• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most downplayed character, in your opinion

"Why cant we just kill the trainers?"
the trainers can form a bond with the pokemon proving themselves.

pokemon verse humans have continuously tanked hits from their pokemon, serious hits. Especially ash who tanked thunderbolts and flamethrowers as well as him being knocked back by riolu's vaccume wave without any notable damage despite being blasted onto wall.

there is a high chance humans are related to pokemon as in ancient times they were the same according to scriptures, they even married.

tl;dr ash's mom floofed a lucario and now ash has aura powers.

Also, I don't know where people get the impression that no one as tried just killing the trainers, because that actually happens a lot from what I've heard. Even then, wild Pokemon exist? Killing the trainer doesn't make them just forget their moves? If anything, they'd just get pissed off at you for killing their best friend. If you think Charizard is tough, try a pissed off Charizard whose friend you just murdered.

Alright here i go

Firstly, most people don't think that the verse caps anywhere near above Solar System level to possibly Galaxy level and that's including the chaos gods because they think that the chaos gods only exist in a single galaxy even tho old lore and the new lore suggest otherwise. Primarchs are literally treated as a joke, i once got literally crucified in a reddit post because i said that Sanguinius destroying a solar system sized structure was a legit feat that would put him around that tier and people literally called me a buffoon, manchild, and a ****** even even tho i showed them characters who can destroy planets and some other characters doing similar feats, they didn't ******* care. We are literally the only website who claims that the Warhammer 40k verse is even remotely higher than Low 2-C

Secondly, Abaddon is literally disrespected beyond belief... Everyone treats him as a meme essentially even tho the guy killed a ******* primarch clone ad people will claim that it isn't legit, and that goes to his other feats too. Everything he does is regarded as just plot armor or not even legit and he shouldn't be that powerful because... reasons. And that goes about to every other character

Thirdly, Even tho people say that Warhammer 40k is wanked in terms of infantry that might not be further from the truth. You see this is so ******* bad that some writers actually fall for this meme to the point where some writers think that Orks are equal to an average guardsmen and they get killed in close armed combat by them... to just give a perspective, an ork is always meant to be physically as capable as an Astartes and they can survive decapitation without much of an scratch because of their regeneration capabilities and comparing that to an average human is beyond idiotic. Not to mention people thinking that titans cannot survive nukes or terminator clad astartes being punctured by a guardsmen knife is possible because of tabletop logic's...

Fourthly, The Dark age of Technology for some reason getting downplayed? Yeah, when people learned of the interex they legitimately thought that most people in DAoT weren't as advanced as they thought even tho Speranza a ship that was created before the DAoT was able to ******* manipulate time in a way that not even a precognition eldar could predict it, create black holes, and manipulate literal void. I'm not even going to go over the other things that were stated to be in the DAoT but it's weird that it also gets downplayed as hell and speaking of advanced technology.

Fifth, Necrons. People only ever think about the Celestial Orrery even tho that's not the only thing that necrons have that can snuff out planets and stars. Most people tend to downplay C'tan a lot because people don't read a lot about them and in turn don't know anything about them so they don't know these are literally the gods of the materium meaning they have total control over infinite universes that is made out of infinite dimensions but it's hard to convince that anyone that warhammer 40k is above planet level let alone High 1-B. And people for this reason tend to think that wouldn't do well against other advanced civilizations such as the forerunners and xeelee because they think that the necrons cannot manipulate or destroy more than a galaxy even tho they managed to fight with the Old Ones (the guys who managed to easily beat he C'tan) and the C'tan at the same time and even win

Warhammer 40k while oftenly said to be wanked is more so downplayed than wanked and there is much more i could get into as to why the verse is so downplayed
Knowing the redditor logic, this all makes sense. When a character is """Wanked""", the redditor will decide to downplay them out of spite, since these """wanked""" characters beat characters like Goku. The most common example of this is Kratos, he has dozens of text book universe level feats in the novel, but they think that's wank because he doesn't have any in game, which is mostly spread by the goku fans. Now kratos is 10-B there. Same thing happened to Warhammer, it was supposedly '""Wanked""", so the downplayed it out of spite.

DB Fans really can't fathom that people stronger than Goku exist at times...
A lot of evidence points it at the Goku fan boys. Saying most characters are weaker than Goku unless they have a feat above 2-C, straight up downvoting users for saying goku loses in a fight, it's legit hillarious. Also, the only characters that can beat Xeno Goku are meta characters and toon force users because yeah

I dont know if ive seen 10-B Kaldor, wouldn’t be surprised tho. My 9-B is from a CV thread where someone said Kaldor was wall level (And provided no legitimate evidence).

I love when people say you are wanking a character and/or massively tier them differently then you and barely give any reasoning beyond “You’re wrong and im right”

One of my biggest issues with other debeating sites like CV and SB is that since theres no agreed upon system and tiering one character can be seen as so drastically varied by people in the same thread. When you have a thread and one person days a character is Low 2-C and another says that same character is like 8-C then theres a legitimate issue.

I've seen a character stalemate the Beyonder, only to lose to Goku in another thread. Yeeesh......

I've seen a character stalemate the Beyonder, only to lose to Goku in another thread. Yeeesh......
Ill never understand where the whole “Goku is unbeatable” thing actually comes from like that literally goes against Goku as a character and like all of the DBZ plot, Goku loses all the time its just he comes back stronger and barely wins the second time (In most cases).

I enjoy DBZ and like Goku but people who act like Goku is all-powerful and unbeatable are ignoring legitimate parts of the character.

Same as "Superman can never lose! It's not part of his character!?"

Like, I'm legitimately annoyed with how much DC Comics seems to want to make him comparable to every superhero but it's pretty clear that he's never meant to be an omnipotent being so I have no clue where they get this.

I saw in reddit that Hakumen lost to DBZ Future Trunks because someone said his hax doesn't matter since Trunks is stronger even though...Hakumen, Ragna, Noel/Mu-12, Jin Kisaragi, Nu-13, Es, Susano'o, Izanami, Jubei, Rachel, Amane and Naoto STOMP Dragon Ball Heroes characters...

star wars especially on SB and reddit. They legit think rwby characters can beat darth sidious
I saw an old deviant art battle where Jetstream Sam beats Hakumen...yes Hakumen from BLAZBLUE! Just how!?

It said that Sam has a better fighting style and his sword can cut through Hakumen's healing factor and armour no matter what...what a downplay for Hakumen.

Just how!?
D85xmzL.gif

The power of Brazil.

Guys, I know this is a topic off but
here
Old thread but I always have to feel these kinds of threads like this will appear and suffer the same fate as that thread
Okay, no. This feels dangerously close to trying to start a flame war between two different vs communities.

Reddit does what Reddit does and we'll do what we'll do. Let's not start giving out links, okay?

Okay, no. This feels dangerously close to trying to start a flame war between two different vs communities.

Reddit does what Reddit does and we'll do what we'll do. Let's not start giving out links, okay?
I mean CharacterRant has been always ******** on us tho and CharacterRant is just not about VS battles only, they also ask questions, making Rant about writing, etc. But you are right I will delete it

Let me see.

Post-Crisis Superman: 50 Universal feats, 11 Solar System level feats, listed as 4-B. He'd be like 2-C for being comparable to Golden and Silver Age Superman, imo.

Sonic outside VSBW: Oh, I blame MatPat and Game Theory for this one. We have Sonic literally calling the speed of light slow, outrunning a black hole, and doing all sorts of speed feats that wouldn't be possible.

Goku (According to DB Haters): Oh my gosh, I've legit heard people argue Goku is laser level or bullet level as a god lol. Another dude literally said Godspeed Killua was faster than him XD

Pain/Nagato (According to this one dude SethTheProgrammer debated once): Speaking of the dude that said Godspeed Killua blitzes Goku, this dude legitimately said that Pain, who we saw level Konoha, was only "neighborhood level". Those were his words, not mine.

Ultron (in canon): There was one time Daredevil beat Ultron with a stick. If that's not downplay, I don't know what is.

Spider-Man: I could legit make a case for Spidey being 5-A due to how many times he's been able to consistently contend with and damage 5-A characters. But he's listed as High 8-C or something like that...

That's all I've got for now...

I will point out that the 50 universal feats were gone through one by one already and most of them were found to be out of context or misinterpreted. The exact number was around 66 or so.

I saw a thread that put up the CM against the Anti-Spirals, and someone tried to say that the Cthulhu Mythos was a dream that a monster placed on Randolph Carter.

I saw a thread that put up the CM against the Anti-Spirals, and someone tried to say that the Cthulhu Mythos was a dream that a monster placed on Randolph Carter.
He isn't even present for half of the stories. The story he is present in has the events narrated by another person. The hell was this guy on?

Let me see.

Post-Crisis Superman: 50 Universal feats, 11 Solar System level feats, listed as 4-B. He'd be like 2-C for being comparable to Golden and Silver Age Superman, imo.

Sonic outside VSBW: Oh, I blame MatPat and Game Theory for this one. We have Sonic literally calling the speed of light slow, outrunning a black hole, and doing all sorts of speed feats that wouldn't be possible.

Goku (According to DB Haters): Oh my gosh, I've legit heard people argue Goku is laser level or bullet level as a god lol. Another dude literally said Godspeed Killua was faster than him XD

Pain/Nagato (According to this one dude SethTheProgrammer debated once): Speaking of the dude that said Godspeed Killua blitzes Goku, this dude legitimately said that Pain, who we saw level Konoha, was only "neighborhood level". Those were his words, not mine.

Ultron (in canon): There was one time Daredevil beat Ultron with a stick. If that's not downplay, I don't know what is.

Spider-Man: I could legit make a case for Spidey being 5-A due to how many times he's been able to consistently contend with and damage 5-A characters. But he's listed as High 8-C or something like that...

That's all I've got for now...
Lol game theory is trash and be careful, Seth may ******** on you when he sees this

I mean CharacterRant has been always ******** on us tho and CharacterRant is just not about VS battles only, they also ask questions, making Rant about writing, etc. But you are right I will delete it
And we're ******** on them here. The difference is, no one is going to the other site to harass the other, which what I'm worried the link will lead to.

Outside the wiki, Dante and Kratos are big ones I've seen downplayed big time. Kratos I can understand, since SethTheProgrammer stanned for something like 2-B to upwards of High 2-A Kratos and he tends to spark a bit of controversy like with his 500× multiplier Full Power Super Saiyan, but one of my friends said Dante's only like Multi-City Block scaling from a demon in the anime that he defeated (even though Dante was basically MCB before even unlocking his Devil Trigger lol)

Some more that have been downplayed in my experience are TES protags, and just characters in general (makes sense cuz the combat sucks ass and the lore is all sorts of indecipherable to a casual observer) and Guts, who a lot of people I've met say is like Small Building Level even in the current arc and is Subsonic+ at best

And as for on this wiki, Dark Souls is pretty downplayed, frankly that whole "light is time" thing is pretty consistent even back in the first game, more so than Star level imho, of which the best evidence is the presence of easily-missed heliocentric solar system models in Seath's Archives. The speed is understandable tho, the verse is pretty lacking in feats, any impressive ones, at least. Hell, this is the most impressive one I know of, and it's simultaneously the most forgettable one lol. And it certainly caps out below MHS+, given that even Ashen One and Slave Knight Gael couldnt keep up with natural lightning. All the same, though, while it could quite easily be the weakest Tier 2 verse, especially with speed unequal, it still totally is one.

Back