• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Obito Uchiha vs Nessie (Battle for 7th strongest non-smurf 6-B)

Not sure about the Soul Poison though. He might be able to use his Analytical Prediction + Flight to predict/evade if it's a projectile or if Nessie needs to touch Obito.
It wasn't shown to be a projectile. The moment Nessie changed causality, the MC was poisoned without any indication of projectiles. Also, even if it was, I kind of doubt Obito would be able to dodge it since this will imply Nessie's projectile shiz managed to hit Yeon-woo. Said Yeon-woo can see through focal points, which give out countless fake possibilities, and was able to predict thousands of creatures' movements, as well as outpredict someone who can read your intentions, thoughts, etc...

Though, of course, I highly doubt it's a projectile as it wasn't even hinted at it being one.

Also, Elizha stated that mind shenanigans will work only if the character has shown proper NPI feats to concept stuff, which based on the profile, Obito hasn't shown anymore.

Furthermore... it was shown in the later chapters that for conceptual beings (Such as mother earth) their consciousness is actually inside their own idea, ie their concept:
Only then did Mother Earth realize what method Yeon-woo had used. He was currently her Apostle, even though Mother Earth did not want this connection. This meant that they were linked by a Channel, and Yeon-woo used it to enter Mother Earth’s Idea and interfere with her Consciousness.
Keep in mind, said mother earth was in a physical avatar, not her true form.

So, all in all, I believe Nessie should be able to affect Obito with soul poison no problem and just yeet it from there.

Oh yeah, Subjective reality probably not gonna do much against Nessie, as unless it can reverse soul shenanigans, it's kinda useless. Not to mention, dudes in SLR can take illusory worlds of others via their consciousness.

Anyways, I believe I already stated my part. According to Eliz and the scan above, Obito's only wincon will more than likely not work, and Nessie just yeets. It's a stomp.

I don't really think life force shenanigans is gonna do anything against Nessie, considering her true form?

In that case, Obito doesn't really have a reliable means of beating or incap Nellie in this key before he gets soul poisoned.

I actually think genjutsu is a good counter here.

Not for true form, but Obito isn't fighting true form he's fighting the physical body.

I mean, Elizha outright said that it wouldn't work on the physical avatar if it's the consciousness of the concept, unless Obito has the required NPI.

But, let's assume it will work for now (Since I still haven't added unconventional resistance), Obito will likely just genjutsu then erase Nessie, at which Nessie just comes back and lol soul poisons.

I mean, Elizha outright said that it wouldn't work on the physical avatar if it's the consciousness of the concept, unless Obito has the required NPI.
That's kinda silly. Like, as an ID guy, I'll say that we don't assume you need to affect Yogiri's true form to affect his physical avatar with an ability like mind manip.

This consciousness stuff also isn't on the profile, the scans are only mentioning the guy resurrecting from a concept, and even at that, it seems the resurrection was enhanced by being in his holy territory; which he isn't here.
But, let's assume it will work for now (Since I still haven't added unconventional resistance), Obito will likely just genjutsu then erase Nessie, at which Nessie just comes back and lol soul poisons.
Why would Obito do that, though? He could legit just mind hax him for years if he wants.

That's kinda silly. Like, as an ID guy, I'll say that we don't assume you need to affect Yogiri's true form to affect his physical avatar with an ability like mind manip.
Not sure what ID has to do with anything here. It's consciousness and thoughts is that of its concept, but sure, let's just say it will work here, for now.
This consciousness stuff also isn't on the profile, the scans are only mentioning the guy resurrecting from a concept, and even at that, it seems the resurrection was enhanced by being in his holy territory; which he isn't here.
This "Holy territory" can literally be set by just thinking. That's how holy territories are made in verse.
Why would Obito do that, though? He could legit just mind hax him for years if he wants.
Thats the thing, though. Why would we assume he'll just mind hax and let Nessie be without killing it after mind haxing it? I don't see why he wouldn't just kill Nessie and go on with his day. Why would we assume he'll mind hax him only and not kill him at the first interaction?

Not sure what ID has to do with anything here. It's consciousness and thoughts is that of its concept, but sure, let's just say it will work here, for now.
I was making a comparison; Yogiri's 1-A true form is directly controlling the avatar; to the point that Yogiri is described as it in human form and it is thought to be pretending to be a human in the form of Yogiri. And if avatar Yogiri dies, it just makes a new avatar (So pretty similar to what you're suggesting)

But still, we assume that avatar version is still vulnerable to things it hasn't shown to have resistance to. Simply because it is not its true form.
This "Holy territory" can literally be set by just thinking. That's how holy territories are made in verse.
Regardless, it needs to be made, so he doesn't start with it.
Thats the thing, though. Why would we assume he'll just mind hax and let Nessie be without killing it after mind haxing it? I don't see why he wouldn't just kill Nessie and go on with his day. Why would we assume he'll mind hax him only and not kill him at the first interaction?
Have him as a slave, maybe? Like he did Yagura.

tbf Obito has shown a case of genjutsuing someone for years but that was only when it benefitted him to do so as the person held a position of power he wanted to be able to control. It's also not really in character for this key to do.

Does Nellie have a way of unaliving themself permanently? Because Genjutsu could allow Obito to read Nellie's mind/memories and potentially figure out how to deal with them.

this is all assuming Genjutsu even works on Nellie though.

Should probably wait until I make the crt, then. Though, I gotta say. Assuming that Nessie doesn't start with his holy territory is laughable, considering all of its powers are from the holy territory.

Should probably wait until I make the crt, then. Though, I gotta say. Assuming that Nessie doesn't start with his holy territory is laughable, considering all of its powers are from the holy territory.
By start with I mean it’s not passive. If he generates territory with a thought then it’s not passive.

So passives, or possibly other thought based abilities, can potentially fork him over.

Bumpty. Nessie's mind now exists inside their idea, so, uh, Genjutsu probably ain't gonna do crap.

Back