• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mister Mxyzptlk Rework... or how I learned to spell his name

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is also a recent comic Superman Red and Blue issue 3 or so where a 5D imp erased the color red or blue, to the point where nobody could remember it (Superman did barely, because he's Superman), and he told Lois about it, and when they were gonna restore it, she talked about how they were gonna bring back its idea, implying those imps erased the concept of those colours. Might be worth adding it to conceptual manipulation justification, I can send scans if you want

Yeah, no reason to assume its non canon other than "different artstyle" and that we don't know when it takes place

The reason I asked that is because it seems too similar to Man of Tomorrow maxi from two years back by Venditti.

Ahhhh, righ6. That wasn't Mxy but another imp. Imps can literally latch onto time and space itself and hold it.

So, ig LS should be moved to immeasurable too. And they need to get large size type 8 or 10, not sure which one specifically tho
Well, the flashback to Mxyzptlk in that story did show him creating the regular part of the DC multiverse, but one of his sons (I think that his name was Vyndktvx) later tried to destroy Superman and his legacy.

it unfortunately also doesn't prove its canon...

Anyway, as long as the personality is in-line with his canon counterpart, it should be fine, even if its not prime earth. So, can I get the scans now? Also the issue number too, if possible.

Here it is. It also brought back the memory of music, many emotions, the water and fishermen, so it should be emotion and sound manipulation. Also sealing, since it sealed color as a whole into a tiny box.

Superman might get very minor resistance to concept manipulation for remembering it better than anyone

Oh, and light possibly darkness manipulation for obvious reasons. Dont know if the "color of fire" thing is literal fire or referring to emotion

Everything is reality warping...

And I don't see how it's transmutation. He killed them all, but eating them was never 100% confirmed.

wasn't shown. But joker eating them was also not 100% confirmed. but china dying was referenced in another issue later on

Sorry for the potential derail, but for Worlds Funnest Mxy I could definitely see it being a separate key at worst. It’s still arguably something that happened within a DC continuity and it’s argument of being an imaginary tale is contradicted by the story itself saying it isn’t

Id also says he’s way above 2-A in that story, arguably as high as High 1-C to High 1-B seeing how he mentions destroying ALL the numbered dimension, even the fractions, which in the DC verse can be anywhere from 11 to 16 to arguably infinite spatial dimensions. The argument he didn’t destroy the fourth world isn’t true either since he clearly uses one last blast at the end of the comic to destroy all the dimensions, even the ones he had previously damaged, and he states clearly he destroyed literally everything in creation. So him not destroying the entire universes/dimensions at earlier points in the story don’t really matter since by the end HES destroyed literally everything.

If you don’t want to scale him directly to the main Mxy I guess that’s fine, but in think a separate key would fit especially since he’s clearly got a ton of good feats from the story and it be a waste to ignore it.

I still need to add King's suggestion and fix LS/large size issues.

Idk what to do about their large size, would "at least type 8" suffice?

That is probably fine, yes, although didn't he create a multiverse out of his hat?

To me it seems fine to apply, but I would appreciate if somebody could check through the page and correct any grammar errors.

not to sound rude, but we went a hundred of so messages discussing why its not low 1-c. it is just 2-A at best. Please just read through those stuff.
No offense but it was like 10-20 messages at best, and also no offense it was at 2 dudes who barely even argued for or against it. I also did argue against that if you had actually read my message.

You didn't give ample reason on why or how Heaven or the Fourth World "weren't destroyed" in the comic, as the comic never states that any of the worlds that Mxy visited weren't destroyed and the ending of the book seems to heavily imply that literally everything in DC was destroyed. I pointed out with scans why that's definitely not the case, and nothing in the story supports the headcanon that any of the places Mxy and Bat-Mite visited survived, all of DC was destroyed every dimension and place they visited was ultimately annihilated once Mxy got mad, only the Kingdom Come Universe was left and it too was destroyed.

Also the explanation for how Mxy literally destroyed the 5th Dimension, which even back when the story was made was firmly established as a very literal 5D baseline dimension, let alone the fact that higher dimensions exist above each other exactly like they do within our own dimensional tiering seems like heavy downplay. I understand that its argued they can be considered geometric dimensions but the story that establishes the dimensions being two times above infinity was already explained years before the comic, and it doesn't use the Pre-Crisis explanation of there being multiple 5th Dimensions because Mxy is not only shown as the same Mxy across all the Universes, but there's only one 5th Dimension shown or mentioned, along with the other numbered dimensions being completely separate and higher tier, hell the story about the Ultimator a fictional 10th Dimensional being shown to be dimensions of infinity above lower tier beings like Mxy already shows that the idea of higher dimensions was a standard across DC years before Worlds Funnest. If we don't want to argue for higher dimnesional beyond 5D, fine i disagree but i an argue that later, but the explanation that its a below Low 1-C feat isn't well explained and seems like massive downplay.

very literal 5D baseline dimension
Not gonna bother with the rest, it's quite repetitive and all. But just wanna say, probably for the last time, those dimensions existed, yes. 5-d, 6-d, 26D, whatever. Sure, they exist, but you have to understand, they were never treated as higher infinities. Just higher dimensions with a different dimensional axis.

Yes. We should probably move on from this discussion.

So should what we have accepted here be applied now?

Bat-Mite should also preferably be scaled from this btw.

LS. Only thing left to discuss

and yeah, batmite should also be upgraded. I should redo his file from scratch in the future

LS. Only thing left to discuss
Immeasurable lifting strength seems fine, given that Mxyzptlk can (at the very least) hold universes in his hands.

In "Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade" comic book series, a version of Mxyzptlk even held a multiverse in his hands, if I remember correctly, so if we are scaling from World's Funnest, and all versions of Mxyzptlk are integrated now, that may (or may not) also be fair game to scale from. The 5th dimension was treated as a geometric one in this story though.
and yeah, batmite should also be upgraded. I should redo his file from scratch in the future
His statistics need to be updated quickly after Mxyzptlk, as they are connected, and our wiki would look incoherent otherwise.

In "Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade" comic book series, a version of Mxyzptlk even held a multiverse in his hands, if I remember correctly, so if we are scaling from World's Funnest, and all versions of Mxyzptlk are integrated now, that may (or may not) also be fair game to scale from. The 5th dimension was treated as a geometric one in this story though.
eh, idk about that. the personality of that version is extremely off compared to canon versions. on top of that, it doesn't really go in-line with other variations of mxy from comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back