• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Manily because I would love to see them fight 4-B Characters but there is no such proof.

Manily because I would love to see them fight 4-B Characters but there is no such proof.

yeah I mean I would too, but if their not that strong then there just not that strong, no proof no game.

What is logically unsound is to say "well if it happened a certain way then the creators would have shown us." You don't know them personally and can't read their minds. But it's also unsound in this case because this series was focused on character-arcs, not on lore or power-scaling. You are trying to think about the actual franchise and its writing from a vs-battles perspective, when the fact is that Rebecca couldn't care less about lore or scaling when writing the show, she was focused on telling a story about certain characters. "The show "Lost" had similar issuesback in the day, where everybody was upset the show didn't answer lore-questions, while missing the point that the series was character-driven and everything was from the perspective of the characters we knew.

Rebecca didn't give us ANY answer as to how Homeworld got cracked, which is a "big thing" no matter how it happened. So saying that it would have been shown to us if one of the Diamonds did it just doesn't make sense. Especially since we never got any real flashbacks to the time when Pink was still an asshole and threw tantrums. And as I pointed out, there are BIGGER mysteries in the series, like the origin of the Diamonds themselves, and Rebecca never gave us ANY statements, flashbacks, or answers about that, so why would you think that she would definitely give us the answer to a much smaller mystery?

In the end, both the "overproduction" and the "Pink did it" arguments are EQUALLY sound from an external/impartial observer's standpoint, and in 'MY opinion I' personally prefer the "Pink did it" argument because it jibes with what we know about Pink and her tantrums, with the fact that the Diamonds are probably Tier 5 (we just can't prove it by this site's standards), and with the whole gravitational-binding-energy thing with how far apart the two planet-halves are separated. Although that last one may be a moot point I will admit, because again, Rebecca really wasn't thinking about stuff like physics and power-scaling when she wrote the series, lol. But also consider: If Pink busted their home-planet, that could be why the other Diamonds started emotionally-abusing her as a way to control her.

so why call it unsound if you say they are equally sound from a vs battle observer standpoint, that's the platform this argument of tiering is based on, so calling it unsound here isn't really valid, by this sites rule, sorry to say, if there is no evidence given by the creator regardless of the reason, it cant be used, ok Rebecca sugar focused on arcs and relationships,......and? im not saying it isn't a possibility, but if pink did do that, it would have been at least brought up once, the argument that she did requires assumption, but then again so does mine.

Kyleb79 said:
Another question, what were the possible 5-B feats you guys were talking about.
There are no ACTUAL feats in the series above High 6-A, unfortunately. The reasoning for Tier 5 goes as follows, it just isn't admissable by the strict standards of this site because it is vague upscaling without numbers attached (but is a kind of reasoning one could totally use to argue for the verse being moon-busting and planet-busting over on say, ComicVine or r/WhoWouldWin):

Lapis with her gem cracked (which severely weakens a Gem and slowly kills them over time; when Amethyst was cracked she was dying and downgraded from 7-A to useless) pulled off her "ocean tower" feat VERY CASUALLY and maintained the tower against the force of gravity for several hours, and it was at the lower-end of High 6-A. Unfortunately, the range of High 6-A is over 1000 times; since we don't have actual numbers for "how weakened" or "how casual" Lapis was, we can't use this as an argument for her being 5-C, although she obviously is; Basically, she was definitely using way less than one-thousandth of what is her full power while in healthy condition, but we have no numerical way to prove that, so the verse is cursed to forever stay in Tier 6 hell, lmao. Lapis is very likely 5-C to Low 5-B or so, with Blue and Yellow probably Low 5-B, and White and Pink (and Monster Steven) are probably planet-busters, but again, there is unfortunately no way to actually prove that by the standards of this wiki.

Nickobloke said:
so why call it unsound if you say they are equally sound from a vs battle observer standpoint, that's the platform this argument of tiering is based on, so calling it unsound here isn't really valid, by this sites rule, sorry to say, if there is no evidence given by the creator regardless of the reason, it cant be used, ok Rebecca sugar focused on arcs and relationships,......and? im not saying it isn't a possibility, but if pink did do that, it would have been at least brought up once.
SORRY FOR NOT BEING MORE CLEAR! I'm not saying the "Gem Overproduction" argument is unsound, that is the one that is EQUALLY as sound as the "Pink did it" argument, although PERSONALLY I prefer the "Pink did it" argument, in my opinion, for the reasons I stated. The argument I was calling "unsound" was the "If Pink had been the one to do it then Rebecca Sugar would have shown us" argument, because that is a statement with no real foundation for it. Sorry I wasn't more clear in my wording.

Nickobloke said:
so why call it unsound if you say they are equally sound from a vs battle observer standpoint, that's the platform this argument of tiering is based on, so calling it unsound here isn't really valid, by this sites rule, sorry to say, if there is no evidence given by the creator regardless of the reason, it cant be used, ok Rebecca sugar focused on arcs and relationships,......and? im not saying it isn't a possibility, but if pink did do that, it would have been at least brought up once.
ok then, allow me to reword it myself as we basically agree, we cant use that because it was never given to us as viewers, as both our arguments are equally valid, there isn't really any point to it.

The mere concept of the Tier System is a joke to Greg and he is so far above his mere presence shatters all existence.

Kyleb79 said:
The mere concept of the Tier System is a joke to Greg and he is so far above his mere presence shatters all existence.
Greg's "charm" and his penis are Tier Negative-Infinity. The likes of Azathoth and The Writer are infinitely many orders of infinity below the level of Greg's almighty Diamond-Shattering Rod of Destruction. Even memetic Shaggy Rogers at his True Full Power is nothing but a joke as soon as Greg pulls his pants down.

I like how were still commenting on an already stomp thread and we went way off-topic.

Kyleb79 said:
I like how were still commenting on an already stomp thread and we went way off-topic.
LMAO yeah when the Mods/Admins see this they're going to be like "What the fuuuuuuuuuuuu" *****Close Thread****** Lulz.

I know I have mentioned this multiple times but let's move to this thread as it can't be a stomp match(It is a Strongest Character Thread).

Back