• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid Prime 4: Depression

Could have sworn that was added a while ago, must have forgot between CRTs lol.

Speaking of CRT, since when did the Big Metroid have Power Null?

Someone must've confused power null with power absorption. Also I'm preeeeety sure that ice manipulation resistance is for the big Baby Metroid.

Also I've been meaning to ask, where did we get the whole idea of the legendary suit being completely different from the normal suit?

It wasn't 100% clear if the Legendaty Power Suit replaced the old suit or is a direct upgrade to the old suit, that's just me anyway. Whatever the case, the Legendary Power Suit is compatible with all Chozo tech as well as every other piece of tech Samus has encountered, making the Legendary Power Suit different and more potent in effectiveness if nothing else.

The Legendary Power Suit is a far superior one to the old power suit that was guarded by the Chozo Ruins.

ok and can I get an explanation for where it's referred as the Legendary Power Suit and how it's different from the armor she already wore aside from being able to wield certain things.

Ok and last time I checked, the power suit without the giant shoulder pads is just a normal version of the power suit. Shouldn't the downgraded version of the suit back in MP1 be the same as it was in Zero Mission?

Metroid Prime one takes place after Zero Mission and after the Chozo Ruins Test.

Ok and how does that debunk my point on the power suit in MP1 looking very identical to the one in Zero Mission?

Aside from possible outdated character design, the Suit Samus wears post Chozo Ruins is the Legendary Suit for all forms; base, Varia, Gravity, ect. At least until Metroid Fusion. Fusion Suit kinda got nerfed however.

What Cal said is correct, its bonded to her completely by then. Though I think its implied the Unnamed Suit may restore some functionality.

The mods you mentioned were the removing of several parts of the suit, which affected her AP and the like.

But then the Omega Suit has all the strengths of both Legendary Suit and Fusion Suit and none of the separate weaknesses as far as we know.

Yeah, not sure where he got that. Plus, the Prime Varia is clearly that of the Legendary Varia like every other game that isn't ZM.

The shoulder pads are a different color in ZM; they're yellow in ZM and Orange in both Prime 1 and Samus Returns. Plus they're rounded in ZM while more blade like in both Prime 1 and Samus Returns.

it still looks idential to her original suit. So again how is her normal power suit any different from the one back in ZM when it has the same design and doesn't have the shoulder balls that the other games had?

Not sure what to tell ya Glass, since you're insistent on ignoring the interview, the orange color for her shoulders, the shoulder pads on the legendary version, the fact that it is compatible with the upgrades the ZM suit couldn't be and etc.

Side note: Samus and Joey is basically confirmed canon, made alongside both Sakamoto's supervision and with the vision of the canonical Metroid manga. It also heavily implies that Sakamoto did in fact, get inspired by the manga for the Adam 'objections' thing.

Also, takes place after Super Metroid but before Fusion. My god, thank you Shinesparkers.

Yes! I kind of saw it coming, but even so. I'm so glad Samus & Joey is 100% confirmed to be canon now. That gives some people one less reason to downplay it

Now that Samus & Joey is 100% confirmed to be canon, there should be a few updates on what Samus can do.

1) Samus can use bombs without being in Morph Ball. I know there's a time or two where Samus threw bombs with her left arm but I don't remember when off the top of my head. However, I noticed in the first volume that Samus can shoot bombs out of her Arm Cannon: https://www.metroid-database.com/old_site/manga/samus_joey_en/ch_0004/scaled/sc_SAJ_Ch4_130.jpg. If anyone can find when Samus threw bombs with her left arm that would be nice.

2) Samus can apparently activate her Shinespark by just crouching on the ground for a little bit going off of here and here. There's also this and this.

Another thing I noticed from volume 1 is that Samus' "classic" gunship was a one-seater: https://www.metroid-database.com/old_site/manga/samus_joey_en/ch_0005/scaled/sc_SAJ_Ch5_146.jpg. I bring this up because in Metroid EX Samus changes her gunship to have three seats, just like it was in Other M.

Last, the fact that the Power Suit is apart of Samus' body. I don't think anyone has questioned its legitimacy, but just in case anyone ever questions it or has flat out never heard of it before, we have this , and to show that the suit at least has a healing factor, there's this .

Those all look nice; especially activating Shine Spark just by crouching. That means she can spam her speed echoes regularly; another ability that needs to be added to profile. And more clarifications on the Power Suit's lore is also nice.

Because she's an iconic character, though I'd disagree with her being notable enough today for it to be locked.

@Hunter I can unlock it for ya.

So interesting consistency.

• Hands down objection comes from S & J.
  • Samus' ship is revised to become a three-seater, which also appears in Other M.
Even before the confirmation, Sakamoto took some rather minor details into account for Other M. Funny, considering how inconsistent Other M is with the other games lol.

Just noticed that you guys are going to edit SA's profile. I do advise to use brackets in the Power and Abilities section to separate her abilities per each key/suit/equipment/game/whatever needs to separated.

Of course you can let the profile as it is, but it currently look so... 2017.

@TheAccursedHunter01, the reason is because she's a pretty popular character. And not only that, she's also been fairly controversial in some other communities; I won't say the name of it but fairly obvious, but fans of a certain other verse are furious that their favorite space marine is outclassed AF compared to Samus. Though, thankfully S&J being canon might rectify some of their complaints.

And yeah, her profile has always been cluttered and there seems to be problems with it no matter what we do. This includes missing abilities or missing clarifications and specifications for some of them. I agree powers and abilities may need tabbers.

Samus? Popular character? Did you forget what franchise we were talking about!?!?! lol. For whatever reason the words "popular" and "Metroid" has never gone together (even though a lot of people seem to know that Metroid exists). I've heard from plenty of people that Prime 4 supposedly has a lot of hype behind it, but unless Nintendo markets the shit out of Prime 4 it probably won't sell as much as it needs to. That Metroid Curse is pretty strong.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
And yeah, her profile has always been cluttered and there seems to be problems with it no matter what we do. This includes missing abilities or missing clarifications and specifications for some of them. I agree powers and abilities may need tabbers.
I agree that each key should specify what abilities it has. Keeping a general list of what abilities Samus has like we have now and then blatantly listing which key has what sounds fine to me instead of making 50 tabs. Listing what Samus has and what each ability does is going to be cluttered, Samus has collected over 60 unique power ups the last time I counted.

@SomebodyData If you unlocked Samus page for me I wasn't made aware of it. I have to manually check my email or go to the VS Battle Wiki itself to see if there's an update to threads. If there's a way to change that I'd love to know.

I said the character is popular, not the franchise. A lot of people do know Samus because of Smash Bros for sure. And Metroid is indeed highly underrated, but that still doesn't stop Samus from being a pretty iconic character. She is like the lead female video game character.

Also because the franchise doesn't fit Nintendo's "Family-Friendly" image as an AAA video-game company that has been recently appealing to a younger audience and their older audience separately― instead of their audience in general as they've done in the past.

Metroid, Earthbound, even other critically acclaimed titles don't receive attention for this very reason. These franchises no longer appeal to the younger generation― which is something that Nintendo desperately wants just as much as we do.

Nintendo has to appeal to the younger generation of gamers, where rewards are given away like free candy― and games are as easy as playing patty-cake. They're investing in a fortnite-esque formula of making dough.

pls no ok boomer me

To be fair, in this generation; most mature franchises have younger gamers as their primary audience where as a lot of classic/retro games have older gamers.

Back