• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most disappointing stories in Fiction

I never had that issue tbh.

Melee was never a big part of the gameplay, helpful yes, but I never really had the issue with Infamous 1 and 2. Unless you meant Delsin and it was a typo at the end.

You can make your enemies fly with a push of a button, spam shock missles, and shock them in water which is super entertaining.

On top of this, the enemies reactions to you were priceless in 2.

"IT'S HIM! THE PRIME CONDUIT!"

"HE'S....HE'S HE DRAINING POWER FROM...FROM THE STORM"

If you meant Delsin I agree.

Video, Smoke and Concrete weren't too fun, and Neon was a lamified version of Abigail's awesome Neon.

Anything with "Warhammer 40,000" in the title. ovo

Just kiddin'. I think DB: Resurrection F takes the cake. After the awesome movie that was BoG, we got this Freeza slugfest with several inconsistencies, both in the storyline and in the powerscaling. I was pretty disappointed.

Kepekley23 said:
Anything with "Warhammer 40,000" in the title. ovo

Just kiddin'. I think DB: Resurrection F takes the cake. After an awesome movie, we have this Freeza slugfest with no story at all.
But....

The fights were awesome.

I am almost never hyped.

I always avoid being hyped because you might end up dissapointed even if the product is good,I mean the word comes from the term hyperbole .

But, some stuff still dissapointed me, though. This is stuff that got me dissapointed the most but I didn't dislike:

-Asura's Wrath: The game is literally just a movie with some interactive parts. If it was just a movie, it would have been far better, but still the best parts aren't in the gameplay, they are in the cutscenes and QTEs.

-Alien Covenant: I didn't watch Prometheus though, so I can't compared. Has quite a lot of padding (The movie could have been just an hour and a half long instead of 2 hours), they literally killed off the Engineers super fast when they could have explored them more, the Neomorph is just there. But when the Xenomorph shows up, that is when the novie finally starts picking up.

I might add more.

Black Rock Shooter. Just, in general.

The designs of the characters themselves are fantastic, so is the semi-world building going on with the original artist.

But it looks like any attempts at making something of substance of it failed to live up to most expectations, to the point where the series as a whole died post-2012.

-OVA: Way too short, doesn't explain anything. As it was the first major thing out of it, also lacked budget compared to future stuff. Not bad, but still could have been more.

-Game: Gameplay is slow and kinda awkward. Designs of the characters stray way too much from the originals. Story is not bad but nothing quite good either.

-Manga: Way too short, and the personalities of the characters feels way too much like a generic anime.

-Rock-chan: It's just a 4koma comedy-based series. Doesn't quite live up to the serious, action-based stuff the series usually has.

-Anime: Battle scenes are godly, but the anime spends way too much time focusing on the drama going on in the real world, with the battles themselves only loosely connecting to them.

TeenAngel101 said:
My gripes with it are pretty much along Assalt's OS2 lines. First game was awesome, though I wish it was better. Despise the other games. Wish for a reboot and not another game in the current continuity.
I just wish they made Delsin a better character. And maybe gave him a reason to be evil?

DMUA said:
TeenAngel101 said:
My gripes with it are pretty much along Assalt's OS2 lines. First game was awesome, though I wish it was better. Despise the other games. Wish for a reboot and not another game in the current continuity.
I just wish they made Delsin a better character. And maybe gave him a reason to be evil?
My big gripe is that Cole's story seemed anti-climatic. The Beast had so much build up in inFAMOUS 1 that the way the portrayed it in inFAMOUS 2 was a big letdown.

If they reboot it, I don't want it to be a completely different story, just to make the same story better. Maybe handle it better? I really hope Sony gives the franchise to another developer, because I really don't have that much faith in SP, and they seem to have given up on the franchise themselves.

They also need to give them better feats, seriously. I was expecting Solar System level Cole vs Beast, not Beast being a bitch and Cole almost getting killed in a ******* car crash.

TeenAngel101 said:
I was expecting Solar System level Cole vs Beast
Y O U R F A N F I C T I O N S H A L L N E V E R R E A C H R E A L I T Y

What's wrong with Multi-Continental Beast and Cole anyways?

Cole's story was just fine. His sacrifice was good. Cause there ain't nobody more human than Cole MacGrath.

DMUA said:
What's wrong with Multi-Continental Beast and Cole anyways?

Cole's story was just fine. His sacrifice was good. Cause there ain't nobody more human than Cole MacGrath.
Bruh, High 6-A is fodder. Base Cole should be 5-B via clouds.

No problem with him sacrificing himself. But the way they handled it made the stakes feel WAY lower than they should've been. We also should've gotten more time for Cole to really stretch out is character before hand. Two games with three months in-between isn't really enough time to connect with a character. Everyone hates Kratos and even he got more time to connect with.

Doesn't matter, cause he comes back to life at the end anyway.

DMUA said:
I love Cole. I don't need him to be a god tier to do so.

And, also, there's no real proof he's alive. He just got hit with lighting.
Neither do I, but I want him to be.

"Scoff" you clearly don't know the first thing about superhero-dom.

Oh, he's definitely pulled a Gundam hero revival, but we haven't heard from him at all.

Well, assuming we don't get a reboot and stick to main continuity, everyone and their grandma is bitching about how they want Cole back. If you bitch about something enough, they will make it happen.

"cough"ShadOW THE hEDGEhog"cough"

I agree with DMUA

and let's be honest, Beast and Cole may not be 5B, but they have the hax to beat plenty of them.

Yobobojojo said:
No offense, but when I see these, I laugh. This is nothing.
My next post will explain why
Okay, so imagine your favorite game series is dying.

Imagine that the company that owns it gets bought up by a random chinese company.

Imagine that the game gets a release on the 3ds with great graphics and the fate of the franchise on its shoulders.

Imagine that the entire fandom is hyped.

Now imagine that when you buy it, you can feel the suckitude radiating off of it before the gameplay starts.

Because the song they used in the trailer starts playing in the actual game

Imagine that it's literally a game reversed in every way, as in it has negative quality and the plot twists are obvious as soon as the intro hits.

Imagine every character is poorly designed and has about 2 sentences of actual development.

Imagine that every single bit of gameplay that made the games good is removed and replaced with bullshit

Imagine that the plot is more asinine than a pet rock in a series that prides itself on it.

Imagine that it was so ass that they will never make another installment.

This is Fossil Fighters Frontier

It sucked

Alot

The plot is something along the lines of 12 year olds are recruited to protect dinosaur theme parks from penguin modok by using monsters trucks that shoot dinosaurs

This is just the first part

You want 4-b Cole? I'm gonna give ya 4-B Cole. At the end of the second Infamous game that last lightning bolt teleported Cole into the Star Wars universe where he became Starkiller. Starkiller fought Vader who is 80% of Palpatine's power who is 4-B. Boom.

The Wright Way said:
You want 4-b Cole? I'm gonna give ya 4-B Cole. At the end of the second Infamous game that last lightning bolt teleported Cole into the Star Wars universe where he became Starkiller. Starkiller fought Vader who is 80% of Palpatine's power who is 4-B. Boom.
No it's....forget it.

The Wright Way said:
It all makes sense now.

After all Infamous has multiple timelines.

Caillou digivolves into aang, who digivolves into Cole, who digivolves to saitama, who digivolves into star killer, then to Jiren, then to mister clean/YHVH

If you're talking about what I experienced recently, For A I would say The Legend of Korra. After watching Avatar and seeing the praise for Korra, I was expecting something would live to honor the Last Air Bender. Oh boy how disappointed I was after sitting throught 4 seasons of this crap. I wasn't taken by surprise since I've seen that there is a vocal amount of people who also disliked Korra in comparasion to TLAB, which I ended up identifying with. The first season wasn't shit but it really was mediocre at best, with a villain that starts very promissing but is ruined in the last episodes, and the main cast who sucks really bad. Season two was beyond crap, a 2/10. Season 3 was the best of the bunch but was anything special to me, and had a lot of flaws that clashed with the positives. Season 4 wasn't as bad as season 2, but at this point I had lost my interest completely and any ability I had to take this series seriously was taken when Kuvira attacked Republic City with a freaking Giant Mecha, I seriously had to pause the episode while I was bursting in laughts. And the forced lesbian romance at the end made me cringe so badly.

Back