• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid V: Dread(ing the future for the franchise)

I don't understand why any of y'all are making this a big deal.

Sandboxes aren't private, obviously. And no-one should need permission to share them. People obviously shouldn't take them as something final, but if they do, it's on them for wasting their time by jumping the gun.

Also, revisions someone's working on aren't something people need to post a public announcement about, so it's weird to present it as something being hidden.

And just as people are allowed to plan revisions without announcing that publicly, people are able to talk about others' planned revisions without announcing it publicly. I think it's ultimately ineffective for people to do things behind closed doors like this, but I don't think it's anything deserving of a backlash.

I don't understand why any of y'all are making this a big deal.

Sandboxes aren't private, obviously. And no-one should need permission to share them. People obviously shouldn't take them as something final, but if they do, it's on them for wasting their time by jumping the gun.

Also, revisions someone's working on aren't something people need to post a public announcement about, so it's weird to present it as something being hidden.

And just as people are allowed to plan revisions without announcing that publicly, people are able to talk about others' planned revisions without announcing it publicly. I think it's ultimately ineffective for people to do things behind closed doors like this, but I don't think it's anything deserving of a backlash.
Yes, I basically agree with this.

I don't think that tells the full story. What's even scummier to me is the "us vs. them" mentality being pushed, like Armor's the big bad enemy that needs to be planned for because he's planning Metroid revisions. Pretty sure Armor was already treated as public enemy #1 for the Mario revisions, we don't need this again...

I don't think that tells the full story. What's even scummier to me is the "us vs. them" mentality being pushed, like Armor's the big bad enemy that needs to be planned for because he's planning Metroid revisions. Pretty sure Armor was already treated as public enemy #1 for the Mario revisions, we don't need this again...
I think that was reading wayy too much into StretchSebe's post. Perhaps you'd think justifiably so given the history between them, but reading it while putting context side it is a pretty neutral post. It's just saying "Armor's planning a downgrade, might wanna gather evidence for the current tiers." That is actually a very ordinary way of talking about things.

Anyhow, here's the first thread. I wanted to add some P&A additions in too so it wasn't just downgrading a feat but then it got very long and I didn't want to make it any longer.

Last edited:

Does anyone happen to know if there's any archive of the Metroid Prime website? It had a lot of lore (Including stuff like Zebes and Tallon's sizes, P&A and weight for Samus' gunship and statements of the GF's size, as well as a lot more misc lore) but as far as I can tell it's completely lost media, besides some random bits having been copied on the Metroid wiki (which is... not the best form of archival, especially given there's no screenshots), and wayback, which doesn't actually work. It's not even on Flashpoint, the Flash archival system, which I really hoped might have it- has some other official Metroid stuff, but not that.

Last edited:
Back