• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid Prime 4: Depression

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
Original Thread: here

To celebrate the CRT, I've decided to make two profiles based on what people vote for: (Doomeye, Holo Samus, Berserker Lord, Gandrayda, Pirate Commando, Arachnus, Torizo/Nettori.)

DDM says: Torizo/Nettori and Gandrayda

AccursedHunter says: Gandrayda and Doomseye

Don't forget to vote in the thread!

@DDM not every single koroks were unique in solving it. And playing it on heroes mode with shorts doesn't change the fact that the ice and fire sword trick still works. But I digress

Better start getting the cryostasis ready to sleep until Prime 4 gets out. OwO

You'll probably miss Metroid V in that time lol.

Weird how they completely scrapped Prime 3.5, even 1.5 was continued by the same team using similar concepts and was only in the conceptual stage, 3.5 already had 2 and a half years of production.

I got plenty of games to catch up on in the meantime anyway; just got Octopath Traveller. And I also have Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr, Legend of Torna DLC, some more Smash Bros challenges to do, and more in the meantime. Prime 4 might actually be close to being out by the time I am finished with all that.

Also, they may grab routes from previous prototypes; I get the feeling time shift mechanic was part of the game's lore, just it wasn't executed well for gameplay in the prototype.

@Data honestly at this point, I might as well skip the release date so I can have some Metroid games to play instead of waiting.

I see @Glass and DDM

Well time to get info hunting on what happened.

So... Game Informer's senior editor has stated the final nail in the coffin for MP3.5 was Retro submitting their own Demon for Nintendo. Apparently Metroid Prime 3.5 was being made in some experimental development style that split the game development across the world.

@Cal, John would get his ass kicked really hard if he even attempted something like that. A 9-A characters with Supersonic combat speed stand 0 chance against even fodder characters being 7-C and Massively Hypersonic+.

@Hunter yeah...

@Dark The real question is who is he talking about? For a sec, I thought it was the Fed Force but they're like 15 ft tall.

@Hunter its experimental for Nintendo, but pretty common for companies like Ubisoft. Though that could explain alot...

@SD That meme Cal linked above shows Master Chief from Halo talking to a fat Zero Suit Samus; pretty obvious when you read it. "I thought they were the covenant," makes it pretty obvious if the color pattern wasn't enough.

Yeah, the Federation Force Golems sort of look like the Grunt Goblin mechs from Halo 5 Guardians. Speaking of which, kind of like how we did to the Prime Hunters hunters, I think we might need to do the same thing to the Federation Force's profile.

Like against the Hunters, Samus was severely holding back and the Project Golem never actually damaged her; only helped her purge the memory manipulation. And it's pretty clear cut that Samus is overwhelmingly stronger than the 4 of them combined, as seen shortly after the battle and many times throughout the game.

The Fed Force Golems only look small and weird due to the art style. I'd like to see what they would look like with proper proportions but I don't think anyone has done that yet. Fed Force got way too much hate and it wasn't even the game's fault, I thought it was really fun. Due to the "Cancel Federation Force" petition existing, I'm surprised everyone is being so civil over Prime 4 being delayed.

Yeah, I know the golems are 15 feet tall, and not saying Federation Force was a bad game per say; still better than most FPS's. Just that it's easily sub-par with other games in the Metroid franchise. Other M for example did have spectacular gameplay, but the story was horrendous. Federation Force just felt like a simplicated FPS where you don't even get to play as Samus which was a disappointment.

Mmmh, I would argue Fed Force was better than Other M in the gameplay part, mostly because Other M was somehow even more linear and clunky (cough cough first person missiles) than Fed Force, which is supposed to be linear and using limited handheld controls.

But yeah, agree witht the Fed Force changes. Should be 'At least 7-C, likely significantly higher'

Fed Force is a spin off but many act like it's a Star Fox Adcentures situation even though there's no evidence of that whatsoever. The hate seems 100% caused by butt hurt, I'm not sure what else it could be.

The main reason people were upset was cause it was Metroids big E3 announcement and first new game since Other M so people were disappointed

Now I'm not saying that justifies stuff like starting a petition to get the game canceled or anything but it's somewhat understandable

I personally thought Star Fox Adventures great tbh. I know it's more like a Zelda game than it was a Star Fox game, but that was probably why I liked it.

And about Other M, at least it had epic boss fights; like Vorash. And it was the first game in the series where Samus actually punches like she does in Smash Bros and the Manga; though Samus Returns did that aspect far better. Federation Force just felt underwhelming to say the least and was one of those games that had the whole hand holding throughout the entire game sort of scenario. Federation Force was the closest thing to a Metroid turning into a game for babies. While not quite that far, I think you can get the premise.

So I guess we can go ahead and downgrade Federation Force to "At least Town level, likely far higher? I'll also give the justification, and perhaps add a footnote at the bottom of the page briefly explaining the Samus boss fight.

Edit: There's already a footnote, so need for that.

Anyways, if the rumor is true, and Retro already had a Demon, that would also mean they already had an engine built, so maybe we could get lucky and Retro had already started pre-production a long time ago.

I sure hope so; pretty sure Retro had some things planned ahead of time just in case.

This topic has to do with the upcoming Mega Man Death Battle. The TMNT Battle Royal had the winner participate in the next Death Battle, which was Leonardo vs Zitz. What are the chances that the winning Mega Man or one of the Megas will be pit against Samus in the next Death Battle? It better not be EXE or Star Force going up against Samus, that seems unfair. I hope they'll do Samus vs Mega Man X (if not now then later sometime) but who knows.

Also, ScrewAttack being renamed to Death Battle means that there isn't anything with notable reach carrying the name of something Metroid related that I can think of. I understand the change and ScrewAttack almost never did anything Metroid anyway but still. There were two videos at one point detailing Samus' backstory but it was never finished. From what I remember it was the only series of videos that would only continue based on how many likes it got and it's based on a series that isn't very popular. Genius.

Screwattack is kind of dead now; all the founders pretty much left and moved on to other things. First Handsome Tom, then Stuttering Craig, now Nervous Nick. But Chad and Ben are still there, that's why the channel is renamed. And they sold the company to Roosterteeth.

And yeah, the Megaman Battle Royale looks awesome even if it's heavily unbalanced; each one is overwhelmingly greater than the next with EXE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Geo Stellar >> X >>>>> Classic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Volnutt. But yeah, Samus would curbstomp Volnutt, and could outspeed Classic and X; With speed equalized though, she's roughly Classic's level though. But Geo Stellar and EXE would be too OP for her, yes.

They'll probably downplay EXE and Geo Stellar, letting X win and then to not contradict their previous ratings while not making a stomp, use Composite Samus.

Death Battle downplays pretty much every video game characters but then they wank Superman.

Anyways, if it does happen, maybe they'll bring out something from the lore that we might have forgotten or missed.

Like Massively FTL+ Zero Suit Samus? Or Galaxy wide mind manipulation Mother Brain?

Fight me!

Back