• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minato Namikaze vs Obito Uchiha (5,0,0)

We all know that Minato destroyed Obito when he first attacked Konoha. But Obito was just a kid back then. What if he took on Obito as an adult? Lets say Minato is revived at the time of Shippuden somehow.

This is alive Minato vs Obito with the Rinnegan.

Speed is unequalized.

Both have as much knowledge on eachother as they would in canon.

Both are in character

Victory via any means.

Who wins and why?

Minato:5 UchihaSlayer96 XSOULOFCINDERX NomsNoms Kidkinsey Lop222

Obito:0

Inconclusive:0

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Didn't Minato react to and Teleport away a Juubi Blast? Pretty sure that's faster than Obito is.
Didn't several lower level Shinobi in the war arc react to one?

Obito as a kid was able to somewhat react to Alive Minato.

He could react, but he got absolutely destroyed in like a single attack. Plus, would this match up just make it so that Minato is aware of Kamui before hand because of a previous fight?

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
He could react, but he got absolutely destroyed in like a single attack. Plus, would this match up just make it so that Minato is aware of Kamui before hand because of a previous fight?
Yes.

But remember that this is an Obito who has had 16 years to train and get stronger.

While that is true, Alive Minato would be stronger and faster than Edo Minato. Who Blitzed War Arc Rinnegan Obito, albeit with KCM, but Minato was already faster than Kurama anyway, so it shouldn't be that big of a speed buff considering he's just adding Kurama's Stats to his own.

honestly the same thing happens except obito maybe revives himself with izanagi.. but then he'll just get blitzed again

obito knew everything about ftg and minato knew nothing about kamui yet he still stomped him, if they meet up again he would already know about the ability

Basically obito gets the same treatment each time he changes his mask except it becomes a bit harder 14 year old gets clapped Orange mask gets low to possibly mid diff via izanagi Rinnegan only becomes a problem if he SPAMS summons and almighty pushes minatos kunai away but minato still takes it high diff

If the fight takes place after the pain arc, then Minato would also have knowledge about Rinnegan powers.

I vote Minato FRA, but I don't think it'll be easy at all. Extremely high diff

UchihaSlayer96 said:
If the fight takes place after the pain arc, then Minato would also have knowledge about Rinnegan powers.
I vote Minato FRA, but I don't think it'll be easy at all. Extremely high diff
Could you go into a little more depth on How Minato beats Rinnegan Obito? I generally am more comftorable counting votes if they're based on say a good paragraph or more of reasoning.

Well Minato will still hold the advantage in terms of speed, at least reaction speed, since he has Relativistic reactions. Obito will eventually have to materialize in order to attack, at which point Minato will just replicate his feat in their previous fight and one-shot him with a Rasengan. Of course Obito has been getting stronger for 16 years or so, so even if his base Rasengan isn't enough to beat him he can just enhance it with Senjutsu(which will certainly be enough). BFR won't work because Minato can just teleport away.

He has reaper death seal, among other sealing techniques, so that's something to also consider.

Izanagi isn't even usable because in this form he doesn't have the spare sharingan, but even if he had it, doesn't really matter since Minato can just replicate his previous feats.

Now as for the Rinnegan, if Naruto(with intel) can deal with a far better Rinnegan user. Then Minato who's stronger and more skilled than Naruto was at that point, and obviously smarter as well, would be able to figure out the abilities too and counter them.

Obito is extremely strong, smart, skilled and haxxed, but FTG is just the perfect counter for Kamui unfortunately. So yeah I vote Minato.

Could you go into a little more depth on How Minato beats Rinnegan Obito? I generally am more comftorable counting votes if they're based on say a good paragraph or more of reasoning.

That good enough lol?

UchihaSlayer96 said:
Well Minato will still hold the advantage in terms of speed, at least reaction speed, since he has Relativistic reactions. Obito will eventually have to materialize in order to attack, at which point Minato will just replicate his feat in their previous fight and one-shot him with a Rasengan. Of course Obito has been getting stronger for 16 years or so, so even if his base Rasengan isn't enough to beat him he can just enhance it with Senjutsu(which will certainly be enough). BFR won't work because Minato can just teleport away.
He has reaper death seal, among other sealing techniques, so that's something to also consider.

Izanagi isn't even usable because in this form he doesn't have the spare sharingan, but even if he had it, doesn't really matter since Minato can just replicate his previous feats.

Now as for the Rinnegan, if Naruto(with intel) can deal with a far better Rinnegan user. Then Minato who's stronger and more skilled than Naruto was at that point, and obviously smarter as well, would be able to figure out the abilities too and counter them.

Obito is extremely strong, smart, skilled and haxxed, but FTG is just the perfect counter for Kamui unfortunately. So yeah I vote Minato.
Perfect. Vote counted.

Back