• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2 Much Fantastic (Mister Fantastic Vs. Mister Fantastic) (Comics Vs. FOX)

Check out the Reed Richards match-up thread!

Reed Richards walked through the halls of the strange building, a cup of fresh coffee in his hand. Truth be told, this place wasn't all that bad, certainly better then the Negative Zone or other realms... They didn't even have coffee. Nonetheless, he was still trapped here, his family back home, safe in the Baxter Building. The thought was enough to keep him on his toes, but his mission was to observe, investigate, and integrate with the organization... he was in too deep. No backing out now.

Of course, he wasn't completely trapped, or so he hoped. He was a visitor, a benefactor, not a contestant in whatever sick game this place was built for. Though, deep in his thoughts, he knew there... wasn't much of a difference. He was protected, yes, but he had a goal here. A goal he wouldn't allow himself to abandon.

He passed Jotaro, who gave him a strange look. The man raised a brow as he walked past Reed, but ultimately left him alone. Reed found this odd, he had hardly spoken to Stand-User since his arrival, so... why did he look so upset?

It wasn't long before his coffee was half empty -- or perhaps half-full. Reed couldn't tell what mood he was in today.

Sans passed Reed with a smirk. Reed avoided eye contact as memories of his soul being torn to shreds flashed in his mind.

His coffee soon became empty, yet he wasn't satisfied. He needed a second cup. However, as he turned the corner, he nearly bumped into a young ranger. Luckily, they avoided collision, both taking an awkward step back.

"Ah, Ms. Wu." Reed said. "I was just going to get a refill at the coffee machine."

Marcy stared at Reed in confusion.

"Uhhh, Reed?" Marcy said, confusion in her tone. "I just came from the break room, and you were there! Did you get portal'd down the hallway or something? Do you have an evil clone!? Or, waitwaitwait, y'think they brought in another you? A counterpart? From the... your uhm..."

Clearly she knew something she was supposed to. Reed gave her a skeptical glance, to which she stopped and smiled nervously.

Though her guess was rooted in wild imagination, Reed saw merit in the idea. He continued walking down the hall, a newfound urgency fueling him more than the coffee in his system.

"One moment." He muttered, leaving Marcy alone... for now.

He entered the breakroom, seeing... himself. The second Reed was seated at the table, coffee in his hands, as he chatted with the explosive teenager.

Silence filled the room when CM!Reed walked in.

"Hey?" FOX!Reed said, trying to break the ice. "I heard about you, and I must say, this is... fascinating!"

FOX!Reed seemed younger, his eyes had a bit of shine to them, like he was somehow a little bit more bright and cheery then CM!Reed currently was. Needless to say, Reed was reminded of himself from perhaps a decade ago. A brilliant young scientist with a bright future. Days gone by.

"What are you doing here?" FOX!Reed replied.

"Getting coffee." CM!Reed replied. "What are you doing here?"

FOX!Reed shrugged.

"The Council thought you needed some back-up." He said, standing up.

CM!Reed was almost insulted, though it didn't quite show.

"Back-up?" He asked. "I am doing fine, but the thought was kind. You are free to leave now."

"Nerd fiiight!" Bakugo called out, leaning back in his chair. "A portal would be greeeat right about now. I'd rather watch you two fight over an identity crisis than listen to another second of this back-and-forth."

Bakugo called out into the hallway, making sure his request for a portal was heard by the other residents.

"That won't be necessary." Both Reeds replied, in complete unison. They exchanged a tired glance.

However, their silence was cut short as a portal opened behind them. Bakugo smirked before taking a long, annoying sip from his water bottle.

"It wouldn't hurt, you know this place's rules." FOX!Reed said with a smile. "I think it would be beneficial to test our combat prowess."

CM!Reed sighed, placing a hand to his chin.

"Alright." He said, ushering FOX!Reed towards the portal. "Let's go."

(Note: Story is for entertainment purposes only, the exact details aren't relevant to the match itself. This takes place as part of the Spammed Characters Saga.)

MISTER FANTASTIC (COMICS)
Vs.
MISTER FANTASTIC (FOX)
  • Reed (Comics) is 0.31 tons
  • Reed (FOX) is 0.57 tons
  • Speed is equalized.
  • No preptime.
  • Starting distance is 48 meters.
  • Victory via death or incap.
  • Win via death or incap.
  • SBA otherwise.
3194050-1.jpg

Silver Age: 8

Reed-Richards-fantastic-four-619227_307_221.jpg

Silver FOX:

Last edited:
Alright, let's look into it
his family back home, safe in the Baxter Building, probably worried sick by now.
After one of those crazy Marvel events, the Council of Reeds leaves behind a clone a fill in for them during their missions. Nobody's being abandoned
Normally I don't put in full names for descriptions. Just cut the last name
"Uhhh, Reed?" Marcy said, confusion in her tone. "I just came from the break room, and you were there! Did you get portal'd down the hallway or something? Do you have a clone!?"
Due to this being a multiversal event, everyone is usually aware of alternate counterparts such as in Pinky vs Lizardy when Rainbow Dash suspected Ashido of being a Pinkie Pie counterpart (Which she is). Marcy would conclude it as she is trying to look out for any possibility of someone blowing her cover which means she's also likely aware of the Council's existence (Probably via listening in on previous meetings)
Silence filled the room when Reed One walked in.
"Hey?" Reed Two said, trying to break the ice. "I heard about you, and I must say, this is... fascinating!"
Normally for alternate universe counterparts, I usually do the typical AU thing of using the [INSERT ABREVIATION HERE]![INSERT NAME HERE]. For example in Yor Briar vs Pinkie Pie, I use MLP!Pinkie and EQG!Pinkie for differentiation. Here you can use CM!Reed and FOX!Reed for differentiation.
Reed Two seemed younger, his eyes had a bit of shine to them, like he was somehow a little bit more bright and cheery and Reed One. Needless to say, Reed was reminded of himself from perhaps a decade ago.
I don't know why this is so descriptive. I'm sure there's a ton of younger Reed counterparts in the Council and that wouldn't be too noteworthy compared to some of the crazier counterparts. This can just be cut to "CM!Reed sighed, another younger counterpart staring back at him"
"What are you doing here?" Reed Two replied.

"Getting coffee." Reed One replied. "What are you doing here?"

Reed Two shrugged.

"The Council thought you needed some back-up." He said, standing up.

Reed One was almost insulted, though it didn't quite show.

"Back-up?" He asked. "I am doing fine, but the thought was kind. You are free to leave now."
Honestly, I'm not sure the Council of Reeds can do this kind of miscommunication. They're counterparts of one of the smartest figures in Marvel Comics, it's not that hard to call ahead. Would probably make sense for FOX!Reed to arrive to bring the bad news and offer to give CM!Reed a point to get him out faster and study the point system in a controlled environment
"Nerd fiiight!" Bakugo called out
I ******* love this. I do not utilize Bakugo enough
"A portal would be great right about now. I'd rather watch you two fight over an identity crisis."
The portals aren't uncontrollable. Most of the times they're manually operated

Overall, not bad.

Thanks, first attempt at doing a story set in the world proper (Sans, Spaceboy, and Batman were kept very vague. Will probably rewrite those later), still working some stuff out. I can throw in some edits, and thanks for the constructive criticism :]
I don't know why this is so descriptive. I'm sure there's a ton of younger Reed counterparts in the Council
This, however, was supposed to be a reference to how FOX!Reed is much happier and youthful than most incarnations of Reed. I've seen this talked about a lot, but maybe it isn't as common as a detail as I thought?

I'm used to writing Reed as a mash-up of 616 and FOX, so trying to separate them into two distinct characters was fun.

OK so the changes are nice but I noticed you haven't elaborated on this part
Honestly, I'm not sure the Council of Reeds can do this kind of miscommunication. They're counterparts of one of the smartest figures in Marvel Comics, it's not that hard to call ahead. Would probably make sense for FOX!Reed to arrive to bring the bad news and offer to give CM!Reed a point to get him out faster and study the point system in a controlled environment

I'll get back to this match with a real answer though lol

So uh, for context :

So uh, for context :
Seeing Misato being considered a spammed character makes me kinda proud given I made her page. Look how far she’s gone…

Anyhow, I’ll stop derailing

Last edited:
Alright. Let's see

FOX Reed has the AP and LS advantages. 616 Reed has the Intelligence, Experience, and Skill advantage. For example, he could defeat a simulation of three villains attacking him at once on a difficulty meant to take on the entire Fantastic Four. 616 Reed has also displayed far more applications with his elasticity. During that aforementioned fight, he's called "almost impossible to hit" due to how well he can change his shape and size so quickly. I can see FOX Reed having difficulty getting his attacks in. FOX Reed does use his stretching abilities pretty well, don't get me wrong. There's just a clear difference of mastery here

If 616 Reed goes for restraining his counterpart, he might be in trouble. Even if he could likely amplify his LS with his shape altering, Class M is a pretty huge milestone for him to overcome in battle. Basically, FOX Reed would be capable of overcoming restraining methods and simply doing so to 616 Reed

That being said, 616 also has the Durability advantage against blunt hits, meaning FOX Reed's only wincon here's gonna come down to restraining. Based on the fact that 616 is smarter, more skilled, more experienced, a greater finesse with his powers, and can resist blunt attacks, I'll vote 616 Mister Fantastic

Back