• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Obito Uchiha vs Nessie (Battle for 7th strongest non-smurf 6-B)

Soooooo, I'll point out the most important things now:

Nessie can't really do anything in her true form except just resurrect herself, and probably other mundane shit.

Nessie's normal form is a being of pure chaos and disorder, ie Type 2 AE.

Her main wincons are: Madness Manip (Type 3) although IDK if it works since Obito doesn't have a type for his resistance.

And, its soul poison is another wincon which it can do by just ******* with the world and poisoning Obito with it.

Can Nessie interact with Spatial Intangibility
I mean- everyone in the verse ***** with space, Ie destroy it, and it's illusory world should comfortably be able to effect him since, well, it's manipulating.

But ignore all of that for now cuz I need to get scans of dude far lowering destroying space- is it passive, and can Obito effect Nessie?

Or is this Jubi Obito who doesn't have Kamui
No clue on Naruto Shenanigans. What version do we use for the top 10 strongest?

Well, madness is out of the window then. The only thing left is soul poison, which Nessie kinda just does via Causality manip and poisoning right after.

Soooooo, can he even affect it? It normal form, I mean.

Isn't only it's true form conceptual or some shit.
Yes, but it's normal form isn't really that worse either, considering it's literally made from Chaos and Disorder.

Now... Uh, what is Obito's first in character move?

So, the lower form is like an avatar that relies on the main conceptual form to revive it/rewing causality if it gets incapped?

So, the lower form is like an avatar that relies on the main conceptual form to revive it/rewing causality if it gets incapped?
Ain't sure about the Incap cuz there wasn't a feat like that, but I believe that's a reasonable assumption if you consider its other feats (Which are not a lot, tbf, we just know it can resurrect itself due it being a concept, or perhaps just because of its territory)

Soooooo, I'll point out the most important things now:

Nessie can't really do anything in her true form except just resurrect herself, and probably other mundane shit.

Nessie's normal form is a being of pure chaos and disorder, ie Type 2 AE.
Pretty sure he can't interact with AE Type 1 (at the very least not conceptual one), however if her avatar is Type 2 then he actually don't need any special NPI as Type 2 don't grant incorporeality, this was something that I learned like half a year ago or more when some Arifureta monsters got Type 2 which was why I later upgraded them to Type 1, feats are needed to further argue for incorporeality in the case of Type 2.

Pretty sure he can't interact with AE Type 1 (at the very least not conceptual one), however if her avatar is Type 2 then he actually don't need any special NPI as Type 2 don't grant incorporeality, this was something that I learned like half a year ago or more when some Arifureta monsters got Type 2 which was why I later upgraded them to Type 1, feats are needed to further argue for incorporeality in the case of Type 2.
**** maybe I should upgrade him to Type 1 then

I'm still not sure how that would work, but if that's the case, then it depends on what Obito will do (Aside from mind haxxing shiz) before Nessie just poisons and reverts everything back, or even make Obito the affected instead of it.

Honestly just gonna say it-

...Genjutsu GG?
What does it exactly do? Mind control? If so, how does that work against a dude whose true form is a concept?

If it's something else, then idk. I should really catch up on Naruto, my only knowledge on it is with the Arabic Dub when he was a kid.

Also what's the Concept Type?
Type 2. It's stated on the profile.

If the avatar can just be incaped then Obito wins easy
That's the thing, we ain't exactly sure. Like, it should be totally within the realm of possibility for it as a concept to just revert everything, but it's only showing was just resurrecting. I ain't sure if it would be allowed to assume it can do other things.

Also, the Genjustu seems to like trap the opponent in a different world and does other shiz? Why can't Nessie just reverse time or causality to revert it all and poison him too?

Also, the Genjustu seems to like trap the opponent in a different world and does other shiz? Why can't Nessie just reverse time or causality to revert it all and poison him too?
Because she wouldn't realize she was trapped in a Genjutsu to begin with and as such the use of her Causality Manipulation would just be part of the Illusion Obito put her in. And if her True Form's only showing is to resurrect the avatar we wouldn't assume it'd interfere anymore than that.

Because she wouldn't realize she was trapped in a Genjutsu to begin with and as such the use of her Causality Manipulation would just be part of the Illusion Obito put her in. And if her True Form's only showing is to resurrect the avatar we wouldn't assume it'd interfere anymore than that.
Hmm, kinda sucks for the latter, but whatever. Additionally, since it's an illusion, would it even be able to effect it's true mind since it's a concept? Like, considering it's true nature, why would it be assumed to be able to effect someone who is the mind of a concept? It's avatar is a puppet for it, a vesitage it controls.

Or do we just assume mind manip works fine on beings who are actually concepts?

If so, then fair enough. He can probably Incap if it's his first go-to move. Though, would he just trap it in the Illusion world, and not kill it?

Hmm, kinda sucks for the latter, but whatever. Additionally, since it's an illusion, would it even be able to effect it's true mind since it's a concept? Like, considering it's true nature, why would it be assumed to be able to effect someone who is the mind of a concept? It's avatar is a puppet for it, a vesitage it controls.

Or do we just assume mind manip works fine on beings who are actually concepts?

If so, then fair enough. He can probably Incap if it's his first go-to move. Though, would he just trap it in the Illusion world, and not kill it?
No idea. Personally I think it doesn't matter but I'm not the authority on that so don't listen to me.

I'll make a QnA thread for it or something, but let's entertain the idea for a second and assume it works:

Will Obito just trap it there and not do anything to it? Like, it wouldn't kill it or smth?

He'd prolly erase the avatar with TSB (Basically black balls that erase shit)
Then... Wouldn't Nessie just resurrect, realize it got screwed over without knowing it, and just change everything and poison him via the causality manip?

That's, of course, assuming the Illusion disappears once the avatar is ded. If Obito genjutsu Nessie again, it can do it, sure but the poison would've already taken effect. So, even if Nessie is an illusion, the poison would eventually kill Obito.

Genjutsu can work on entities that lack a brain and are made entirely of energy, like chackra, wich is considered physical and spiritual in nature. But i'm pretty sure it would get dispelled after Obito kills the Avatar.
Only Genjutsu that continues indefinitely were Shisui's kotomatsukami (controls the opponent so subtlely they never realize they were caught in a genjutsu, and as such never get to counter the genjutsu) and Izanami (traps the opponent permanently in an endless cycle of mentally reliving the past few moments.) But even these would likely be over if the opponent gets erased and then revived from scratch.

Genjutsu can work on entities that lack a brain and are made entirely of energy, like chackra, wich is considered physical and spiritual in nature. But i'm pretty sure it would get dispelled after Obito kills the Avatar.
Only Genjutsu that continues indefinitely were Shisui's kotomatsukami (controls the opponent so subtlely they never realize they were caught in a genjutsu, and as such never get to counter the genjutsu) and Izanami (traps the opponent permanently in an endless cycle of mentally reliving the past few moments.) But even these would likely be over if the opponent gets erased and then revived from scratch.
So... Even worst case scenario, doesn't Nessie have a pretty hefty wincon with her poison?

Nope. Who should I call, exactly? There are quite the many supporters in the verse. Who is, like, THE naruto guy? IE the most knowledgeable one on Naruto and cares to actually comment on threads?

nvm I read Nessie's profile for a bit

So this Obito key can't use his Kamui so his intangibility and BFR are out of the question.

Nessie's Type 3 Madness Manipulation probably won't work since this is Ten Tails Obito who has Type 3 resistance.

Obito does have one use of his "get out of jail free card" with Izanagi's subjective reality at the cost of an eye.

Genjutsu could work if Nessie has a life force but it's not really a go-to for this key of Obito.

This key would likely jump into Truth Seeker Orb spam(Balls comprised of all elements in Naruto that reality warp, erase People, Matter, and Ninjutsu(basically energy attacks) from existence, transmute, and shapeshift.

Obito definitely can't unalive a concept so his best bet would be Genjutsu to incapacitate.

Not sure about the Soul Poison though. He might be able to use his Analytical Prediction + Flight to predict/evade if it's a projectile or if Nessie needs to touch Obito.

Back