Ezra Bridger. (Simply because he lost against Rey, ignoring the context of the fight)
sHe iS aLl tHe jEdi!

As much as I hate the sequel trilogy, I love to start arguments in support of her claiming she's the composite jedi. Not sure how much of a reach that is though tbh

There used to be people who thought Nazarick from Overlord would loose to modern earth (Not on this site tbf)...Then volume ten came out with nuclear blast and we learned ainz is straight up immune to pojectiles that don't contain mana.

Spoiler
(We also learned in the latest novel that yggdrasil had fricken gundams and a variety of machine guns...)

The pen or the sword said:
There used to be people who thought Nazarick from Overlord would loose to modern earth (Not on this site tbf)...Then volume ten came out with nuclear blast and we learned ainz is straight up immune to pojectiles that don't contain mana.
Spoiler
(We also learned in the latest novel that yggdrasil had fricken gundams and a variety of machine guns...)
Dang, I need to read/watch that show. I'm an uncultured swine.

If that last statement is true, what should his durability be upgraded to?

He shouldn't be upgraded 7b suits him just fine atm. My complaint was more directed at some other sites where people seemed to think machine guns would be a big deal to ainz... (Despite one of the maids using one...Said maid is also an android)

Spoiler
(The gundams aren't that impressive feat wise, they're just large suits of powered armor I just called them gundams cause the art reminds me a bit of them aplogies for any confusion I caused!)
For the record if your interested in overlord I recommend you check out the lightnovels after the anime as the LN have a bunch of up to date fan translations already done and the detail in them is far better then the anime (The anime adapts three books per season which leaves some things feeling rather rushed/left out)

As for lowballed characters, I'll go with Kratos. Yes, I know he is ridiculously OP, even wanked at times, but you have no idea the lengths people go to lowball him.

Outside of this wiki, I've seen conversations where people say he is supersonic in speed, slow enough for Luffy (One Piece) to blitz with ease. In reality, with the info we're given, he can be scaled up to Massively FTL+ reaction and combat speed, as he could keep up with Hermes, and stole his boots, giving him even more of a speed boost.

And then ScrewAttack describes the boots as "giving him superhuman speed." I-

MilesTheMorales1 said:
As for lowballed characters, I'll go with Kratos. Yes, I know he is ridiculously OP, even wanked at times, but you have no idea the lengths people go to lowball him.

Outside of this wiki, I've seen conversations where people say he is supersonic in speed, slow enough for Luffy (One Piece) to blitz with ease. In reality, with the info we're given, he can be scaled up to Massively FTL+ reaction and combat speed, as he could keep up with Hermes, and stole his boots, giving him even more of a speed boost.

And then ScrewAttack describes the boots as "giving him superhuman speed." I-
Kratos is mere superhuman in front of Spawn.

Death Battle said Bomberman loses to Dig Dug, by far their biggest downplay. I like how we specifically noted his immunity to Dig Dug's main technique out of spite (Understandably so).

However, I feel like Bomberman is a bit high on our site. He gets 2-C just because some worlds have the word "Hyperspace" attached to them. If that was good enough evidence for universal power, Super Sonic and Illumina would have been made 2-B long ago.

Last edited:
Cthulhu,literally most people say "Oh Cthulhu got beaten by a boat" when Cthulhu wasn't really hurt by it he instantly regenerated and he was in some weird form thing state because the stars weren't right.

Pennywise is HEAVILY downplayed,most people think he depends on fear,say that "he gets beaten by kids" and i even saw someone literally disregard literally everything in the novel book,and just said it was just Pennywise bragging and that he's just some space monster,i mean yes Pennywise does get arrogant and talk about how he is the eater of worlds but that's literally what he is,he's a force of hunger and consumption.

Also Mario is heavily downplayed as well since people say he's just a plumber that can get beaten by turtles and dies by touching Goombas

People say all Eren Yeager has is his strength, and a fast character would blitz him.

Spoiler
But his Attack Titan literally transcends time. Who needs speed when time isn't relevant to you?

Danny Phantom is pretty lowballed/downplayed off site. People still say he can't even fully control his powers by the end of the series even though that was a thing only in the first episode. After that he had decent control with duplication being the only power he had trouble with until season 2. They think he's only able to hold his intangibility/invisibility for a few seconds even though he's held them for much longer (hours) before. Lastly, they think he's only subsonic do to that 112mph thing but don't even realize he has consistent Relativistic/FTL feats.

The Smashor said:
Death Battle said Bomberma loses to Dig Dug, by far their biggest downplay. I like how we specifically noted his immunity to Dig Dug's main technique out of spite (Understandably so).

However, I feel like Bomberman is a bit high on our site. He gets 2-C just because some worlds have the word "Hyperspace" attached to them. If that was good enough evidence for universal power, Super Sonic and Illumina would have been made 2-B long ago.
You do realize that was early DB right not saying they weren't wrong but like they were operating on game logic and shit compared to the shit they do now

The Wright Way said:
There are genuinely people who think the nations of Earth can compete with the Galactic Empire.
I see that shit mainly on Spacebattles who has a hate boner for the verse

LordGriffin1000 said:
Danny Phantom is pretty lowballed/downplayed off site. People still say he can't even fully control his powers by the end of the series even though that was a thing only in the first episode. After that he had decent control with duplication being the only power he had trouble with until season 2. They think he's only able to hold his intangibility/invisibility for a few seconds even though he's held them for much longer (hours) before. Lastly, they think he's only subsonic do to that 112mph thing but don't even realize he has consistent Relativistic/FTL feats.
Hate to say but those comments come from people who have not even watched the full seasons of Danny Phantom. Like, those who think Danny Phantom vs Jake Long is fairer than Danny vs Pac-Man or Danny vs Yusuke Urameshi.

Stillwinston said:
Looking on it Fire Emblem tends to get a similar treatment to Castlevania, cause the characters are supposed to be normal folks with swords and magic and stuff.
It's probably because most video games don't look as strong as they actually are, medieval ones like FE, Castlevania and Elder Scrolls are chief examples imo
Does steve from MC count too? It's technically a medieval game.

Great Red and Trihexa (666) are slightly lowballed, since they have like 20 world destruction statements on their own, but only recently got 5-B because of scaling from another character with far less 5-B statements than them.

I can come up with a few but off the top of my mind, I'm thinking Jak and Daxter. I used to have their stats much higher than they are now during the start of the Jak vs Ratchet death battle and yet after my break from the wiki I come back to see total newbies and normies acting as if Daxter is below average human level. Real talk, Jak destroyed enemies that could casually tank falls from orbit.

Sly too, if it hadn't been for me playing the first game the normies would probably still have him at Wall level.

The Thundercats too, I know they don't even have proper pages other than Lion-O and Mumm-Ra (you can thank me for that one) but the lack of pages for any other characters tells me people don't take them seriously. If we include feats from the comics and crossovers you get a Lion-O that's physically on par with He-Man. Seriously, they actually did a crossover with He-Man, it's bloody awesome, don't waste any time, go check it out.

Aren't most falls from orbit in tier 9-8? Edit: Nevermind, that's literally his tier. I thought he was higher.

We don't include crossover feats by standard. He-Man vs Lion-O would have no bearing here.

Human terminal velocity only gets to 9-B, 9-A with heat pretty sure. You gotta get really heavy to be in tier 8, even. Falls from orbit are treated as a huge thing in fiction and aren't all that bad compared to a lot of common stuff lol

Overlord vol 14 spolier ahead

Spoiler
In overlord the author made this odd bit of world building present (acceleration due to gravity did not seem to be affected by air resistance so one's free-fall velocity could increase infinitely.) Not really sure what to make of it beyond it making free fall calcs simpler I suppose.

The Wright Way said:
Aren't most falls from orbit in tier 9-8? Edit: Nevermind, that's literally his tier. I thought he was higher.
We don't include crossover feats by standard. He-Man vs Lion-O would have no bearing here.
My point is that I provided explicit feats for the two and when I came back to the wiki they were pretty much wiped. The hammer of downgrade can be such nonsense at times.

On crossover feats, I'm sorry but that's stupid. I can understand not taking most of them seriously because yeah, they're usually bs but that doesn't stop us from making separate keys for the versions used in the crossovers as is the case with fighting game guests (even when they're practically featless). There's also crossovers that are treated as canon and should be taken seriously, rules be damned. Have a look at the Thundercats/Battle of the Planets crossover, the G-Force explicitly referenced it twice in later issues.

Back