• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mister Mxyzptlk Rework... or how I learned to spell his name

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want, go ahead, by all means. but no way I am watching those shitty shows just for him
DCAU/Superman The Animated Series a shitty show!?
Someone should research the other versions of Mxy, make profiles for them, then we can add "Has the powers of DCAU Mxy, Arrowverse Mxy..." etc.
He has like only 2 episodes there, it's not worth making an entire profile just for him. It doesn't give much new stuff: more bfr, teleport, immersion, tramutation, shapeshifting & illusions which he already has, just gives him more showings. The new stuff for him here are immortality types 2 & 3. He rips his head, throws it on the floor, growing a new body. Regenerated his head after getting it blasted by his invention. Breaks his body apart in the 3rd dimension & reconstructs it in th 5th. When his girlfriend shows evidence for Mxy's psychology, she summons a copy of issue 80 action comics, meaning more proof that original & mordern mxy are the same being

Well, the DCAU Batman and Justice League shows were arguably better than the Superman one at least, but regardless we cannot demand that Confluctor should take the time to watch entire TV show runs for us.

Okay. Maybe we should consider Emperor Joker to just be Low 1-C/5-D then?
defintely above 5-D, cause the bleed is a 5-d structure the fourth world is above it.

DCAU/Superman The Animated Series a shitty show!?
aye

e cannot demand that Confluctor should take the time to watch entire TV show runs for us.
yeah plus i really hate watching stuff lol. takes me weeks to watch a single film

Well, the DCAU Batman and Justice League shows were arguably better than the Superman one at least, but regardless we cannot demand that Confluctor should take the time to watch entire TV show runs for us.
It's far from a shitty show at the very least. Wait who ever demanded for him to watch those to begin with?

defintely above 5-D, cause the bleed is a 5-d structure the fourth world is above it.
Okay, but I don't think that the Bleed had been introduced to the DC multiverse at the time of the Emperor Joker storyline.

Or was Wildstorm already a part of it back then?

Okay, but I don't think that the Bleed had been introduced to the DC multiverse at the time of the Emperor Joker storyline.

Or was Wildstorm already a part of it back then?
I think Wildstorm began exploring in 1999 or 1998, a year or so before EJ

Yes, but was Wildstorm bought and integrated into DC Comics proper at that point?

Speaking of which, as far as I understand, on top of helping to wreck the entire DC Comics continuity via Flashpoint, Jim Lee was the one who forced Alan Moore from comics by betraying his trust after promising that he would be able to publish his (largely excellent) ABC stories separate from the DC Comics company which he loathes. Just a note that I came to think of. Please carry on with the regular discussion.

Shouldn't Mxy be deathless? He & Lois say he's immortal in the sense that he can't die
WmmFZnQ.jpg
image.jpg

I thought you learn to spell Mister Mxyzplk's name!
If only Mxy ever spelled his name in some kind of other media or sth. Oh wait, can't bring up here...

Shouldn't Mxy be deathless? He & Lois say he's immortal in the sense that he can't die
WmmFZnQ.jpg
image.jpg

If only Mxy ever spelled his name in some kind of other media or sth. Oh wait, can't bring up here...
That's Immortality type 1

Yes, but was Wildstorm bought and integrated into DC Comics proper at that point?
Nah but it was using the same cosmology at the end of the day, and it developed bleed quite a lot.

Plus bleed has been around since the 60s.

Mxyzptlk is not completely indestructible. He just doesn't age, and cannot truly be affected by lower-dimensional damage.

That's Immortality type 1
That type doesn't protect him from death; just aging & disease. Type 5 protects you from that too. Lois says he can't expirience death & he himself said he can't die. Also why would he boast his about Immortality to someone that's about to consume him if he just had the Eternal Life type? That kind would be worthless in thiat scanario.
Mxyzptlk is not completely indestructible. He just doesn't age, and cannot truly be affected by lower-dimensional damage.
Never said that. Also Indestructable=/=Deathless. Plus there're ways to get around & negate immortality.

That type doesn't protect him from death; just aging & disease. Type 5 protects you from that too. Lois says he can't expirience death & he himself said he can't die. Also why would he boast his about Immortality to someone that's about to consume him if he just had the Eternal Life type? That kind would be worthless in thiat scanario
I am well aware what Lois says. However, Imps are not deathless - as in Immortality type 5. They just have eternal lives. On top of that, they have probability manip.

And I am pretty sure there was an imp who got killed somewhere. And iirc, while hella weakened, it was implied Superboy Prime can kill him.

I am well aware what Lois says. However, Imps are not deathless - as in Immortality type 5. They just have eternal lives. On top of that, they have probability manip.

And I am pretty sure there was an imp who got killed somewhere. And iirc, while hella weakened, it was implied Superboy Prime can kill him.
So both Lois(a pretty smart character) & Mxy(an imp himself) are unrealible to you? How does Probability Manipulation translate to Mxy saying the Ultimator"Yo, you're stronger than me but i'm immortal, so i can't die"? Very straight forward from his side.

Immortality can get negated. The Ultimator was implying this too when confronting Mxy. He also got depowered before Superboy-Prime was torturing him, that's why he was in trouble.

Last edited:
Again, that's not enough proof for Immortality type 5. Deathless in this context is just eternal life.

If you can find stronger scans for it, sure, be my guest. But this doesn't work.

Behold, a literal ******* wall of text (for comics lel)

Here is my rework of the page, look at it, dissect it, have fun with it.

As for AP... I don't like it for the modern incarnation. He should be straight up High 1-C instead of low 1-c and whatnot. it's kinda unnecessary. But I am willing to keep it this way, so whatever.

Also I think we should avoid scaling anyone from Mxy. Plus I think we should relook into Dr Manhattan shit.
I disagree with the High 1-C rating, and I also disagree with his current Low 1-C rating. I agree that Mr Mxyzptlk has Low 1-C showings in the past but currently he hasn't shown much feats at that level, and scales below someone who's power was shown to be at a much lower caliber

I disagree with the High 1-C rating, and I also disagree with his current Low 1-C rating. I agree that Mr Mxyzptlk has Low 1-C showings in the past but currently he hasn't shown much feats at that level, and scales below someone who's power was shown to be at a much lower caliber
But I realize that the Multiverse is considered 11D on this wiki, (despite me disagreeing) so this is a cool upgrade

"No more Infinite Earths. No more Alternative Universes. No more pasts. No more futures. No more Superdopes. No more anything except you and me."

I'm basing it off his statement. They already went to Heaven, Apokolips, and Gemworld. By this precedence, they could have gone to the dimension of hell, but now they can't because Mxy got rid of it. Mxy wouldn't say "No more anything" if some of the places they went to in the same comic still existed at the time.

Yeah and I don't see how that's contradicting the 2-A stuff? From what I can remember, hell wasn't established as a higher infinity, was it? On top of that, we saw that he didn't actually destroy the fourth world or other superior dimensions. Just every universe and fractured dimensions and higher dimensions like his own, which aren't superior dimensions.

So just to clarify, you are saying that the Pre-Crisis version of the multiverse had no established Low 1-C dimensions at the time, but the Post-Crisis version of the Multiverse when World's Funnest was published does have Low 1-C Dimensions?

With that in mind, Mxy only destroyed the Pre-Crisis version of the multiverse, leaving it at only a 2-A feat.

So just to clarify, you are saying that the Pre-Crisis version of the multiverse had no established Low 1-C dimensions at the time, but the Post-Crisis version of the Multiverse when World's Funnest was published does have Low 1-C Dimensions?
essentially, yes. I am not sure if fourth world was low 1-c structure back in pre-crisis, but even then, he did not destroy it. He just beat darkseid.

Iirc I think the first time I saw a low 1-c statement for the fourth world was in Crisis on Infinite Earths 10 or 9.

essentially, yes. I am not sure if fourth world was low 1-c structure back in pre-crisis, but even then, he did not destroy it. He just beat darkseid.

Iirc I think the first time I saw a low 1-c statement for the fourth world was in Crisis on Infinite Earths 10 or 9.
So the Post-Crisis Multiverse and its Heaven and Apokolips are untouched by Mxy in the comic?

Anyway, what are we going to do here then?

I was thinking.... Since the high 1-C feat happens in lower worlds, keeping the low 1-c bit is rather irrelevant. The justifications can stay, but the ratings should be merged. It will look like this;
  • At least 4-B physically (overwhelming stronger than Superman), High 1-C with powers (insert justifications about cosmological placement and whatnot. Plus unimaginging dc)
  • We can add a note that Emperor Joker's should only be scaled to his own feats, which are only on at least 6-D scale.
The same should be for durability. So that only leaves speed... Speed should be straight up immeasurable since there are not anti feats from what I read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back