• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lets see if Minato was right: Naruto Uzumaki vs Obito Uchiha [0-0-0]

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
This is Masked Man Obito and Fourth Great Shinobi War Naruto being used, Naruto starts in Sage Mode but can go up to KCM2 if he needs it and the fight takes place in Konoha on the night of the Nine-Tails Attack. Both sides have canonical prior knowledge, as in Naruto knows all the same stuff he did about Obito before he fought him in the Fourth War and Obito has a vague understanding of Naruto's power seeing as he's the Jinchūriki of Kurama.

Naruto :

Obito :

Incon :

Voting Obito. Considering Minato thinks the Biju's power is needed, the fact Obito is fast enough to evade Minato throughout the fight would mean kcm1 and kcm2 don't meet the speed great enough to hit Obito here or if it does his passive kamui would make this nearly impossible to land as we see even with Kakashi and Guy's aid they still struggled with landing a hit. Naruto's unlikely to land one and I think a quick kamui snipe or bfr is enough. I'd say the chains would be useful but Naruto should be able to push them away with his chakra aura.

Voting Obito. Considering Minato thinks the Biju's power is needed, the fact Obito is fast enough to evade Minato throughout the fight would mean kcm1 and kcm2 don't meet the speed great enough to hit Obito here or if it does his passive kamui would make this nearly impossible to land as we see even with Kakashi and Guy's aid they still struggled with landing a hit. Naruto's unlikely to land one and I think a quick kamui snipe or bfr is enough. I'd say the chains would be useful but Naruto should be able to push them away with his chakra aura.
Obito can't use Kamui to snipe stuff like Kakashi can.

Obito can't use Kamui to snipe stuff like Kakashi can.
Yeah forgot, well can still bfr and he should be fast enough to kamui Naruto considering Minato thought the fight would end if he didn't hit first. Also correct me if I'm wrong but controlling the 9tails was hindering Obito throughout the fight no?

Yeah forgot, well can still bfr and he should be fast enough to kamui Naruto considering Minato thought the fight would end if he didn't hit first. Also correct me if I'm wrong but controlling the 9tails was hindering Obito throughout the fight no?
Don't think that was ever stated.

I thought controlling bijus with genjutsu takes a lot of chakra.
It depends but it was never implied Obito was struggling to control Kurama like that. The only time Obito struggles with controlling Bijū is in the War Arc and that's due to entirely different circumstances, like the fact that they're not under Genjutsu, he's puppeting them with the Rinnegan Rods, the Rinnegan was already a massive drain on Obito's stamina on some Land of Waves Kakashi type beat and the fact that he was fighting several Bijū level opponents simultaneously, including the two strongest Bijū period.

Back