• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid V: Dread(ing the future for the franchise)

I'm here, and I'd love to talk Samus scaling. I have a hard time reading the keys on her page, so would someone mind clarifying for me? What tiers is she at during/after Dread?

We haven't made Dread keys yet
All we know about End of Dread Samus is that
she can stomp Raven Beak with her Super Saiyan Metroid Suit Transformation and then go on to obliterate an X-Infected Raven Beak. Though that same X-Infected Raven Beak can also One-Shot you if you don't shoot him as several Streamers and YouTubers found out the hard way since they couldn't figure it out at first.

Ok, I phrased that poorly. I meant to ask what tier full strength Samus would be at after Fusion and presumably during Dread (unless Dread gave her huge stat boosts somehow). Discounting End of Dread Samus for now. I just can't read the keys because there's so much info on the page.

In the End of Fusion, merging with SA-X basically made her stronger than she stronger than the combined might of Gravity Fusion Suit Samus and SA-X. The latter is roughly as strong as end of Super Metroid minus the Hyper Beam, and she also has the power to absorb X viruses. She overpowered the Enhanced Omega Metroid who was powerful enough to oneshot SA-X and drop GFS Samus down to 1 HP even when she was at full HP.

In Metroid Dread, she has gotten a lot of new power ups. Since E.M.M.I. are basically powerful enough to oneshot all those aforementioned characters and are invulnerable to them all. Samus is only able to destroy them with the Omega Cannon . Though, she does have a hidden Metroid Power still in awakening stages. Even a small does of it allowed her to oneshot a fully armored E.M.M.I which even the Omega Cannon needed to chip damaged the outer layer first then charge to destroy the core. But that's still no match for Raven Beak, who otherwise could stop even the small taste Metroid Powers. There's also lore about Metroid Suit Samus being the strongest Metroid that ever lived; further elaborating the context of being far superior to Metroid Queen and Fusion Omega Metroid; both of whom were defeated by Samus during stages of being no match for a single E.M.M.I. Though it's debatable if we should only Metroid Prime/Dark Samus in scaling chain since Adam nor Raven Beak may not have known of the full power of Phazon. But I could be wrong. No lower than 5-B for sure, but if the Prime things were included, it would be Unknown, at least Low 4-C, likely far higher. But I think even the basic Fusion Suit might get upgraded to Planet level, which includes the basic Legendary Suit in the scaling chain. All scaling from the durability of Baby Metroids.

tbh i don't think they should scale to dark samus mainly because that statement was made in the point of reference of raven beak and adam since the former might not have heard of it and even then it would only be through second-hand info so he wouldn't get the full scope of how dangerous it would be, inb4 she actually secretly had parts of dark samus/Phazon inside of her that was so microscale that no one could tell and abt the adam thing there are actually theories going around that adam during the entire game was actually raven beak given how adam feels different than the one in fusion and at the start of the game, the fact that he pointed out that radio signals could not be sent so how was he communicating in a facility that doesn't really have the means to attach to a nearly wholly foreign system to him and the scene near the end where you blast behind the console to find the throne room

no, just no, every single other feat performed that scales to samus after or before dark samus is largely, largely weaker than, like to multiple degrees, add onto that the fact that at her peaks samus consistently needed amps or workarounds to beat her, there is no reason for her to scale to DS, at least till something like the raws or the next prime because there is so much going against that idea it isn't funny

Yeah, I'd like to wait for Prime 4 to give us detail or if Raven Beak had some master mind involvement in any of the Prime games or if there is a connection to Omega Cannon from Prime Hunters to Dread ect. For the time being, it's best to stick to comparing her to every non prime end game boss.

like i said before inb4 samus somehow has some amount of phazon left in her/somehow has dark samus inside of her that is so small that it cant be detected and she was just tricking everyone by pretending to be overloaded, so this becomes even more true
a59

She didnt really one-shot the emmi, just absorbed its energy for a couple of seconds until it was dry, so is mostly a hax thing.

Is only after she fully transforms the Metroid Suit that she gains a direct power boost capable of breaking Raven's helmet.

This is the general discussion thread? Finally made it, game’s fantastic.

can I get a general consensus as to what’s the new scaling? My head cannon things SA-X stomps EMMI because it’s way cooler than that copy paste flat forehead lookin ass.
Fusion’s Omega Metroid one shot SA-X after it was defeated by Samus- I don’t really think that’s really a feat worth noting. Plus, I don’t feel like Samus would ever be at her former strength anymore just by appearance alone- otherwise I’d feel like we’d see the Varia Suit in its former glory by that’s my head cannon

DAMN RAVEN BEAK IS COOL WE NEED A PROFILE RIGHT NOW

Last edited:
Has anyone seen this:

At the very least it made me interested in what would happen if an X tried to infect a Klyntar/Marvel symbiote and vise versa. The discussion itself is a shit show but I believe that's par for the course... but it's rare that DB covers Metroid so I figured I'd watch. Some of the conversation is funny to listen to though.

Kind of unrelated but, ah, wanna ask some questions regarding speed.
Namely on whether or not Ridley uses a ship to fly around places after Zero Mission, cuz that’s the argument some people on Discord had against his MFTL speed.

Also if Samus’s ship used hyperspace for any of its speed feats, and if Gorea accomplished it’s galaxy spanning war with teleportation as opposed to speed.

Samus Returns to Super Metroid was clearly a pure speed feat. He had no ship period during that time. Also, SD made a lot of arguments against the hyperspace or teleportation headcanon. Phantoon also had his own Massively FTL+ speed feats also. Plus, Samus clearly upscales from her ship's flight speed. Her Power Beam outpaced her ship that was chasing after a ship stated to be faster than her own ship; meaning full speed. Then outpaced her own power Beam with Shinespark.

1st of all, I don't really need to prove a negative. But in Super Metroid, we clearly see him fly into outer space with no ship to be found. Also, I'm pretty sure his ship would have been easily detected if he even had one in the 1st place considering he boarded space station covered by GF security.

Those were super old 2017 era comments made originally by LordXcano and commonly spread by his FRA minions. But the original thread was here.

In as recent as Dread we see Samus manually dodge asteroids from like a dozen meters away in the Fusion ship and casually do tricks and shit.

There's at least a bit of scaling going on.

Her Power Beam outpaced her ship that was chasing after a ship stated to be faster than her own ship; meaning full speed. Then outpaced her own power Beam with Shinespark.
Is that in the manga?

Assuming Death Battle covers Samus vs Master Chief eventually (I believe it's a matter of when, not if), what stupid reason do you think Samus will end up in her Zero Suit during the fight?

I'm fine with something like that being a post fight thing, but every time someone puts Samus in her Zero Suit during a fight I can't help but be disappointed.

I severely doubt they'd resort to her being in Zero Suit when that's her weakest state possible. Considering they allow everyone at their peaks they at bare minimum should give her the Gravity suit, or better the PED suit since she's at her most broken in that suit.

I automatically assume Zero Suit will be used in any fight involving Samus since it's a sort of "The Zero Suit was mentioned in the analysis, therefore, we are required to use it in the fight animation!" kind of thing. Having Samus be reduced to Zero Suit due to her energy shields running out is not how the Power Suit works, but at this point the Zero Suit is iconic so why wouldn't it be in the fight? As a post fight thing, sure, that's sort of what Haloid did and plenty of Metroid games end with Samus in the Zero Suit. However, every Samus vs match I've ever seen puts her in Zero Suit. It's kind of like in the recent Alucard vs Dio Death Battle. Based on Alucard's character I don't think he'd use Level 0 on Dio because he's a Vampire and Alucard is always like "Only a man can kill a monster!" However, Level 0 was in the analysis and it was really cool to see it used in the fight animation.

They also had a bunch of Ben 10 aliens listed off in his analysis but he used like 3-5 different aliens before they swapped to alien X in the actual fight. Making Samus go to her Zero Suit when Chief lacks the power to destroy her power suit wouldn’t make sense.
I agree. However, in the Boba Fett Remaster Boba landed one hit the entire fight, and it was with a bomb that destroyed Samus' Power Suit. Then again in the Samus vs Master Chief DBX Samus about 2 years later Samus didn't lose her Power Suit and won handily so who knows which route Death Battle will pick.

Knowing how they usually do their fights Samus would win or die in the power suit. Though you have to pull some major mental gymnastics to argue that Chief somehow has a feat close to planet level in raw stats or weapons.

Samus Vs Boba Fett was redone using Zero Suit mostly because they pretty much realized Samus stomped him normally. And it was a fixed fight to make it more evenly matched. And honestly, that should always be the case if a fixed fight does happen. It really shouldn't happen at all, but if a match up turns out to be a stomp, fixing the fight happens just to even the odds but should never change the outcome. In fact, even Zero Suit Samus is technically to fast and durable for John to do anything against her. He needs to rely heavily on Bubble Shields just to survive Tier 7 stuff, and was only able to survive the destruction of the Mantle's Approach because Cortana teleported him to safely at the last second. So Didact's 7-B feat simply doesn't even exist. Though, the less I talk about how horribly written Didact's character was in Halo 4, the better.

Side note, I even kind of mentioned above even the very first Samus vs Boba Fett fight was a spite match.

Which Metroid Death Battle match up would have better music potential, Samus vs Master Chief or Samus vs Megaman (Classic or X, doesn't really matter for this although I prefer X). Metroid, Halo and Megaman all have amazing music but I'm not sure what Metroid music would mesh with the best... kinda leaning toward Halo.

Last edited:
Back