• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

You Cannot Go Back, Mister Fantastic... (Space Ex-Husband Vs. Mister Fantastic) (OMORI Vs. Marvel Comics)

Check out the Reed Richards match-up thread!

Reed Richards steps through the portal once more. Here, he finds himself atop a snowy mountain, a strange emotion feeling the air. Though Reed couldn't quite get a read on the sensation, it felt... cold and distant. he shudders, knowing the feeling all too well. Knowing what he was supposed to be doing, he goes on his way, his feet forming into snow shoes.

It didn't take long to get to the top. There, Reed was met with a young figure, their cape fluttering gently in the icy wind. The young man was deathly pale, and snow gathered atop his head and shoulders. The former captain gazed into the distance with complete neutrality.

"I am cold." The man mutters. "Like ice."

"Excuse me, sir-" Reed says, calling out. "I'm looking for a young boy with black hair. Would you happen to know his whereabouts?

Space Ex-husband peers over his shoulder. Recognition passes though his eyes like a fading spark.

"Go away." He replies. "I feel nothing. I am cold. Like ice."

Reed, for once in his life, manages to read the room.

"Are you alright?" Reed asks.

"My Sweetheart..." Ex-husband mutters. "All that remains are my memories... but even they sting my poor heart"

Reed takes a deep breath. He thinks he knows what happened here, and it's enough to get let pity bubble to the surface.

"What's your name?" Reed asks, inching closer.

He gets only a laser beam in return.

MISTER FANTASTIC
Vs.
SPACE EX-HUSBAND

Standard equipment only, speed is equalized. Battle takes place atop a snowy mountaintop.

Reed is 0.31 tons

Capt. Spaceboy is 0.47 tons

3194050-1.jpg

Mister Fantastic: 7

487e786fc3fcdd54b94a0c70e7490d16b6421580.pnj

Space Ex-Husband:

Last edited:
I think Mister Fantastic would win. Mister Fantastic is outstandingly more intelligent than Space Ex-Husband and is great at predicting the attacks of opponents, while I would simply describe Space Ex-Husband as a skilled fighter to realistic standards. Mister Fantastic most likely has more range than Space Ex-Husband, since Master Fantastic has kilometers of stretching while the range of Space Ex-Husband's blaster is higher than standard melee range by an unknown amount. Mister Fantastic has a resistance to mind manipulation, so Space Ex-Husband would struggle to affect his emotions.

Although Space Ex-Husband can't be damaged in this battle when in a neutral state of emotion, it shouldn't be difficult for a character who is skilled with psychology like Mister Fantastic to exploit Space Ex-Husband's weakness of reminiscing about Sweetheart. Space Ex-Husband talks out loud about it after all. Space Ex-Husband may be a bit stronger than Mister Fantastic according to your original post, but the advantages that Mister Fantastic has should be able to circumvent this disadvantage.

So, here's how I think the battle would go. Mister Fantastic would dodge the laser that you wrote that Space Ex-Husband would shoot, and then would keep a reasonable distance using elasticity to fight, while Space Ex-Husband takes no damage. Mister Fantastic would notice this, and notice Space Ex-Husband pondering about his previous troubles with Sweetheart. Mister Fantastic would still attack, regardless of any sympathy he might have, because of Standard Battle Assumptions. This would probably make Space Ex-Husband want to try harder, resulting in him being vulnerable to damage, which would lead to Mister Fantastic getting most of his hits in while Space Ex-Husband would struggle to keep up, ending in his loss.

Of course, it wouldn't be impossible for Space Ex-Husband to win in the conditions set, but Mister Fantastic seems very advantageous in this matchup, so it would be highly likely for him to win. I vote for Mister Fantastic.

Back