• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid Prime 4: Depression

ESRB ratings don't matter at this point. Parents just let their kids play whatever they want so they'll stay out of their hair.

No wonder COPPA is getting new rules, irresponsible parents are to blame.

Yes, but it's all the low quality FPS games that all the younger generations never shut up about. And some franchises can be hit and miss when it comes to sales; which surprisingly it's the entries that are more unique that get fewer sails.

that doesn't debunk my point. Especially when a lot of people still talk about Smash Bros and Mario and Zelda to this day.

Something else I realized from S&J is that Samus can fire her beams like a concentrated beam of energy. The one time I remember Samus doing it herself is here. There was also the time at the end of Metroid EX where Bishop used it as a concentrated beam for a long while starting here.

When Gandrayda transformed into Samus, Gandrayda did something like a concentrated energy beam, but Samus herself has only done it in Samus and Joey instead of firing her beams as separate projectiles. It's might just be button limitations or something like that.

Yeah, the Iron Man Vs Samus had far too many hyperbole's and ignored Samus' own ways to counter Iron Man's stuff. Plus the fact that Samus' Wave Beam literally bypasses all of Iron Man's resistances as his "Resistance to intangible attacks" is something he doesn't get till his 4-B key.

The Monkey D Luffy one was literally just a popularity contest rather than a Vs debate; which everyone arguing for Luffy clearly didn't know jack about Samus' abilities, resistances, Regenerationn, precognition was downplayed, ect. Mentioned Samus still had the AP advantage with Rage Power giving her the edge. And people are starting to exaggerate the Absolute Zero rules.

I don't know much about the 3rd one since I'm not too familiar with the non-canon version of Samus, but I agree that it was iffy.

Alright, well, I'll mention them to the removal thread.

Eventually.

I hope.

Dark Aether is located in an "Parallel Dimension", and the image you do see a bunch of stars in the back ground. Which said "Parallel Dimension" was destroyed in the end of Prime 2, which is a durability feat for Dark Samus and an AP feat for Light Suit Samus.

Then it's wrong. Simple as that. Besides you literally see in the beginning of MP2 Samus is flying in the Planet and that's normal Aether, Dark Aether she only gets to by the time she finds Dark Samus.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but remember how Warrior Ing and the Emperor Ing can fire beams of light at Samus that she is capable of dodging? Shouldn't that a feat for her movement speed (at least in short bursts) and reaction speed being FTL or FTL+? I know there are several keys that put Samus at Massively FTL+ but I thought I should bring these up as feats as opposed to scaling/lore since nobody reads. There's also the fact that the Alpha Blogg fires sonic blasts at Samus that move at a speed where Samus has plenty of time to get out of the way. I bring this up since sound travels over 4 times faster in water than it does on land. Samus' beams are also able to travel faster than these underwater sonic projectiles in case anyone thought that Samus' beam shots were slow or something.

The FTL Ing feats were done by the keys that are already well into Massively FTL+

Also, the dodging of the Mach 4.3 sound waves underwater is such a gross low end, it even Zero Suit Samus is disappointed.

SomebodyData said:
Ah, I'm sorry but first, I never said that Tony would start with EA, just argued that its an power really common for him, and when he doesn't its due to being uneeded or another factor.

Second I didn't show that many scans because, as I said in that thread, I lost plenty of them when Google+ commit MODERN SEPPUKU. Now I regain some of it.

Third, EA was not the only reason, I also said in that very thread, Zero-Point was an GB, Iron Legion was an advantage, Repulsors that Ignore Dura would wreck because she lacks resistance with Power Suit, Stark had several resistane and countermesures to her hax, and that Tony had both the brain and tech to analyze her and counter attack (Which also can come down to EA). EA was just the strawberry over the cake.

DDM@ If you gonna critic my arguments that way, so I'll with yours; Wave Beam being able bypass anything when it's mechanic contradict it, Life-Force being used (No one respond me when I asked if it works only with the creatures of that metroid planet) when it was from a single game and never mentioned again, Speed Echoes homing targets and passing through object when it's not... And Samus coping ZPE from Stark ala megaman...

I know, I know this is going to turbo trigger some 10 hour boogy woogy debate that would derail the thread, so I will give you guys the choice of using either my Wall or your Walls.

Wave Beam bypassing things and ignoring armor, barriers, ect is not contradicted. It's 100% canon and further elaborated in S&J. Life Energy works on on everything, and SD has explained it. It's not just the Aeon stuff, but she literally absorbs life energy and also absorbs energy to restore her ammunition just by chip damaging enemies. It is 100% headcanon to assume it doesn't work on anything outside of SR388 given the species it worked on also appear on other planets. Speed Echoes were not contradicted; they did exactly how I explained them.

Anyway, the matches were still removed so that is that.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that; will try to do so in about 3 hours.

For those who'd like something Metroid to watch, here's a recent video about "The Doomslayer vs Samus" where the video maker actually knows a thing or two about Metroid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K471S4nwWkc&t=0s.

On an unrelated note, something I noticed is that Samus does a lot of unnecessary stuff just because she can such as landing from a long fall and does the super hero landing pose (it's canon from Other M and Samus Returns which I like very much). It's very nonfunctional, but if you could fall from any height and be unharmed, wouldn't you do the super hero landing too? There's also other scenes where Samus does a lot of unnecessary flips and maneuvers while flying her Gunship, seemingly just because she can. Samus doesn't goof around on the job, but whenever the opportunity to be flashy presents itself, Samus will take it. It follows the basic concept of "I can do whatever I want when I know that no one can kick my ass."

I'm looking forward to some potential Doomslayer upgrades when Doom Eternal comes out, but at the moment; even Zero Suit Samus would blitz Doom Slayer. And Samus with her strongest Power Suit is not even a match up.

Also, looking at the video; they seem to got lost as the 960 G's is more canon.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I'm looking forward to some potential Doomslayer upgrades when Doom Eternal comes out, but at the moment; even Zero Suit Samus would blitz Doom Slayer. And Samus with her strongest Power Suit is not even a match up.

I agree. Doom 2016 lore was in some ways vague and/or hyperbolic (especially on the part of the demons who describe the Doomslayer as being immortal) but that seems to be on purpose by the developers. However, it was stated at the E3 2019 Doom Eternal presentation that ID is going out of their way to make Doomslayer the most powerful hero they've ever made, so Doomslayer could get MUCH more powerful. Considering the demons are capable of being harmed and killed by modern weaponry like shoguns and machine guns, I'm not sure how powerful the demons and potentially angels could be when compared to, say, the Ing or the Space Pirates. Doomslayer beating the skyscraper sized Titan demon to death without his buffs from the Seraphim AND his Preator suit is crazy, but then he's never shown doing anything close in Doom 2016 itself. Then again, Doomslayer can channel a lot of Argent Energy through his body, and Doom 2016 lore says that Argent Energy is MUCH more efficient than nuclear power. I'm don't expect Doomslayer to punch the moon out of orbit like Donkey Kong, but crazier things have happened.

Out of the current 443 civilian fissions reactors, their combined energy would be 395 GWs (94 tons/Almost 8-B). An avarage nuclear reactor would be around 1.X GWs.

@Hunter, Doomslayer has mostly demonstrated endurance feats, and his Immortality is basically Self Sustenance plus the fact that he cannot die of old age. However, we do know he should be far above however strong the Titan was, and that the Titan was the demon who ever lived, but we never given explicit feats so far, and we have to go by their known size just to get a lowball. There was some lore that vaguely mentions Titan leveling mountains or that his battle with Doomslayer shook Hell, but some of that appears vague. Perhaps Doom Eternal should give us more depth, but for now, the win goes to Samus.

Looking at our profiles, Samus is over 131 Billion times faster than light, and is a super casual planet buster even in her Varia Suit. And the Light Suit has more than a billion times more attack potency to destroy a planet given the mass-energy conversion calculation. Doomguy is much faster than his classic self who can run over two times faster than an RPG, or over 550 m/s; but stupidly far from Zero Suit Samus let alone with her Power Suit. And his power is still well over 800 tons of TNT based on the accepted end, but that's not even close to planet level; which is 5.944 * 10^22 tons of TNT. However, some of the angels and maybe Sephiram's role could have some effect in the future games. But unless the lore is real deep, I doubt they'd match all the Phazon enhanced enemies.

Back