• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most downplayed character, in your opinion

******* Pokemon. The whole "lol just shoot a Pokemon a gun to kill em" thing is borderline braindead. Worst part is even fans think that, which is odd because anyone who knows anything about it should know that most are bulletproof even lowballing. I mean being punched through boulders and into craters kinda makes you bulletproof.

>I can kill pokemon with a bullet

Even if we ignore every piece of Lore we have, considering they are capable of being flung into the atmosphere, tanking massive explosions, lightning strikes, and earthquakes, the idea a gun can kill pokemon is hilarious

Yeah and yet it's treated like common sense. It's like someone saying "just shoot superman" yet anyone who knows anything about him would know that's stupid. Don't know why Pokemon is treated like bullets would kill even the most overpowered Pokemon like Dialga, the prevelance of meme videos about guns vs Pokemon doesn't help it though.

Chariot190 said:
******* Pokemon. The whole "lol just shoot a Pokemon a gun to kill em" thing is borderline braindead. Worst part is even fans think that, which is odd because anyone who knows anything about it should know that most are bulletproof even lowballing. I mean being punched through boulders and into craters kinda makes you bulletproof.
They overestimate piercing damage i believe.

I see Dovah get downplayed alot on other places like him being Building level at absolute peak and having little hax.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Mario>>>>>>>Reinhard and Yogiri in terms of character quality
I can get why you dislike Reinhard but hes at least slightly better than Yogiri ovo

TheDivineHost said:
Universal Azathoth GG.
Ah, ComicVine. Where they try to downplay Yog-Sothoth to Low 1-C with a quote that's High 1-B. 10/10 analysis on their part.

Mario being downplayed is pretty much self-explainatory

Game Sonic is also really downplayed outside the eiki, especiallly since they only take Archie Sonic seriously while still seeing Game Sonic as a barely supersonic hedgehog despite having plenty of higher speed feats.

Bill Cipher is also downplayed a lot here.

Pokemon too, especially with the downplayers using game mechanics to justify it

ZeedKrakenZilla said:
I always see people with "Rayquaza >> Arceus" via his superior stats in the game.
And people saying Mewtwo is superior to both of them because of movie 1, and downplay Arceus because of movie 12

Gilad Hyperstar said:
ZeedKrakenZilla said:
I always see people with "Rayquaza >> Arceus" via his superior stats in the game.
And people saying Mewtwo is superior to both of them because of movie 1, and downplay Arceus because of movie 12
lel animation rewind used the arceus got killed by a meteor for his durability against another god tier digimon

Most of western animation in general pretty much. I feel like it's just because most of the time they don't focus on action as much and people think they don't seem as serious a lot of the time I guess?

I've noticed Samurai Jack get wanked a lot though probably just because it's a show that focuses on action more and their fight scenes look really cool (And I think we need more of that in Western Animation. ;P). Like I've literally seen people believing Aku could beat Bill Cipher.

I hate when people downplay Pokemon cuz of gameplay mechanics, I think people do that with Digimon too rarely, but I mostly see DB fans downplaying Pokemon with game stuff and calling it BS that the game does have some truth to it.

I╠ ╠Âg╠Âu╠Âe╠Âs╠Âs╠ ╠Âb╠Ây╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠ÂD╠ÂB╠ ╠Âf╠Âa╠Ân╠Âb╠Âa╠Âs╠Âe╠Â'╠Âs╠ ╠Âl╠Âo╠Âg╠Âi╠Âc╠ ╠ÂC╠Âh╠Âi╠ ╠ÂC╠Âh╠Âi╠ ╠Âb╠Âo╠Âd╠Âi╠Âe╠Âs╠ ╠ÂF╠Âr╠Âi╠Âe╠Âz╠Âa╠ ╠Âc╠Âu╠Âz╠ ╠Âo╠Âf╠ ╠ÂB╠ÂT╠Â3╠ ╠Âl╠Âo╠Âg╠Âi╠Âc╠Â

Nah, Sonic the Hedgehog is extremely downplayed, at least in terms of speed,

Why??? Because according to them, Sonic is barely above subsonic since it takes time to go through levels

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Nah, Sonic the Hedgehog is extremely downplayed, at least in terms of speed,
Why??? Because according to them, Sonic is barely above subsonic since it takes time to go through levels
lol

Eeyup. Some people actually believe all pokemon can only learn moves even though it's only a thing in the games I believe. It's only there to prevent your pokemon from being too OP when fighting against other players or NPCs.

In the anime there's been occasions where a pokemon has been able to use more than four different types of moves.

If anything, I see DB fans downplaying Sonic a lot more than them downplaying pokemon

I see Sonic fans downplaying DB more than the other way around.

Princess Peppypuppy said:
Uniasha said:
actually wukong's current profile is kind of a down play
Make a thread about it if you want.
uldmaster already done a blog that most people accepted of what wukong's profile and his tier should look like

Uniasha said:
Uniasha said:
actually wukong's current profile is kind of a down play
Make a thread about it if you want.
uldmaster already done a blog that most people accepted of what wukong's profile and his tier should look like
Alrighty then. :3
it would be from like how archie sonic was **** last time to when he became too powerful

wukong would also be like that

Bill loses fights that he could easily stomp, and Undertale gets downplayed a lot.

Since when could sonic beat a foe who can stop him in his tracks!?

(Sonic vs Undyne the Undying)

Back