• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
Basically, read the newest chapters so why not.

-While it's been somewhat-ish hinted for a while, all fairies should have Life Manipulation. They're basically embodiments of life force and passively exudes lifeforce. This is further proven by the manga's recent chapter, in which the fairies leaving the river caused its life to be drained away.

-Tenshi broke in Kasen's Senai, with Kasen noting how Hermit arts are pretty much useless against Celestials. This should give Tenshi the ability to go through other worlds (Dimensional Travel I guess). The same would apply to all other Celestials and Lunarians.

-As an extension of their already existing mind manipulation, it's implied that Shinigami have Emphatical Manip, with Tenshi saying how they can get closer to people with their powers in order to go for the kill more easily. Also since Komachi also regularly breaks into Kasen's Senkai, she should get the ability mentioned above too.

-Uh, not so minor, but Hell's infinite now. Not sure what to make out of it.

Does this include the fact that Reimu straight up died and went to hell? Because I did find it quite...special.

Bamp!!

Hmm,

• Life Manipulation = makes sense,
  • Dimensional travel for Celestials, Lunarians and Komachi = also makes sense,
  • Empathetic Manipulation = After seeing the context, yep, agreed.
3/3 marks.

Hell is infinite! Hmm, that's certainly an improvement from Former Hell! I guess we'll have to see what people think.

It gets worrying when your savior/shrine maiden goes to hell if she dies.

I don't think the infinite hell is much. It sounds like it's used more to mock or provide a theme. Do we have any further backings on hell? If you do you can upgrade the verse a bit probably, but not by much. Otherwise bleh.

Everything else looks fine.

Beside, I think that hell work more like what Marisa experience when trying to go beyond Gensokyo, only to end up in the same place: That's the space there is circular, so that you could go on forever, while not going anywhere.

...Beside, isn't the Sanzu River could technically have unlimited width, and is said to have no depth?

Or it's thematic. Or it's just so big that it is compared to infinite. The use of infinite space doesn't always immediately lead to "You get resent back here again and again." after all, especially when you take into account that they probably thought of the possibility of overpopulation.

It's ever changing, not unlimited.

There is quite a difference between looping the limits of an area endlessly (Gensokyo) and being actually infinite (Hell). Gensokyo was never treated as such. We'll still have to wait next chapter to see how it really is, but still.

Also I knew I was forgetting something, but celestials and lunarians should get enhanced senses. Tenshi has apparently the smell sense of a dog and can detect death.

@COB I mean, assuming that actual Hell is infinite now would mean that both the Netherworld and Heaven are infinite. Meaning Yukari's feat of affecting the Netherworld, Suika's feat of busting Heaven, Okina's world and Doremy's world creating feat etc., might be affected. Ironically, Hecatia doesn't have any Hell-affecting feats herself.

I'm 90% sure that no one will become High 3-A from this, at least not the High 4-C characters, but clearly, something will have to happen. Probably just more outliers.

Y'all can beg me to make Touhou High 3-A all you want, but unless I can get the approval of other Touhou peeps like Prom, my opinion means jack.

Not sure if the size was changed by a powerful character, retconnted or just has a finite height but is infinite in size. Either way im following this just to see what happens.

The 5-A size for Hell was about Former Hell. And current hell is larger than Former Hell. At the very least it's not contradictory in this manner.

Isn't Netherworld actually limited in size though? Otherwise, there wouldn't be an overpopulation problem before, and it didn't need to get expanded. Also, we still don't know if Hell is truly infinite.

@Read Should be. The statement about the Netherworld being larger than Hell didn't seem to refer to Former Hell.

@Andy Wasn't the overpopulation problem for hell? Also it could just have become infinite after having been expanded.

Also can y'all at least approve of what the thread was actually about before jumping on infinite Hell?

@Saikou I don't recall anything about an overpopulation problem in hell, but I do remember that the Netherworld is actually so crowded with soul, Yuyuko have to divert the souls there to many otherworlds realm, including Earth, and end up catching the attention of human. The Yama found out about this, so they put a stop on it, and expand the Netherworld afterward.

Edit: Also yeah, approve

Overpopulation in Hell is the whole reason why they made the New Hell in the first place.

I...honestly don't remember this being a thing. Even then, it could have become the size it is now after being expanded.

@Saikou

I think we already approved though. A lot of us are in support of the extra feats too. Huh, you'd think that the one who creates infinite worlds would scale from a world being infinite. But then again infinite ^ infinite... Higher dimension maths needed kappa.

But yeah approve.

I see. Well, my previous point still stands. It even says how it made the Netherworld larger than Hell, implied that it wasn't so previously.

@COB Clearly up you confusions, but Hecatia does NOT create infinite worlds. In fact, no one does as of now. All we have is that it's possible to create infinite worlds. But it's more so that there isn't a limit to the number of Otherworlds possible to be created. Hecatia also just doesn't have any creation feats at all, or feats on her own.

It's there to show how her power is possibly far higher than shown, not that she can create/destroy an infinite amount of worlds. She'd be 2-A if that was the case. COB plz.

Wouldn't the High 3-A rating for Touhou actually make sense?

For example, the Sanzu River feat for Komachi where she can expand it to infinity, which I believe was considered a Outlier High 3-A feat.

I'm assuming that Cirno and other around that area would likely stay the same or have "possibly X" rating.

All the Shinigami could do that though, so I doubt that's count as her personally, but toward the function of the river itself.

Andykhang said:
All the Shinigami could do that though, so I doubt that's count as her personally, but toward the function of the river itself.
Well, it was stated that it's something that Komachi does do when she's given no payment. It looks like it's a more active ability that the Shikigami have and not fully due to the nature of the River.

Also Supergenius Ran and Yukari with Infinite Sanzu river measuring feat?

It's partly Shinigami, but they alone definitely wouldn't be able to lengthen something to infinity without the river's help. The river itself must be capable of that before they could.

Also, Ran calculate it by taking the data about the karma of enormous amount of peoples, and used that to extrapolate a function containing 1000s of variable in her spare time. Still supergenius with their brain comprehending a reality with a 1000 dimension, but not in the way you think it was.

Edit: For comparision, considering worst case scenario, our universe could still be describe with about 50-100 variables. God brain indeed

To be fair, Ran and Yukari should be listed as Supergenius,

1. She did this because she was bored. Meaning she wasn't doing anything she thought was hard.

2. She's calculated the amount of particles it would take to cover Gensokyo and how long it would take to reach the Northstar.

3. Ran cannot solve or understand Yukari's calculations, they're that advanced.

4. Ran said Yukari would not only be able to calculate the Depths of the Sanzu river, but how long it would take for Ursa Major to devour the North Star

We're talking intelligence ratings now.

Anyway, let me do the accepted things mentioned above at least first.

Back