• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Since now that Steven is now one of the strongest in the verse if not the strongest I decided to make this. Also want to note that Monster Steven doesn't start screaming as his first attack and does it when he is angry and physically he can overpower the cluster and Lapis Lazuli's chains from her wormhole and took the entire ocean(May be BS also not making a CRT). Anyways lets get on with it.

Monster Steve:

White Diamond with her Mech:

Both are willing to kill will only bloodlust if necessary.

The Diamonds themselves are more powerful and durable than their mechs/ships as we saw with Yellow in "Reunited," as her durability was above that of her arm-warship (stuff that severely damaged the ship and incapacitated it had literally no effect at all on her). So White having the mech won't matter: Steven stomps. This is a stomp. We know for a fact that Monster Form can stomp all three other Diamonds and can resist all their hax; with just a single scream-shockwave it staggered and briefly incapacitated all three of them from a range of hundreds of meters. Monster Form Steven showed the ability to stomp Alexandrite, Lapis, the Partially-Formed Cluster, and all three other Diamonds, and the Diamonds are canonically more powerful and durable than their actual ships themselves (basically the only reason they have the ships is for interstellar travel, and the only reason the ships have weapons-systems is because back before they did a heel-face-turn and became good people, the Diamonds saw using their actual powers to attack planets or their enemies as "beneath them").

So yeah honestly this is a stomp-thread, sorry.

A far more interesting match would be Pink State Steven (Monster Form RESTRICTED) vs Blue Diamond or Yellow Diamond.

Goodyfresh said:
Sorry for the late reply, thank you for concluding this is a stomp I mainly made this because I couldn't find any scaling for White Diamond to compare with the Ships/Mech.

I have a question, is Monster state physically not as powerful as his screams. Manily because it says on his profile he stomped The Partially formed Cluster when they were fighting for 2 minutes 20 seconds. If he screamed would he have knocked down the Partially formed Cluster and defeated it just like the others. Since the Diamonds are superior to The Partially Formed Cluster does that mean that him physically and his screams are an AP Gap.

Kyleb79 said:
Sorry for the late reply, thank you for concluding this is a stomp I mainly made this because I couldn't find any scaling for White Diamond to compare with the Ships/Mech.

I have a question, is Monster state physically not as powerful as his screams. Manily because it says on his profile he stomped The Partially formed Cluster when they were fighting for 2 minutes 20 seconds. If he screamed would he have knocked down the Partially formed Cluster and defeated it just like the others. Since the Diamonds are superior to The Partially Formed Cluster does that mean that him physically and his screams are an AP Gap.
Yeah the Diamonds are so overwhelmingly powerful that their ships are just for transportation and their weapons-systems are just for show, lmaooooo.

It is REALLY hard to tell whether MS physically compares to his screams. Thing is though at least durability-wise he does as his durability should match his attack-potency, so there's no reason to think that he shouldn't. We just didn't really get physical AP feats from him other than stomping the Partially Formed Cluster. Keep in mind we only got to see Monster Steven for like, a few minutes. All we know for sure is that nothing anybody else did, from Alexandrite, to Lapis, to the other Diamonds, or the Cluster, had any effect on him whatsoever. He is clearly PHYSICALLY STRONGER than Blue, Yellow, and White all combined, from what we saw, so we can still put the "far higher" for him in his tiering even not including his screams.

Thanks for clearing it up, one more question doesn't he only scream when he is extremely pissed(When he was trying to get out of Lapis' Ocean Chains) mainly because for most of the time he was on screen he was trying to charge and kill them also he's pretty much a glass canon.

Greg stomps.

Kyleb79 said:
Thanks for clearing it up, one more question doesn't he only scream when he is extremely pissed(When he was trying to get out of Lapis' Ocean Chains) mainly because for most of the time he was on screen he was trying to charge and kill them also he's pretty much a glass canon.

Greg stomps.
Yeah I mean we've only seen Steven scream **inadvertently** except in Monster Form. Although not only in anger; while all the other times were due to anger, remember that when he was "Helpful" Pink State Steven in "Everything's Fine," he was happy to do something right without messing it up and screamed "YEAHHH!" which proceeded to destroy his surroundings, lol. As Monster Form though, he showed the ability to use the screams deliberately and even target them in a particular direction rather than just having them be omnidirectional. Thing is though, the only reason they've always been inadvertent otherwise in Pink State is because **he has only screamed when highly emotional** in that state. Fact is, he can still use the screams at-will in Pink State if he wants, all he would have to do is raise his voice enough and BAM, giant pink shockwave. Haha.

Bruh the power of Greg's harder-than-diamond Murderc*ck is, as we all know, the greatest power in the universe. Blue and Yellow are so incredibly lucky that the Crystal Gems sent him back inside the house.

The mere presence of Greg causes Fat Steven(Eater of Fiction) to tremble in fear. Also doesn't he start off physically attacking them(Like the episode) or resort to just Explosions.

Kyleb79 said:
The mere presence of Greg causes Fat Steven(Eater of Fiction) to tremble in fear. Also doesn't he start off physically attacking them(Like the episode) or resort to just Explosions.
Well no I mean to be fair, Greg would only actually stomp YELLOW in that other match, now that I think of it. For one thing he obviously won't use the power of his almight c*ck on his own son, because EW, lol. For another thing, let's not forget that as Greg's son, **Steven has most likely inhereted the Murderc*ck as well**, in fact he almost certainly has given that by fusing with Greg in the movie, they became Steg, a being of pure raw-non-toxically-masculine sexual energy so powerful that it could make gems reach ****** so hard they regained their memories from a long range just with the power of song. Clearly Steven possesses the Murderc*ck as well, and so Steg had a DOUBLE-Murderc*ck. The only reason Steven doesn't just automatically stomp over in that other match is obviously because Yellow is his sister-aunt-whatever so he wouldn't use his actual-most-powerful ability on her. LOL!

Yeah Monster Steven started off with just physical attacks but once stuff happened like Lapis restraining him, he started using his Screams. When he ROFL-stomp-one-shotted Alexandrite, he did it with pure physical force.

Question how did Monster Steven easily temporarily knock out the Diamonds but took 2 minutes 20 seconds to take out the Partially Formed Cluster(PFC = Warship in AP). T╠Âh╠Âo╠Âs╠Âe╠ ╠ÂW╠Âa╠Âl╠Âl╠Âs╠ ╠Âa╠Âr╠Âe╠ ╠Âb╠Ây╠ ╠Âf╠Âa╠Âr╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âs╠Ât╠Âr╠Âo╠Ân╠Âg╠Âe╠Âs╠Ât╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠Âs╠Â.╠Â

Kyleb79 said:
Question how did Monster Steven easily temporarily knock out the Diamonds but took 2 minutes 20 seconds to take out the Partially Formed Cluster.
Three possible answers (this is long but I go into detail for the "PIS" answer because there is a lot to cover on the topic when it comes to this franchise and to the scene you're referring to in-particular).

1. (The most likely answer) It was just PIS because the plot required the Cluster to restrain him for long enough that everyone else could come up with and enact their plan. Keep in mind the series did always have a lot of PIS low-end outliers, such as Amethyst getting cracked and nearly dying from falling onto a rock with what couldn't have been above wall-level force, or Sugilite getting K.O.'d from her building-sized weapon merely falling on her head via the force of gravity alone. Or that time when Aquamarine used her Wand to throw Steven (who had 7-A dura) into a tree so hard it knocked him unconscious, and yet the tree was fine (pretty sure that tree isn't Tier 7-A, lol). Like in most works of fiction except some works of sci-fi in which the authors themselves are very knowledgeable about physics, Rebecca Sugar doesn't really know or care about math/physics, and doesn't care as much (or even know how) about portraying power-scaling consistently as much as she cares about telling a good story, and doing whatever is required for the plot she's writing. That's literally why we call it "plot-induced stupidity," lol. Keep in mind that even when Monster Schtuball temporarily knocked-out the Diamonds there was PIS involved, namely in how EVERYONE ELSE THERE SURVIVED! The Diamonds were at the edge of the beach, over a hundred meters from Steven, and everyone else was still on the beach only a LITTLE further away from the Diamonds. Being strong enough to K.O. the Diamonds, that scream should have shattered every other Gem there and completely atomized Greg; everyone survived due to PIS plot-requirements, but Rebecca also wanted to definitively show that Monster Form is stronger than the White Diamond by having it knock her out.

2. (A bit less likely but seems plausible) Steven's "heart just wasn't in it" at the point the Cluster was restraining him (maybe this could be why Lapis could restrain him for so long, although in that case too PIS was the more likely answer), as he seemed to be psychologically wavering. It seems the "real Steven" was still in there somewhere to some extent, which could be why Monster Steven's size and seemingly his power varied so much throughout the scene.

3. (this one is very unlikely but possible) The Partially-Formed Cluster is stronger than we realize.

Ronaldo needs an upgrade he was clearly holding back against the Crystal Gems. Also in your opinion what do you think would happen if The Diamonds fired that same laser they used for earth do you think it would do any damage to Steven with their combined attack. Also would the Diamonds be able to even leave a scratch.

Kyleb79 said:
Ronaldo needs an upgrade he was clearly holding back against the Crystal Gems.
If Ronaldo ever discovers the truth that Onion is a Snerson, then he will reveal his true abilities and powers as the Guardian of Humanity.

Okay no but being realistic Onion is probably something beyond just a Snerson, I think he is actually some kind of Trickster God or Eldritch Abominatio posing as Vidalia and Yellowtail's child, either that or one of his parents is themselves such an entity. I mean. . . .remember that time when Steven and Spinel were looking for Amethyst in the movie, portaling all over Beach City and the surrounding area with Lion in quick succession. . . .and ONION WAS THERE IN THE BACKGROUND OF EVERY PLACE HE PORTALED TO? Okay so seirously how the HELL did Onion do that? He can't be a mere human, he just can't, he clearly can teleport or be in multiple places at once or something. Also, he's a child who appears to be at an age where he should be growing a lot, but hasn't grown AT ALL (Peedee, meanwhile, grew a LOT during the timeskip between the original series and the Movie/Future). Combined with his whole malicious-prankster thing, I really think he may be some kind of Trickster God/Abomination, lol.

When asked in an interview why Onion doesn't grow, age, or really change at all, and why he is so creepy and seems to have weird powers, Rebecca Sugar said something along the lines of "well we had to still keep some things a myster, ya know?" So. . . .yeah. Onion kinda scares me. LOL.

How strong is Steven when he falls down, also if you want you can answer the comment I edited.

Kyleb79 said:
How strong is Steven when he falls down, also if you want you can answer the comment I edited.
When he falls down? When are you referring to??? Steven has fallen like, a lot of times in the series, he actually has a tendency to repeatedly fall out of the sky and flat onto his face, it's happened many times. Lol.

The Diamond Corruption-Beam Attack seemed to come from around the same distance from Earth as the Moon, or slightly beyond it, due to various views of the scene. Over in the CRT we debated it a lot and I did a calc for it, and someone else did a calc with the distance a little bit further, and either way it yielded either a 6-A or low-end High 6-A result, actually below Lapis' ocean-tower feat. The Diamonds weren't focused on raw power with that attack, just with the hax (intending to shatter, accidentally corrupted) carried along with it. Since we know his shields and bubbles can block hax just like his mom's could, Steven would be totally fine against that attack if he used a shield or bubble.

Who knows what would happen though if he wasn't using a shield/bubble (even if he was in Pink State) and got hit by that attack? The attack's hax might actually corrupt him, and we would end up seeing a truly corrupted-Steven rather than the not-actually-corrupted but shapeshifted-into-a-monster-based-on-self-perception Steven who we saw in the finale.

God Fat Steven? What? I have no idea what that means lol.

Go check out my newest post over in my Steven vs Yellow Thread. It turns out that Steven has TRUE FLIGHT in Pink State, as he was able to fly freely through the air (not just levitate, and without needing to jump off of shields) in his second fight with Jasper.

I MYSELF AM STILL UNDECIDED both via requirement as being the OP as well as for-real, but I just wanted to note this in case you think that True Flight would give Steven the edge he needs, considering that it would make it harder for Yellow to physically touch him so she can use her transmutation/size-manipulation.

I thought I kinda already voted, also I mean Steven weight when he falls down pretty sure Season 1 Steven is the strongest due to his weight.

Kyleb79 said:
I thought I kinda already voted, also I mean Steven weight when he falls down pretty sure Season 1 Steven is the strongest due to his weight.
Wait. . . .what? Lol no. Season 1 Steven is so SHORT that despite being fatter than Future/Movie Steven, Future/Movie Steven clearly still weighs more. Or are you referring to Fat Teen Steven when his age kept fluctuating in the episode So Many Birthdays???

Yeah if you're still voting inconclusive that's fine! I just wanted to alert you of the oversight about how Steven has True Flight in that state, which would obviously make it quite a bit harder for Yellow to physically touch him in order to use Transmutation/Size-manip. So I was alerting you to that JUST IN CASE that tips things in Steven's favor from an inconclusive result, in your opinion. As I said, I have no bias here, I myself am unsure, I just wanted to make sure you were aware of all the facts, including one we had overlooked!

I will vote for Steven on that thread, Season 1 Steven weighed an uncountable amount that it caused multiple Omniverses to fully implode but sitting down so what would happen if he fell down.

Kyleb79 said:
I will vote for Steven on that thread, Season 1 Steven weighed an uncountable amount that it caused multiple Omniverses to fully implode but sitting down so what would happen if he fell down.
I'm guessing you are referring to some meme-joke I am not aware of, lmaooooo okay then.

If you only changed your vote because of a skill-difference then I'm not so sure? I was more noting FLIGHT as the advantage Steven has which we had all forgotten about. Yellow is EXTREMELY skilled, what with how she is the size of a building but can piece back together the shards of gems that can fit in the palm of a human hand, lol. Although the lack of actual EXPERIENCE in MELEE combat may still be an issue for her. . . .hmmmmmm.

Kyleb79 said:
Goodyfresh said:
Would you say White Diamond is stronger than Pink State Steven.
Yes with the exception of the durability of his Shields/Bubbles. I say this because we know his shields/bubbles have super-haxxorz durability, since they were already At Least High 6-A back when he was just normal 7-A+ Steven. In other words, he is a character whose own physical durability always scales to his AP but whose FORCEFIELD durability has always, consistently, been above his actual physical durability.

Even so, other than hiim having very durable shields, White would out-class him in literally every way unless he uses Monster Form. The reason I matched him against Yellow is because in Pink State WITHOUT Monster Form, he seems to be about on-par with Blue and Yellow.

Question how strong was Pink Diamond compared to the others and how would Pink Steven compare. Edit: Never mind ignore this.

Kyleb79 said:
Question how strong was Pink Diamond compared to the others and how would Pink Steven compare.
She was possibly at least as strong as Pink Steven (from Change Your Mind, so not the same as Pink State Steven) who was able to knock White unconscious (and thus was above White) by bursting one of his shields, as Pink Steven's power was that of Pink Diamond's pure Gemstone. Either that, or like what we have seen with Steven, Pink was basically the Gem-equivalent of Hulk, able to grow stronger depending on her emotional state, and at her high-end by inadvertently or by "allowing" her emotions to reach their peak, would have been able to stomp White without turning into a Monster like Steven did (Steven will probably one day be able to stomp the likes of White at-will himself, once he learns full control). Either way, she would have actually been the strongest Diamond, as Monster Steven (who wasn't actually corrupted) was in the end still just a version of Pink Diamond's power/tiering.

I suspect this is why the other Diamonds used emotional abuse and manipulation in order to be able to physically control her!!!!
Keep in mind that while we don't know how the Diamonds were formed/born, we know that Pink is the YOUNGEST of them. I suspect that the other Diamonds, upon Pink coming into being, mistakenly thought she must be the weakest due to being smallest. However, upon her having "tantrums," they came to realize she was actually stronger than White. At that point, out of FEAR (and because they hadn't developed empathy to the point of being able to have a reasonable and mature conversation with someone), the others started emotionally abusing her and breaking her will by telling her how "stupid, immature, and un-Diamond-like" she was all the time until it resulted in her having low self-worth. I mean, let's consider how we know that Blue would throw her in that prison-room in the Palace on Homeworld when she "acted un-Diamond-like." It's not like that room was so durable that Pink couldn't have easily broken out. But Pink ALLOWED herself to be locked up in there because she had been emotionally abused and broken-down.

Now let's consider that the top-tiers of the verse are probably Tier 5. We have known for a long time that Lapis is probably At Least 5-C due to having a VERY CASUAL High 6-A feat while severely weakened from her gem being cracked. The issue is the feat was at the lower end of High 6-A which is a tier with a wide range (over 1000x); without specific numbers for how casual and weakened Lapis was, under this site's standards we can't use vague-upscaling to make her 5-C. But, she probably is 5-C, unfortunately the series just never showed us proof. But I am saying this because: I highly suspect, although we don't enough have evidence to prove it, that Lapis is 5-C, Blue and Yellow Diamond are Low 5-B, and that White and Pink are full-blown 5-B planet-busters with Pink being above White!

What am I getting at with all this? Well, it's my own personal theory ever since learning about Pink's "tantrums" that **she is the one who cracked Homeworld in half during her worst tantrum.** It would make sense, wouldn't it? That could have been the incident which scared the other Diamonds enough that they began emotionally abusing her.

I know that was all VERY LONG but I hope it helped you think a bit more deeply about the power-scaling in the series and how strong Pink probably was! I also have a very detailed theory (with a lot of evidence) about the origin of the Diamonds and how they were "born," and could link you to my Reddit-post with the theory if you're interested.

no I think homeworld is like that because of gem production, once again, never shown or stated directly, there are a number of things it could have been, maybe white, maybe pink, but the most reasonable cause is gem production.

I mean, if we could find at least one piece of evidence that could be the entry way for tier 5 diamonds, but yet again, there isn't any, at least from what I know.

Nickobloke said:
no I think homeworld is like that because of gem production, once again, never shown or stated directly, there are a number of things it could have been, maybe white, maybe pink, but the most reasonable cause is gem production.
I mean, if we could find at least one piece of evidence that could be the entry way for tier 5 diamonds, but yet again, there isn't any, at least from what I know.
Thing is, we have literally no evidence from anywhere that Gem Production can crack planets entirely in half in a way that overcomes their Gravitational Binding Energy on a 5-B or-above scale. See my evidence from Jungle Moo and from It Could've Been Great, below.

The issue is: Gem Production uses the CRUST and MANTLE of a planet near its SURFACE, that is established in-canon. There is no known reason why Gem Production, even if overdone, would crack a planet entirely in half through its core and push the two halves hundreds or thousands of km apart. Cracking a planet in half is a 5-B feat or above just by necessity of having to overcome its GBE.

I'm not saying this is definitely the answer. What I'm saying is that based on MY reasoning (and of course Nickobloke as always you are allowed to have a differing opinion since this is just theorizing from scant evidence 😊😊😊). I'm just saying that THIS or THIS is what a planet looks like from over-production of Gems. The damage is all near the surface and extends no further than into the mantle and the upper layers of the outer core, at most. The cores of the planets are still intact.

We know that Lapis was almost DEFINITELY At Least 5-C in Season 1 (we just can't prove it), so it SHOULD be true that Blue and Yellow are Low 5-B (again just can't prove it lol), so honestly, White and especially Pink (at full potential) SHOULD be planet-busters. And we know Pink was prone to tantrums where she cracked things apart or in half. Now look at Gem Homeworld. The damage through the crust and mantle does appear to be from gem-production, but that HUGE crack down the middle looks VERY reminescent of the effects of Pink's and Steven's screams. Not only that but the two halves of the planet are very far apart/separated, which would make no sense if it was from gem-overproduction as that would have been a gradual effect and shouldn't have overcome the planet's GBE to SUCH a large degree. To both crack a planet in half and also push the halves apart by hundreds of thousands of km seems more likely to have been from a sudden massive shock than from a gradual effect over time, because even with the two halves separated their gravity would tend to pull them back together if the separation was gradual; the effect we are seeing seems more likely to be from a sudden shock that cracked the planet open while pushing apart the two halves.

Again though, in the end if your opinion based on the evidence difffers from mine, that's okay too, you know I like you and think you're a cool dude Nickobloke 😊😊😊 This is something we aren't likely to get a canon answer to, so we could debate it endlessly without ever reaching an agreement, lol.

Nickobloke said:
The jungle moon image and home world don't look too dissimilar.
The damage OUTSIDE THEIR CORES looks similar. The issue here lies with the Gravitational Binding Energy of planets. Homeworld is cracked completely, all the way through, including through its core, with the two halves separated and shifted apart by a distance of hundreds or thousands of kilometers. Typically, even if a planet WAS cracked in half, its Gravitational Binding Energy would still hold the two halves together to some extent due to each half having a gravitational field. The fact that Homeworld looks like it does is evidence, from a physics standpoint, that some immense and sudden shock caused the crack while pushing the two halves apart, rather than any kind of gradual effect (over-production/mining) over time, as the gradual effect of the over-production of Gems wouldn't have enough energy released all at one time for it to overcome the GBE of the planet, crack it all the way through the middle including the core, and push the two halves apart like that.

if that really did happen I think the creators would have shown or stated it in some way as that's a pretty big thing.

Which is why Steven Universe Future was paced very fast and we didn't get to hear more lore and the since the spotlight was mostly on Steven we didn't get to see the others perspective(Still loved Future and the show entirely).

same, I would have liked to see more diamond and gem lore, but I still loved it, but ill be honest, do we really need, like 10 towny episodes?

Though honesty they never originally planned Future so the writers weren't trying as much as they did with Future and The Movie, I wondering if Rebecca will fill in those are one of her social medias or something else(Animation I believe is over).

yeah its sad, maybe someone can ask her some questions to help clarify, that's WOG so if we could get some tier 5 evidence there, then where fully set.

Nickobloke said:
if that really did happen I think the creators would have shown or stated it in some way as that's a pretty big thing.
People said the same thing about Steven and Connie's first on-the-lips kiss but look what happened (it happened in a timeskip), and the latter is a character/relationship moment.

Remember guys, this franchise was never actually about the lore, power-scaling, or anything else like that. It was a character-driven series about character-arcs and relationships, and any lore or power-scaling we got was simply what we needed to see from the perspective of the characters the series followed. Saying that if one of the Diamonds cracked Homeworld, Rebecca Sugar would have shown it, is a logically unsound, fallacious argument. You know I like you Nickobloke, but you also know I'm very much a stickler for logic and I call out fallacies when I see them. Homeworld being cracked is a "pretty big thing," but Rebecca never gave us ANYTHING showing how it happened. You know what's an even BIGGER thing? The origin of the Diamonds. But Rebecca didn't show us that, either. Because again, she was focusing on character-arcs, not on lore.

It's true that my evidence is pretty vague. But we know what Pink was like during her "tantrums," and we also know that the whole verse is probably Tier 5 and the Diamonds are likely to be planet-busters, so the theory that Pink cracked the planet is at least EQUALLY as plausible (I mean, if a planet-buster throws a tantrum, they are probably likely to bust a planet, lol) as the theory that it was gem-overproduction. PERSONALLY, I think the evidence we have, based on my arguments above, points more towards it being one of Pink's tantrums than over-production (due to the whole thing about gravitational binding energy and how separated the two halves of the planet are), but that is obviously just a matter of opinion.

Don't worry Nickobloke, we are still always and forever totally cool, and I REALLY HOPE I DIDN'T COME ACROSS AS HARSH! It's just that you were making a logical fallacy by arguing from what you think "the creators would have shown," which is a fallacy both due to you not knowing Rebecca and Ian personally, as well as due to the fact that their story was focused on characters, not on lore.

how is it logically unsound, it was never shown or stated, there's no hard evidence, yes we can theorise and assume, but if there is no evidence then there is no evidence, how is that a fallacy?

I would love to see 4-B characters but we have no proof of that.

no way the characters are 4-B, not even close, high 5-A was a stretch enough as it was.

Nickobloke said:
how is it logically unsound, it was never shown or stated, there's no hard evidence, yes we can theorise and assume, but if there is no evidence there is no evidence, how is that a fallacy?
What is logically unsound is to say "well if it happened a certain way then the creators would have shown us." You don't know them personally and can't read their minds. But it's also unsound in this case because this series was focused on character-arcs, not on lore or power-scaling. You are trying to think about the actual franchise and its writing from a vs-battles perspective, when the fact is that Rebecca couldn't care less about lore or scaling when writing the show, she was focused on telling a story about certain characters. "The show "Lost" had similar issuesback in the day, where everybody was upset the show didn't answer lore-questions, while missing the point that the series was character-driven and everything was from the perspective of the characters we knew.

Rebecca didn't give us ANY answer as to how Homeworld got cracked, which is a "big thing" no matter how it happened. So saying that it would have been shown to us if one of the Diamonds did it just doesn't make sense. Especially since we never got any real flashbacks to the time when Pink was still an asshole and threw tantrums. And as I pointed out, there are BIGGER mysteries in the series, like the origin of the Diamonds themselves, and Rebecca never gave us ANY statements, flashbacks, or answers about that, so why would you think that she would definitely give us the answer to a much smaller mystery?

In the end, both the "overproduction" and the "Pink did it" arguments are EQUALLY sound from an external/impartial observer's standpoint, and in 'MY opinion I' personally prefer the "Pink did it" argument because it jibes with what we know about Pink and her tantrums, with the fact that the Diamonds are probably Tier 5 (we just can't prove it by this site's standards), and with the whole gravitational-binding-energy thing with how far apart the two planet-halves are separated. Although that last one may be a moot point I will admit, because again, Rebecca really wasn't thinking about stuff like physics and power-scaling when she wrote the series, lol. But also consider: If Pink busted their home-planet, that could be why the other Diamonds started emotionally-abusing her as a way to control her.

Back