• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most downplayed character, in your opinion

SpookyShadow said:
Lol calm down your **** guys, he's clearly new into this so only a one simple/few explanations are needed
If simple explanations were all that were needed, we wouldn't still be having this conversation. The problem isn't that he's new, the problem is that he's stubborn.

Chaos Emeralds, and the countless items in-game. I've been convinced that Sonic wins, but it was hard to tell with so many games.

He's also apparently admitted to being 9 years old and deliberately wasting our time.

I mean, if he's 9 years old then there's also really no need to go vulgar and push on him, just leave him and make him wonder with few links if he can't get it by your explanations. But I'm pretty sure 9yos are not quite accepted on this wiki

Either a troll or 9yo dude, no way to tell

Ok, I'm not a troll. I'm sorry I got defensive and upset, I generally try not to post on this wiki, but didn't have anything else to do. I'm sorry to anybody I might have offended.

Planck69 said:
He's also apparently admitted to being 9 years old and deliberately wasting our time.
I was not deliberately wasting your time, I had nothing else to do and was insulted earlier in the stream. I'm sorry.

imma bring back this convo.

Kirby is downplayed at the moment. We are trying to find the guides that could simplify the 2-C/2-B feats he has, but currently the explanation is too long and can be somewhat confusing and thus we can only wait and see.

>2-C/B.

What are those? I know of low 2-C feats but haven't heard of anything above that?

Not really, but Ben Tennyso in general tends to get downplayed offsite. People tend to limit Ben with his 10 year old incarnation, gives him no access to Master Control, gives him a time limit and yonder.

Goku also tends to get downplayed where they use this incident and just downgrade him to just plain wall level dura when it was concluded that he had his guard lowered.

Bill Cipher downplayed and getting downgraded is basically a meme at this point...

Chariot190 said:
>2-C/B.
What are those? I know of low 2-C feats but haven't heard of anything above that?
there are notes in kirby's profiles with a detailed explanation of this.

But basically: another dimension can be proven to be a multiverse. There are 2-C fixing/destroying feats by, if i remember correctly, both kirby characters and likely sphere doomers. Stuff scales to Lor Starcutter which got whooped by landia with master crown. Master crown magolor is infinitely powerful while Lor is never stated to be that powerful, putting Magolor infinitely above it which like 2-B. It then scales even further with void termina.

Anyways that was a short and poor explanation. Go read notes in kirby profile.

Spawn imo gets downplayed a lot on this wiki. I feel like Spawn is missing a lot of abilities on his page but nobody is going to add them.

The ones that I seen downplayed horribly outside of this wiki are:

Final Fantasy series: A few of you already explained why since people always take gameplay value over lore which they think that its just gameplay mechanics.

BlazBlue: Good god this series was downplayed a lot outside of this wiki, go see any youtube video match up and when you see Ragna vs Dante, they would have Dante stomp Ragna and downplay the crap out of the guy. Not only that but due to the plot's crazy lore they take only glimpses and the surface of the BlazBlue character's feats and at the same time over wank Dante saying he is immortal and stuff. This also appears a few times in Spacebattles where Ainz or Kirito beats Ragna, and in comic book vine where Ragna lost to Captain Marvel (Carol)! It doesn't help that Death Battle mocked this series and that not many people knew about BlazBlue and only knew from what Death Battle told them and they got a schrewed version of BlazBlue.

Fate series: This series isn't downplayed here but in a quite few places they were downplayed pretty bad I mean one guy had Saber lose to Erza or that Archer EMIYA lost to Weiss Schnee! What I am saying is that this series like BlazBlue is often underestimated quite a few times. Like BlazBlue its a confusing series with various power scales in each different universe which makes it hard to figure it out but given how Fate series was made.

Shin Megami Tensei/Persona series: I seen some saying that Shin Megami Tensei and Persona are gameplay mechanics and that Yu Narukami's feats are plot only or something. I also saw Yu Narukami lose to Jotaro Kujo since they said that Jotaro faced better foes than Narukami and that Jotaro is much stronger in every way even though Narukami has feats that would put Jotaro down. Also that the protags of Shin Megami Tensei are just gameplay feats and shouldn't take with any kind of value even though they have feats that are extremely powerful.

Last edited:
Warhammer 40k gets pretty heavily downplayed on other sites, like 9-A Primarchs or Solar System Chaos Gods.

Or they overestimate how powerful a nuke is.
A lot of people hear on Tv that nuclear war could destroy humanity and reinterpret it as nukes can blow up the Earth.

Fanfiction writers often have no idea, how strong a character is, and their biggest victim in therms of downplaying seems to be Sonic the Hedgehog. He often gets downgraded to 9-C or even 10-A. I've seen not 1, not 2, but 3 fanfics, where Sonic gets killed/defeated by metrocops from Half-Life 2. I have also seen fics, where Sonic gets beaten by: demons from Doom, Vega from Street Fighter, Nemesis from Resident Evil and more.

And if you think, that super Sonic is safe, too bad, because there is a fic, where super Sonic gets beaten by a minor Nanoha character. All of these use either game or Archie Sonic by the way.

In actual versus debates, unlike fanfics, I have more often seen Sonic getting wanked, than downplayed.

Other insane fanfic downplays include: Twilight Sparkle being unable to beat an imp from Doom, Supergirl being beaten by a random One Punch Man monster, Kantai Collection characters being beaten by a normal Whale, Rem beating Madara, the entire Naruto verse losing to a battalion of WWI soldiers, because of bullets and poison gas.

Also, I've seen a fanfic where the author was completely convinced that federation ships from Star Trek don't have any weapons stronger that 1 Megaton, which looks like a downplay, even though I know nothing about Star Trek.

In therms of insane downplay in actual versus and power scaling debates:

- Matpat from Game Theory thinks that Sonic is slower than sound
- I've seen a guy on FF.net argue that Kenpachi is featles and would lose to Edward Cullen
- There is a youtuber, who thinks, that Kars can solo the Naruto verse
- There is a vs battle on Deviantart, where the Auditor from Madness Combat beats Lord Tirek
- There are people who argue, that 1 trillion lions can beat all 800+ pokemons, simply due to numerical advantage
- One stupid article claimed that Killua can beat Ichigo (the author clearly had no idea, how to scale Ichigo, so it's more of a Ichigo downplay, than Killua wank)
- A youtuber have said, that Donkey Kong is as strong as a normal gorilla

Hollow Knight as a whole. I doubt that they'll be insect size in a fight and some of them are Below Average in speed because of their size while at the same time ignoring the fact that some of them are faster than sight and how The Knight can dodge lasers.

Oh... Well that sucks. Then I guess I'll go with Bowser then. (Also The Knight being Below Average in speed is still dumb seeing as I doubt keeping up with people who are faster than sight and being able to dodge lasers is below average)

We have extremely strict rules for what qualifies as "lasers" on this site and seeing how, if that feat were legit, it would be in the light speed ballpark, it might be an outlier anyways. That said, I don't know Hollow Knight, so I can't judge.

Yeah, I'm part of the camp that agrees that Game Sonic gets downplayed hard.
Fate series gets downplayed pretty bad too.
I also don't really agree with Sora from Kingdom Hearts being only universal, I absolutely REFUSE to believe that worlds are JUST planets.
Then once you go beyond Fate and into the Nasuverse in general, you have Nasu himself claiming that Void Shiki can't kill Servants.

Back