• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most iconic characters for every tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, Johnny Bravo doesn't even come to mind unless someone specifically names him. Don't remember almost all of the show, no references, no nothing. I feel like some of these characters who are a bit more iffy, we should use polls to see if they would be considered iconic.

Warren Valion said:
Why is Link in 4-B? Composite Link isn't even a thing in the series.
His most iconic form is Ocarina of Time Link - so he should be either High 7-A or High 5-A.
Because composites take more priority, as they are applied when the concept of the character itself is the icon itself, rather than a particular version of it.

Composites do not take more priority.

A composite version of Link includes both the most iconic and least iconic versions of the character - meaning when rating its "level of iconicness" averages out.

A composite isn't just all the benefits of a person, but all their weakness as well.

The rule for this thread is it has to be the most iconic version of the character, correct?

Then you should put said version on the thread.

Bobsican said:
Because composites take more priority, as they are applied when the concept of the character itself is the icon itself, rather than a particular version of it.
This means that the concept of the character as a whole is covered far better by the composite one, rather than the most "notable" version of it by itself.

Tommy Oliver should be the most iconic Ranger due to appearing in 9 separate series of Power Rangers - Mighty Morphin Power Rangers TV series, Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers, Power Rangers Zeo, Power Rangers Turbo, Power Rangers Dino Thunder, Power Rangers Wild Force, Power Rangers S.P.D., Power Rangers Super Megaforce and Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel. More recently, he is Lord Drakko.

Honestly I think Fin and Jake are probably more iconic than Ichigo.

I would put He-Man under 5-A rather than High 2-A. His Filmation appearance is easily his most iconic appearance - most people probably didn't even know that He-Man has had media past it, other than the (sadly) short lived 2002 reboot.

Also, Elsa for 6-C, or is she starting to fade from pubic limelight?

LordGriffin1000 said:
Probably gonna get steamrolled for this but Danny Phantom for 8-A?.
Pikachu laughing
Edit: So...I just realized that could've been seen as rude as it made it look like I was laughing at and mocking the choice. I wasn't (especially given I love Danny Phantom). I was simply saying Pikachu.

@Cal

It's kinda funny, while not known that much on the wiki, Danny Phantom is very recognizable and known.

I keep forgetting about Pokemon's 8-A's. Yeah, I'll give it to Pikachu.

Edited my above comment as it could've been interpreted wrongly. Anyway, I used a Pikachu gif for a reason, as that's Pikachu's tier. Danny Phantom is amazing and deserves to be more recognized.

Pikachu steam rolls everything else in whatever tier he could possibly be in. When an electroshock mouse is a pop culture icon for 20 years from tv series, games etc and is also getting its own live action, nothing even compares.

Darkanine said:
I would put He-Man under 5-A rather than High 2-A. His Filmation appearance is easily his most iconic appearance - most people probably didn't even know that He-Man has had media past it, other than the (sadly) short lived 2002 reboot.
We really needed someone for High 2-A, and he fits perfectly.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Tommy Oliver should be the most iconic Ranger due to appearing in 9 separate series of Power Rangers - Mighty Morphin Power Rangers TV series, Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers, Power Rangers Zeo, Power Rangers Turbo, Power Rangers Dino Thunder, Power Rangers Wild Force, Power Rangers S.P.D., Power Rangers Super Megaforce and Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel. More recently, he is Lord Drakko.
We could always use the Green Ranger for High 2-A

Why does Tommy have two spots when we were trying to avoid giving multiple spots to characters?

Because Drakkon is actually an alternate timeline version.

...Now that you mention it, yeah, you´re right, allowing two of those would lead to stuff like Sonic being in at least 2 spots.

Yeah, I thought of Imscared at first. Powerpuff Girls is definitely competition.

I'm only now noticing this but...It's HER not HIM.

James Bond is added.

Jack, however, isn´t really iconic to my knowledge.

What makes you think Jack isn't iconic? Pirates of the Carribean nearly has 1.5 billion dollars achieved as a film series in theaters. The film series is over 10 years old at this point but still, I'd say a good amount of people know who Jack is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back