• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid V: Dread(ing the future for the franchise)

Currently watching Oatsngoats route Dread for Speedrunning. Holy shit, what you can with Speed Booster is nutty such as Morph Ball mid jump, can land and keep your speed boost going in Morph Ball, change while still on the ground and keep the Speed Booster going. The fact that Ballsparking is back from Zero Mission makes me really happy.

I don't think this is a spoiler but I'll hide it just in case, you can Melee Counter while sliding AND while in Morph Ball. Like, Melee Counter instantly changes Samus out of Morph Ball and does a Guile-like Flash Kick.

Yeah, this channel has been uploading sequence breaks, definitely dev intended too, especially the
Kraid instant kill

The gallery shows Raven having been the reason why the initial EMMI was completely ******, and it looks like he scales physically at that, crushing a piece in his hand it looks like. Notable because it's outright stated, multiple times, that Samus can't harm them at all, even if she was at full power and that EMMI's plating is the hardest material in the universe. Meaning durability wise, EMMI is made of tougher stuff than anything else we've seen thus far when it comes to material. And Metroid Samus shatters Raven's helmet with one strike, crushes it, and overpowers him physically.
Are you saying that RavenBeak durability scales with EMMI durability?

Been thinking, Samus destroying the grapple blocks via pull strength could definitely serve as an upgrade to LS. It's done in a motion that scales to LS, obviously, and she shatters what is essentially a few cubic meters of solid alien steel. Shit's definitely Class M.
(Her pulling the steel blocks, like the big ones might be, it's only Class K weight, but once you factor in the speed at which she pulls it, it might hit Class M).

Definitely gonna do the latter after I'm done with my current things, but I'll look into the former as that's probably gonna get drastically higher yields.

I would argue so, yes.

Am I correct in assuming that Raven Beak is the most powerful Metroid character to date then? Aside from Post-Dread Samus of course.
I agree if we're using RavenBeak's shields. Without it, I don't think his durability scales to EMMI levels.

I'm still gushing over how badass RavenBeak was. Coolest metroid character by far.

I would argue so, yes.

Am I correct in assuming that Raven Beak is the most powerful Metroid character to date then? Aside from Post-Dread Samus of course.
I think that’s what the game implies, since he literally calls you the strongest Metroid while him being the one to straight up overpower you.

It’s quite a decent boost in power.

We know for a fact end of Metroid Dread is a lot stronger than Metroid Queen, the Fusion Omega Metroid, end of Metroid Fusion Samus (Who is basically end of Super Metroid Samus + the ability to absorb X viruses). And could pretty much solo an army of SA-X's.

We know for a fact end of Metroid Dread is a lot stronger than Metroid Queen, the Fusion Omega Metroid, end of Metroid Fusion Samus (Who is basically end of Super Metroid Samus + the ability to absorb X viruses). And could pretty much solo an army of SA-X's.
I mean yeah, the Omega Metroid literally One-Shot SA-X and could One-Shot each of you're health bars after you absorbed SA-X and now Samus is stated to be stronger than that? That's a hell of an upgrade.

Yes, the Switch is basically turning a lot of game series commonly seen and/or expected to be cult classics, and turning them into part of the mainstream lineup.

metroid-metroid-dread.gif

Are we still supposed to be using Spoiler Tabs?

If so then
What in the **** are we gonna call that shit Samus does at the very end of the game?

Are we still supposed to be using Spoiler Tabs?

If so then
What in the **** are we gonna call that shit Samus does at the very end of the game?
Elaborate on what that shit is.

Do you mean the energy drain on Raven Beak? Because if so that's just Energy Absorption and Technology Manip since she also seemed to cause the space station to crash by doing so. Whether by draining it or just interference from her abilities.

Elaborate on what that shit is.

Do you mean the energy drain on Raven Beak? Because if so that's just Energy Absorption and Technology Manip since she also seemed to cause the space station to crash by doing so. Whether by draining it or just interference from her abilities.
No, I mean
the ******* Rage Transformation suit she uses to absolutely shatter his armor and then proceed to take his laser beam thing that then Obliterates his X-Parasite Infected Self right afterwords.

No, I mean
the ******* Rage Transformation suit she uses to absolutely shatter his armor and then proceed to take his laser beam thing that then Obliterates his X-Parasite Infected Self right afterwords.
I mean it just seems like a really good rage boost and vastly improved weaponry, Absorption, and the aforementioned possible tech manip

Also why are your spoilers tabs but mine are blurs?

I mean it just seems like a really good rage boost and vastly improved weaponry, Absorption, and the aforementioned possible tech manip

Also why are your spoilers tabs but mine are blurs?
I mean the Laser she gets is straight up the same one he uses so I'm starting to think she can actually steal abilities now as long as she can Drain them for long enough. As for the Tabs thing, I have no ******* clue how to do the blurry shit.

Looking at the source code, it seems like we're doing the same thing. It's just doing different stuff for some reason

Also I totally didn't notice that it was his laser. Cool.

No, I mean
Don’t know what to call it, but it’s definitely a form.

I got the impression that getting the Hyper Beam was also from getting the Metroid Suit/Metroid DNA going out of control. If Samus stole Raven Beak's Hyper Beam (assuming that's what he had) then wouldn't Samus be able to still use Missiles? The description of the Hyper Beam during the escape says Samus unleashes her latent power, causing all Arm Cannon abilities to combine into a devastating beam capable of destroying anything in its path." This includes Missiles (and seemingly Aeion Abilities since Samus can't Flash Shift or anything despite not being Arm Canon abilities) were combined to create the Hyper Beam. The Metroid Suit/Hyper Beam are powers Samus can achieve on her own (Metroid Dread goes full anime at the end so the Metroid Suit/Hyper Beam is basically Super Saiyan isn't it? Activated by rage/the pain of loss) since if she could steal Raven Beak's abilities she'd get more than just the Hyper Beam considering Raven Beak had a LOT of other abilities like creating a miniature sun and Shinesparking out of nowhere.

Back