• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most disappointing stories in Fiction

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
Title says it all. This can either be...

A. Stories that had a lot of hype but fell short (The Last Jedi)

B. Stories that started out good and ended up sucking (Divinity:OS2)

Worst one I've seen in a while is Divinity: Original Sin 2. Started with an awesome and rich plot but then the plot slaps you across the face and none of your choices even matter because everyone starts ripping their faces off to reveal themselves as evil undead and the antagonist shows up with da PLOT stick.

What are your most disappointing stories you've seen in fiction? Let me know!

Ace Combat Assault Horizon.

After playing Zero and 4 all the time I was hyped to see what was next, and we got a well known other on the project so maybe...It...Will...Be...Good....

NOPE, generic US vs USSR story #557

Star Wars: Battlefront II (2017) in its entirety.

>Game advertises itself as a story about the Empire

>Main characters defect not even halfway through the four hour campaign

>Half of the already existing campaign (Which I reiterate, is four hours long) isn't even about the main characters

>Forces you to read supplementary materials to understand some things

>Ends on a nonsensical cliffhanger for story DLC

And then the classic EA practices but now ramped up to over 9,000.

Breath of the Wild.

I had such high hopes for the game, and in the end I got ****** by the reality that my favorite game series is going in a different direction that I can't stand.

It's a series that is mostly meant to deliver ecchi. Having even some expectations for it will only lead you to disappointment.

Which also got hihgly annoying

Badboybilly1000 said:
Which also got hihgly annoying
Why do you have expectations for a compelling plot in an Ecchi Light Novel/Anime?

That's like having expectations in the plot and acting in ****.

Hell, DxD had a boring plot, but I loved the interactions between the characters and especially Issei and Rias, coming from me some of the stuff they say is pretty damn genuine.

Harem and such are favs in the anime genre however constant nose bleed will get annoying but it did get better after they became a couple(right after the attack on the underworld school)

A. The Last Jedi. Possibly Avengers 3.

Second one is more of a prediction

B. InFAMOUS (Never typed that fast in my life)

My gripes with it are pretty much along Assalt's OS2 lines. First game was awesome, though I wish it was better. Despise the other games. Wish for a reboot and not another game in the current continuity.

doesn't suck, first half is out, it's just pretty.. how do I say this..mehhh???, very weak Season so far

A. Fairy tail last arc... As a fan of the series i just... Damn!

B. Any game that had to do with Shadow the hedgehog.

Blanked said:
Any game that had to do with Shadow the hedgehog.
Story was all over the place yet non-existent.

Gameplay was at least decent enough to make me play all the way through.

Without a doubt the best part of the game is the soundtrack.

TeenAngel101 said:
Didn't even know it started.

Is it over? Or does it just suck so far?
It's just "meh" as Shadow senpai said. It's nothing bad but it isn't as good as say... The latter half of Season 2. I just hope the second half of this season picks up.

My biggest issue with the first half of Season 4 is that it seemed to become actually less serious than the latter halves of Seasons 2 and 3. WTF? And here I was hoping things would actually grow more serious.

Blanked beat me to it. However, I got another one.

Digimon Adventure TRI. Had a ton of hype. But is all honesty, is a writing failure that doesn't explain shit. Dragon Ball Super explains stuff more than this show...

@Soldier as much as I love the Ahsoka vs Vader Duel, I think season 3 as a whole is better than Season 2 minus the season finale of course. S4 has been the weakest since the first half of Season 1

Infamous Second Son, I had too I'm sorry.

Now don't get me wrong, SS is a good game (7, 7.5 IDK) and one that's part of a still criminally underloved series, but even I admit that by comparison to the first Great Infamous, and the excellent Infamous 2....I was disappointed.

Character wise, the only character that really stuck out to me was Abigail, and that's from me playing First Light.

Delsin is funny and enjoyable (Good) and I liked who he became at the end, but he lacks a lot of depth as a protagonist and doesn't really go beyond that, especially by comparison to his much better predecessor, and Evil Delsin is honestly the type of guy I would punch on the street. His actions make no sense, he does it affectively for the sake of fine with zero real rhyme or reason, and the dude can honestly die in a fire.

Cole had a damn good reason for hating all the hypocrites in Empire City who blamed him for something he didn't do, resulting in his own personal issues to pile up, Delsin goes through none of that shit, and he turns into a bigger piece of shit then Evil Cole.

I PRAY the next game (If there's a way to continue the story) goes into more detail with Delsin and the others, because if Infamous wants to be the more popular series it deserves to be, it needs to improve all I mentioned.

But I mean...like...

The gameplay should feel more exciting and dynamic. With equal focus on melee and ranged combat. Cole always seemed too slow and weak during gameplay.

It has the branching pathways in a way that isn't complicated and adds genuine replay value.

Should've kept the overall feel and tone of the first game. Each one, even ones that star the same character, feel super disconnected from the last.

Back