• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Misc. Metroid Revision

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
Hello, here's a suggested revised profile for the space pirates. (Removed the images to not clutter this thread.)

The idea behind it is to reorganization the various tabs to encompass as much as possible with as little tabs as possible. In the case of the Prime pirates, I suggest downgrading them to the level of the Zebesian pirate because according to their scans: "These weapons are inferior to your Chozo-designed originals" and "A flaw in the design makes these Pirates vulnerable to their own Beam weapon system." making it rather clear that the Beam Troopers aren't comparable to Samus' gear. I also removed the Omega Pirate tab due to the profile being a species profile rather than a character one. There are some major additions in the case of abilities and the addition of a "With Prep" tab, which have their origins cited to their respective media.

Revised Space Pirate profile

Summary

This species seeks to become the dominant force in the galaxy, and their technology may help them realize this goal. Ruthless and amoral, the Pirates care little for the cost of their ambition. Only the results matter and they take these very seriously.

Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-C | 5-B | At least 5-B | At least 5-B with most technology, Unknow with Doomseye.

Name: Space Pirate, Zebesian (With various colors, such as: Green, Pink, Gray, Red, Silver, Gold, and Black.), Kihunters, possibly King Kihunter, Shadow Pirate, Pirate Commando, Bruiser, Elite Bruiser, Cloaked, | Dark Pirate Trooper, Dark Commando | Pirate Militia and Aerotroopers (Both with several variations including: The Shield Militia, Armored Militia, Advanced Militia [Unused], and the Assault Militia [Unused].) Elite Pirate, Phazon Elite/Elite Pirate Alpha, Berserk Knight, Berserer Lord, and Phazite Armored Trooper [Unused].

Origin: Metroid (Verse)

Gender: Consists of Male and Female, but the males are likely the ones that fight.

Classification: Mutated Alien (Due to the constant changes to their physiology, generally in response to the planets they arrive on.) | Ing-corrupted Space Pirate | Phazo-corrupted Space Pirate | Heavily Phazo-corrupted Space Pirate

Kardashev-Level: Type 2

Population: Unknown, although they inhabit several planets.

Territory: Several planets outside Federation Space, notable planets include Zebes, Tallon IV, and Urtraghus/Planet SN-883 (Space Pirate Homeworld).

Power Sources: Phazo, Fuel Gel, Afloraltite.

Industrial Capacity: Capable of developing Doomseye within a few weeks (Albeit, required several artifacts.), reconstructed their planetary base and the highly advanced Motherbrai on Zebes within a few years. Notably had researched Phazo and implemented in several military fields within two years of its discovery, and recovered in a few months after all related technology had become useless with the destruction of all Phazon.

Military Prowess: Unknown, they rarely go on full-scale warfare, rather going about by stealthy attacking the Federation and planets.

Notable Members: Mother Brai (Leader on Zebes), High Council (Unknown), Ridley (General), Kraid (General), Phantoo, Dark Samus (Previously ruled over the Pirates), Weavel (Bounty Hunter).

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Energy Projection (From most pirates), Flight (From Kihunters and other airborne space pirates in the Prime Trilogy), Acid Manipulation (From Kihunters), Invisibility (From Shadow Pirate and Cloaked Pirate), Teleportation (From Space Pirate Commandos), EMP Bombs (From Pirate Commandos), Forcefield/Armor bypassing (From Zebesians), Large Size (Type 0), possibly Summoning (From King Kihunter). Resistance to Plasma, Ice, Electricity (From several Prime Pirates), armor/biological bypassing (From the Black Zebesian), Acid (Can survive their own homeworld). | Dark Matter Projection, Intangibility (Phasing) from Commandos, Resistance to the effects of Phazo. | Phazo Manipulation, Transformation into Hypermode (Which provides Invulnerability, Statistics Amplification, and a degree of Regenerationn [Can seemingly vary, but should be at least Mid-Low] when in Phazon.), Resistance to Radiation Manipulation and Energy Projection. | Portal Creation (Took control over a Leviatha, created wormholes in Federation Force.), Mind Manipulation (Mind controlled Samus Aran in Federation Force, can control entire planets with Phazo.), Biological Manipulation (Have manipulated the genome of a multitude of creatures, including themselves.), Life Manipulation (Created Thardus), Technological Manipulation (Assimilation with Technology, shown in Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime Hunters), Size Manipulation (As shown in Federation Force), Micro-Black Hole Creation (&cid=59#manga_top The Space Pirates created a black hole to rip apart the Planetary barrier of Zebes, would have swallowed the planet if they continued any longer.)

Attack Potency: At least Town level (Can easily kill Zero Suit Samus' in Zero Mission, forcing her to rely on her Paralyzer and run away rather than physically combating the pirates.) | Planet level (Prior to possessing the Pirates, the Ing were capable of taking hits from the Luminoth, now they are considered stronger and prefer their current bodies. Dark Commandos are considered to be superior to the degree that only Hunter Ings are allowed to possess them.) | At least Planet level (Provided Varia Suit Samus and the other corrupted Hunters a formidable challenger to make them risk full corruption.) | At least Planet level (Have shown the ability to destroy to destroy planets, whether it be with the Mirco-Black Hole Creation, Which according to the Space Pirates, could destroy a planet if let loose; through the bombardment of Leviathans; or augmenting themselves to reach similar levels, such as the Omega Pirate. Unknow with Doomseye (Depicted as the ultimate Space Pirate weapon, however it is possible this is due to its massive range and speed, or because Phazo no longer exists at the time of its conception.)

Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Can keep up with Samus in her Zero Suit, showing that while they usually get blitzed by Varia Suit Samus they can still contend with the Massively Hypersonic+ characters of the verse.) | Massively FTL+ with the standard Dark Pirates, higher with the Commandos (The standard pirate should be at least on the level of the Ing, Dark Pirate Commandos are made specifically to fight off Dark Suit Samus at this point, and managed to fire some shots off against Dark Samus.) | Massively FTL+ (Can contend with Varia Suit Samus and Rundas in some of the weaker incarnations, and contend with 50% Corrupted PED Suit Samus in their strongest variations.) | Massively FTL+ (Have space ships that can follow and fire upon Samus' Gunship. Doomseye's main cannon allowed the Pirates to destroy a Galactic Federation fleet multiple star systems away in a small moment.)

Lifting Strength: Likely Class 50 (Were fused with Chozo DNA, which gave a normal Human this level of power.) | Unknow, likely higher than their previous forms by a large margin.

Striking Strength: Likely Town Class (Can still physically hurt Zero Suit Samus without the use of firearms.) | Likely Planet Class (Due to the combined nature of the Ing and Pirates, they should at least be comprable to the Ing who have been shown to hurt others with planet level durability through claw strikes.) | Unknow | Likely At least Planet Class (Can augment themselves to be strong enough to physically damage a person with planet level durability, in the forms of such as the Omega Pirate or other Phazon Elites.)

Durability: At least Town level (Completely unfazed by Zero Suit Samus' attacks, forcing her to rely on her Paralyzer and run away rather than physically combating the pirates.) | Planet level (Prior to possessing the Pirates, the Ing were capable of taking hits from the Luminoth, now they are considered stronger and prefer their current bodies. Dark Commandos are considered to be superior to the degree that only Hunter Ings are allowed to possess them.) | At least Planet level (Provided Varia Suit Samus and the other corrupted Hunters a formidable challenger to make them risk full corruption.) | Varies, can reach up to at least Small Star level+ with Phazite armor and plating.

Stamina: Superhuman (They can be ripped in half and they will still fight, something we see quite often in the Frigate Orpheon. In the Metroid manga, the pirates had to survive an experience that could lead to death in order to fuse with Chozo DNA. An elite survived only as a brain long enough to be given a mechanical body.)

Range: Extended Melee with most energy blades, A few meters with bigger pirate variations. Up to dozens of meters with standard firearms. Possibly reaching Stellar with their own variations of Samus' equipment. | Higher as ing or phazon corrupted pirates. Possibly Universal+ as a Dark Pirate Commando (Can "teleport" out of the local time-space.) | At least Planetary with Black Hole Creation and weaponized Leviathans, Interstellar with Doomseye, Galactic with Portal Creation.

Standard Equipment: Quantum Assault Cannons, Photonic Power Scythe, Grenade Launchers (Only used by Grenadiers in Prime 2), Dash Jet System (Common for all Troopers in Prime 3, only equipped by Commandos in Prime 2, were not present in Prime 1), Teleportation (Regular troopers can teleport into battle in Prime 2, high-ranking Pirates can teleport into battle and teleport multiple times throughout a battlefield in Prime 3), Shields (Commandos have portable "energy" barrier shields on their left arms that can deflect projectiles but have a limited time of use, Shield Troopers in Prime 3 have shields attached to their arms, but can be ripped off by Samus' Grapple Lasso), Hyper mode (Strengthens defense and weapons, but take increased damage from Phazon attacks while in Hypermode), Includes multiple variants from Shield Troopers, Advanced Troopers, multiple types of Zebesian Pirates, Berserker Knights (Heavily mutated Pirates due to Phazon) and other creatures like Ki-Hunters and Korakk Beasts (Ridden and cared for by Pirate Hussars).

Intelligence: Generally Very High in terms of combat prowess (Despite the relatively small size of the Pirate forces, they are depicted as a massive threat to the entirety of the Galactic Federatio. Given their war-bound nature, they often only experience combat and trials to become stronger, even going as far as genetically altering themselves if it means even the slightest of advantages.) Likely Gifted in terms of technology (Have shown time and time again that they can achieve complex technological tasks such as creating miniature black holes or recreating Mother Brai. Have even gone so far that sometimes small bases such as the ones on Aether or Tallon IV are capable of learning and understanding technology that would normally be beyond their threshold, such as the technology of the Luminoth and Tallon Chozo respectively.) Otherwise, extremely low. (Lacks commonsense, such as petting a Metroid or believing it is a good idea to let some free.) | As Ing-infused pirates, they retain their intelligence's advanatages and add on to it with the nearly 50 years of war experience of the Ing, lacking their aforementioned faults of little common sense. | Until the events of Corruption, Phazon infused pirates retained their combat intelligence but otherwise became mindless beasts. In the events of Corruption, they retained their positive intellectual values but lost their personalities and their faults in the process.

Weaknesses: They only exist for war purposes, so they started mass producing and became careless about the quality of their weapons or their safety (In Metroid 1/Zero Mission they accidentally released the Metroids, in Metroid Prime by experimenting with parasites two were released and murdered every single Pirate in the ship, etc). | None Notable

Key: Space Pirates | Ing-Infused Pirates | Phazo-Infused Pirates | Full Technological Might

Others
Notable Victories:

Notable Losses:

Inconclusive Matches:

During the Samus revision discussion, two important pieces of information came up, that being Dark Samus 4's log scan ("Use your Charge Beam to collect Phazon energy that she expels, then fire it back at her. Direct hits will overload and disrupt her essence.") and the nature of Metroid Prime Core (That it is refereed as its Essence.) Has brought up two possible upgrades, that being that with Phazon, Samus can destroy the soul and that Dark Samus/Metroid Prime can regenerate from said destruction. So Soul Destruction and Regenerationn (Mid-Godly)?

Additionally, A recalc of the star freezing feat has placed Legendary Power Suit Samus at High 6-A + Stellar range and Samus in Samus and Joey managed to tag ships relatively equal in speed to Samus' gunship in her basic legendary power suit.

Also, the revised profile is lacking a few abilities from the previous one, notably Rage Power (Up to 5x according to Samus and Joey); Invulnerability with Electric Armor, Speed Booster, and Screw Attack; Transformation into Energy (In her Light Suit, not combat applicable);Energy Manipulation (In her PED Suit, can forcibly insert energy in and out of people); Hypermode's abilities (Invulnerability, heightened Regenerationn, and Absorption [Can absorb energy attacks and convert them to Phazon]).

Finally, can we just make the Samus and Joey key into a Composite? Not sure why it was changed, but it is rather redundant in comparison.

Was it ever stated that the Space Pirates have two genders or is that just conjecture? That seems obvious that they would have two genders, but Metroid has some weird shit in it, so who knows for sure.

"Capable of developing Doomseye within a few weeks." Was it ever stated how long the Pirates were in the Bermuda System? I played through Federation Force's campaign once so I might have missed it or forgot.

The revision overall looks good, I'm just asking this for clarification.

1. They're just the two genders that we know of, there could be more but I just felt like only the ones we know should be accepted.

2. Ye, the Space Pirates began their Doomseye activity weeks prior to the events of Fed Force (When Samus had learned about unusual activity in the system)

I'm unsure about what occurred when and why, I don't remember there being any sort of date or timestamp anywhere like Halo Reach had for example. Besides, Fed Force takes place in the year 20X6, the Luminoth, Pirates and Feds use cycles in Prime 2 but Admiral Dane uses the terms year and month in Prime 3. We know when what game occurs and why, but we don't even know what year it is.

Samus taged a shop outspeeding the exact bounty ship that did that feat. Also piloted the ship across planets at ftl speeds within fzero styled batle race.

Will post later.

I agree with all the added abilities in the OP, but Dark Samus might need a weakness where she cannot regenerate if planet Phaaze gets destroyed. Speaking of Rage Power, that reminds me. Would Hyper Beam something activated through rage Power. I mean, yes, the Baby Metroid absorbed Unbound Mother Brains Power and used it to fully restore Samus, but it was after the Baby Metroid died, when Samus started glowing.

Ye, its a weakness that wouldn't usually be brought up, but a weakness none the less.

I think it would be too much of a stretch to assume Hyper Beam is activated via rage

Well, I know it's not activated by rage surely, the Baby Metroid also had some effect to it. But the rage power for other reasons such as enhancing her strength seems legit.

Electro Armor doesn't make Samus completely invulnerable. The shock from the armor repels enemies if they touch the Electro Armor and it can tank several enemy projectiles, but the Electro Armor doesn't negate environmental hazards such as the purple goop, lava before Samus gets Gravity Suit and the Red Spikes in Samus Returns for example. The invulnerability sounds like the Electro Armor is comparable to Hyper Mode but Electro Armor isn't that durable (it's still hella useful in Samus Returns). The Acid Rain on the Pirate Homeworld in Prime 3 can knock Samus out of Hypermode though if Samus doesn't have the Hazard Shield.

@Accursed, it could be changed to limited invulnerability if thats the case.

It's technically that Aeion is a 2nd Health bar when Electro Armor is in use. Nothing damages her while it's in use, but all attacks drain some Aeion. Limited invulnerability sounds better I agree.

Ultra Bump

Wonder what happened to all the support Samus just got, can't our favorite space insectoids get some support?

I kinda forgot what our next topic was, and having three threads open does seem to make this confusing.

Well, I closed the concluded one. Hopefully the General Discussion thread doesn't bother this one. I've been thinking of a topic for the GD, will post it shortly.

Btw, I was meaning to ask, but shouldn't the space pirates have a limited form of resistance to poison? In MP2, you see them run inside of dark aether and most were only slaughtered by the info and Phazon exposure.

Also for things Samus doesn't have, she should have resistance to illusions, magma, and internal organ damaging

For abilities, she should get magma manipulation, explosion manipulation, radiation manipulation via the hunter weapons.

I think I posted this before, but in an interview it was revealed that the reason for why Dark Aether was so toxic was because it was composed of a gaseous form of Phazo. Though, I don't remember them surviving long enough to warrant any form of Resistance.

I checked through the scans, the reason why she saw through the illusions was because she was using her X-Ray Visor apparently. Magma is counted under her Resistance to heat, though I will add the internal organ damaging Resistance.

She already has Radiation Manipulation, but I will add the other two.

@SD

Ok

The magma I'm moreso talking about her gravity suit allowing her to walk through lava with no damage.

Awesome

Even basic power suit Samus has some degree of heat resistance due to surviving inside the center of the sun; which is 15,000,000 degrees Celcius; Varia and Gravity have much greater levels obviously.

Since most of these are things forgotten about in the new profile, perhaps the additions should be added already?

It should, though I personally think Samus should have illusion resistance since she can get through the illusion in the manga. But I digress.

Back