• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most disappointing stories in Fiction

Actually, now that I think about it:

DmC returned to the original continuity because the reboot is 2 edgy 4 U

InFAMOUS needs a reboot because the orginal continuity is 2 edgy 4 U

If I have to name one:

Naruto Part II: I know, I know. But hear me out. My major gripe with the story on reflection of it is the fact that I don't really feel like I got a story about Naruto, himself. Sure his name is title and he does a lot of things but ultimately, I don't feel like I really saw Naruto grow in the second halve of the story. In Part 1, he goes from this troublemaking slacker/outcast who wants to be Hokage so that he'll be respected to a ninja who coming to truly value his comrades and trying to be the best he can while making his way in the world. However, Part II never truly sees Naruto mature. He keeps this optimistic and kind of romantic view of the world he lives in and when faced with the ugly truth of the world, he doesn't truly acknowlege it, so much as he basically says, that he'll keep doing what he's doing anyway. IDK, Part II just seemed to focus too much on epic threats and ridiculous idealism at the expense of any character potential Naruto himself had. Not too mention, that we were given a wide world full of ninja, goverments and so much more and none it ever got explored.

Bre8k said:
Blazblue cross tag battle.
Half the roster is DLC.KILL ME.
Oh no, you don't get to go yet. You will feel the pain I have felt for so long.

When your franchise is in ashes, then...you have my permission to die.

TeenAngel101 said:
Bre8k said:
Blazblue cross tag battle.
Half the roster is DLC.KILL ME.
Oh no, you don't get to go yet. You will feel the pain I have felt for so long.
When your franchise is in ashes, then...you have my permission to die.
See my above comments

TeenAngel101 said:
Also, that's what they said before they made this guy.
The only redeemable quality of Archie is the stats. It's incredibly meh otherwise. So, ya know......

I honestly can't argue with you there. And a lot of it was pretty ****** weird.

But what if IDW or someone decent rebooted inFAMOUS into comics? Do you think that would be acceptable?

TeenAngel101 said:
I honestly can't argue with you there. And a lot of it was pretty ****** weird.
But what if IDW or someone decent rebooted inFAMOUS into comics? Do you think that would be acceptable?
I honestly would be more interested if it was a manga. Since, ya know, I'm a weeaboo scum and it would be interesting to see the artstyle.

If I had to say the biggest disappointment it would be the blood and wine dlc of Witcher 3 (I never played the game due to my game breaking making me lose hours of the game). The dlc was horrible, the only part about of the dlc that was good was an out of nowhere reference to grimms fairy tales and it wasn't even that good of a reference. My main problem with the dlc was that most of it was a fetch quest. Their were also a lot of plot points that made no sense like going into the memories of a hand to see what someone did (even after the hand was removed from the guy). And to get the true ending you had to fine a random arm band and win a card game to get it. The ending I got was stupid, geralt got the queen killed yet he wasn't executed for it and he has an option to put flowers on the queen's murder's grave. It was terrible!

Knack

No but seriously. If this was Sony's attempt at making a mascot for the PS4, they failed spectacularly. But this failure had a sort of The Room kind of vibe, you know, the so bad it's good vibe.

Let's go over the train wreak that was this game. 1 dimensional lead protagonist, bland as hell secondary cast, terrible pacing, the most convenient ass pulls to develop characters, cheap as hell antagonist, and finally, finally, that nonsensical ending that makes about as much sense as a spiked toilet seat.

But, I still think it was a great game and will fite anyone that tells me otherwise.

KNACK 3 BAYBEEEEEEEEEE

Was it at least a good platformer in a mechanical sense?

I mean Knack 2 was, but the original has sub-par at best. Especially the lovely mechanic of loading every new area with a cutscene, effectively making the progression of levels feel awkward and slow.

Gargoyle One said:
Hell, DxD had a boring plot, but I loved the interactions between the characters and especially Issei and Rias, coming from me some of the stuff they say is pretty damn genuine.
This

The only reason I read DxD

Back