• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mister Mxyzptlk Rework... or how I learned to spell his name

Status
Not open for further replies.
That largely seems fine to me.

What are the justifications for immeasurable speed?

Surely there must be a time where Mxy reacted to a speedster
Not Mxy, but iirc, the aquaman one did react to Wally (?). In Snyder's run, mxy's attack was a little too fast for flash. But that's largely irrelevant. Why scale when you have legit feats?

Out of curiosity, where would you rate him - ap wise?
Based on the feats and scaling he’s shown recently, I haven’t seen anything that would rank him any higher than 2-C

He is weaker than Perpetua, who was exhausted after destroying a singular universe, and at the height of her power, was affecting the entire multiverse during her fight with TDK, but there were only 6 universes remaining. I could see an argument for 52 universes in AP though, due to TDK holding 52 universes in his hands.

The best feat I’ve seen from Mxy during the current era of DC was the time in which he was “erasing all of reality”, but the meaning of “reality” varies depending on the context. It could’ve just meant the Universe, and even if it did mean the Multiverse, there were again only 52. Likewise, Mxy wasn’t gonna erase it all at once. iirc, the scan says he was going to “eventually” erase all of reality, and no further time frame is given.

Keep in mind, my scaling takes into consideration my personal belief (and based on countless statements from the comics) that the “higher realms” which would give Mxy and other cosmic characters their Complex Multiversal rating, aren’t qualitatively superior to space time as a whole, or the entire multiverse.

Based on the feats and scaling he’s shown recently, I haven’t seen anything that would rank him any higher than 2-C

He is weaker than Perpetua, who was exhausted after destroying a singular universe, and at the height of her power, was affecting the entire multiverse during her fight with TDK, but there were only 6 universes remaining. I could see an argument for 52 universes in AP though, due to TDK holding 52 universes in his hands.

The best feat I’ve seen from Mxy during the current era of DC was the time in which he was “erasing all of reality”, but the meaning of “reality” varies depending on the context. It could’ve just meant the Universe, and even if it did mean the Multiverse, there were again only 52. Likewise, Mxy wasn’t gonna erase it all at once. iirc, the scan says he was going to “eventually” erase all of reality, and no further time frame is given.

Keep in mind, my scaling takes into consideration my personal belief (and based on countless statements from the comics) that the “higher realms” which would give Mxy and other cosmic characters their Complex Multiversal rating, aren’t qualitatively superior to space time as a whole, or the entire multiverse.
Interesting. But I have to disagree with all. That's not how it works. But thanks for the analysis

Why the good **** are you bringing Thor up in a Mxy revision?
He probably got mixed up with the 3-C herald thread.
Interesting. But I have to disagree with all.
Ok, why? All of this is shown to be pretty explicit information in the comics.
That's not how it works.
This isn’t a response. How is this “not how it works”?
But thanks for the analysis
Yep, no problem.

Ok, why? All of this is shown to be pretty explicit information in the comics.

This isn’t a response. How is this “not how it works”?
That is a long convo and I don't really want to detail it further, but most the stuff you mentioned are rather irrelevant due to dimensional stuff.

We can discuss this elsewhere if you want

That is a long convo and I don't really want to detail it further, but most the stuff you mentioned are rather irrelevant due to dimensional stuff.

We can discuss this elsewhere if you want
The “dimensional stuff” was already addressed in my original response. There aren’t even 11 dimensions in DC, Mxy only mentions 6 when speaking with the justice league. The godsphere and other realms outside of the multiverse usually are not portrayed as higher dimensional, or superior to space time.

There’s really nothing to discuss further than this, it’s quite direct

Last edited:
Anyway back to the discussion, I need some more input from knowledge members regarding mxy's tier. High 1-C stuff

There is an upcoming massive cosmology revision for DC Comics in which we have assembled evidence for that higher dimensions really are treated as higher infinities there. As such, we should move on from this topic.

Anyway, Confluctor, if you summarise what we currently need to evaluate, I can ask some knowledgeable members for further input.

we have assembled evidence for that higher dimensions really are treated as higher infinities there. As such, we should move on from this topic.
Can I see evidence for such? And i never denied higher infinities being a thing in DC. They just haven't been shown as being prevalent in the more recent comics

Anyway, Confluctor, if you summarise what we currently need to evaluate, I can ask some knowledgeable members for further input
I was thinking.... Since the high 1-C feat happens in lower worlds, keeping the low 1-c bit is rather irrelevant. The justifications can stay, but the ratings should be merged. It will look like this;
  • At least 4-B physically (overwhelming stronger than Superman), High 1-C with powers (insert justifications about cosmological placement and whatnot. Plus unimaginging dc)
  • We can add a note that Emperor Joker's should only be scaled to his own feats, which are only on at least 6-D scale.
The same should be for durability. So that only leaves speed... Speed should be straight up immeasurable since there are not anti feats from what I read.
These basically

Can I see evidence for such? And i never denied higher infinities being a thing in DC. They just haven't been shown as being prevalent in the more recent comics
We will handle this later during our upcoming revision project. This is not the right time or place.

I'll look through the OP but other than that, what's the current discussion? Any relevant posts I should check out?

Yea I’m fine with that. also with the rest of the thread if I didn’t mention that earlier I especially like the in-depth expo on immeasurable speed, very nice.

one note tho is if the justifications with the scans for the low-1C are gonna be applied to the high-1C, if merged I personally would recommend shortening this down: “Sees Superman and Batman's universe as nothing but fiction and can rewrite it with” it’s at least 16+ different scans. Instead wouldn’t it be better to just highlight the specific parts that portray the argument. Cus i kinda doubt the viewers of his page would want to read all of that.

Also btw the second scan for the high-1C
is un-readable, I’ve seen it before so I’m aware of what it says, but the text clouds are to blurry to read. (Here)

Anos and DD characters: “welcome to the wall-of-text squad! ”

one note tho is if the justifications with the scans for the low-1C are gonna be applied to the high-1C, if merged I personally would recommend shortening this down: “Sees Superman and Batman's universe as nothing but fiction and can rewrite it with” it’s at least 16+ different scans. Instead wouldn’t it be better to just highlight the specific parts that portray the argument. Cus i kinda doubt the viewers of his page would want to read all of that.
I should probably put it in a separate album

is un-readable, I’ve seen it before so I’m aware of what it says, but the text clouds are to blurry to read. (Here)
huh really? seems normal to me. Ig I can find the one uploaded on the wiki and link that instead.

looking back at it, I think all of these scans being there justifies it better. The more context the better it will look on the file. Especially to show how they mess with their lives and stuff like that.

I mean I obviously don't expect people to read all of it, just glance through it.
Instead wouldn’t it be better to just highlight the specific parts that portray the argument.

Mxy's current file says this, does anyone know why?
Didn't Grant Morrison show Mxyzptlk creating and being larger than the regular DC multiverse when drawing it out of a magic hat during his early post-Flashpoint Superman run?

Ahhhh, righ6. That wasn't Mxy but another imp. Imps can literally latch onto time and space itself and hold it.

So, ig LS should be moved to immeasurable too. And they need to get large size type 8 or 10, not sure which one specifically tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back