• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
While on the topic of Fusion, any idea why Super Missiles harmlessly bounce off of the SA-X? I'm not sure if the X can outright improve those they copy to the point where they look different like Ridley, but the SA-X looks just like Samus aside from the eyes. Besides, I'm not sure if the X could upgrade Chozo technology, or technology as a whole for that matter. Yes the Power Suit is apart of Samus but it isn't 100% biology. If it was 100% biology then Samus' suit powers should be able to repair themselves or regenerate over time instead of being lost outright like in Prime 1. All projectiles bounce off the SA-X until you get the Plasma Beam, so is Samus' Varia Suit actually invulnerable to weapons below the power of a Super Missile or Power Bomb? That seems strange since plenty of stuff can hurt Samus with armor stronger than the Varia Suit like the Phazon Suit, yet nothing registers with the SA-X. Maybe it's just video game mechanics and we aren't supposed to think about it... again...

Unrelated, I potentially found something while rereading some of S&J. When Samus first fought Knight she seemed to glow (like she's going Super Saiyan), activate the Screw Attack and then suddenly launch herself forward along the ground. You can see that here: https://www.metroid-database.com/old_site/manga/samus_joey4_en/ch_0008/scaled/sc_010-011.jpg. The SA-X did something similar in the Fusion boss battle where she suddenly activated the Screw Attack and moved forward along the ground as some sort of tackle. Could that be another move Samus can do that isn't available as a move in-game? Kind of like the back dash thing after the end of Phase 2 of the Final Boss of Samus Returns. Not sure what to call it though. All I can think of is "The Screw Attackle."

Samus being damaged by weapons weaker than those is game mechanics, which we do not take seriously. Also, Plasma Beam and Wave Beam ignore conventional durability it should be noted. Also, Samus' Power Suit does have a healing factor. Also, the power ups are like supernatural artifacts that can be stored as data.

And said move sounds like a similar ability to Shinespark.

An image I've found that makes me very happy is that if you play as Ridley on the Punch-Out! stage, on the giant screen Ridley is called the "Cunning God of Death" like from Zero Mission: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtgL7UoU4AAGzpk.jpg.

The are plenty of people that say Sakurai puts all these little details and care and such. Ridley being called the "Cunning God of Death" is an example of something like that, but then I raise you Samus' entire moveset/animations and the fact that he said during Smash 4's development that Samus' Pink Suit color represents the Super Metroid Gravity Suit: http://smashbros-miiverse.com/pic-of-the-day/2014-09-03. The Super Metroid Gravity Suit has always been purple, that's why the Prime Gravity Suit was purple as well, the only armor I can think of being pink would be NES Metroid Varia Suit, but that's it.

Sakurai probably (it was likely someone else) didn't put that little detail in, since its kinda obv he doesn't quite know much about Metroid.

But anyways, I've been thinking about this for a while, but I think we should just outright stop scaling Samus to the bounty hunters in Prime Hunters.

- None of them have actually canonically shown to be comparable to Samus. Furthermore, the Legendary Power Suit alone is supremely above Mother Brain's understanding, destroying the scaling for Weavel (You could even call it an anti-feat)

- Furthermore, Samus let them live, showing that she was, at least to some degree, holding back.

- The only one with a history with her (Sylux), is also the one with durability negation, showing that their battles are not convential ones.

- Gorea easily handles all of the bounty hunters in her first form at once. Samus, alone, is the one who pushed Gorea beyond that.

Well, I do know the Ice Beam is already above the Judicator Beam for example; and yeah, the Shock Coil is really the only Prime Hunter weapons that's really that powerful. Though, Imperialist is still pretty strong and speed of light. But I still doubt they're any weaker than 6-C or Massively Hypersonic+ regardless.

However, Trace would still have Speed of Light attack speed, and Sylux could be stronger than others.

Considering Samus was able to whoop every Bounty Hunter and Gorea in Prime Hunters with a very minimal power up kit, how will Sylux be any sort of actual threat in Prime 4 without making Samus arbitrarily weaker?

Who knows, maybe Sylux was holding back the entire time. Or perhaps there's a new transformation he's been hiding and all that jazz.

Also, question. Would 6-C or 6-B be more appropriate to scale to the Hunters cast? It's mentioned on Weavel's profile that he's powered by Mother Brain, but unsure about scaling from her. But "comparable to Samus' power suit" does sound like it's referring to the Pre-Zero Mission suits yes.

Given that he stole a Metroid from the Feds as well as his suit, I'm gonna guess he's porbably gonna steal something.

Honestly, I don't even know if that's a good idea either. Motherbrain was never directly stated to have created Weavel's suit, and Space Pirate tech canonically still had struggled to even understand Samus' basic power beam at that time.

I see, just made even harder to decide then. >_< And that justification probably needs to be adjusted as well.

But here at the very least; none of Hunters should be any weaker than the fodder Space Pirates. And if anything, I don't think they should be too much weaker than some of the Pre-Zero Mission generals like Kraid.

I think Unknown could work for now. Apparently the Nightmare artwork and Gunship design in Smash are new hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Also, I find it interesting how no one has brought up any issues with the Dark Samus upgrade after so long. I thought universal corruption would be more debated tbh.

Universal over time, but still Universal. Some would probably say High Universal, but that's what I'd say is more debatable and iffy. Keep in mind that the real world's universe could be infinite for all we know; observable universe is just the baseline for it could be much larger for all we know. The baseline for 3-A is almost always going to be expanded.

Okay, I guess Unknow for the Prime Hunters cast than, but Sylux could probably get massive upgrades in Prime 4 for all we know; like he's hiding something.

Also, forgot what we should do with Nightmare (Metroid). I think it was generally agreed to upgrade him to 5-B and Massively FTL+ last time. He fought Varia Suit Samus twice in Other M, and would scale to Varia Fusion Suit. Who one, had to run away from SA-X at one point, and takes 0 damage from her own Power Bombs. So Massively FTL+ and 5-B is pretty consistent.

Those parts are true, but SomebodyData said Unknow is best for now. No one should be below Town level or Massively Hypersonic yes, but it's unknown how far above them they are. They should be a lot stronger than fodder space pirates. I dislike Unknow ratings too, but it's SD's word.

I kept other legit feats such as Delano 7 being Massively FTL+ and Imperialist being Speed of Light though. Mentions of durability negation for Noxus and Sylux are legit also.

Unknown is not best, just use their highest showing so far... because having them as Unknown would make us look like "Duh, did they did their research?". Otherwise, Saitama would be "Unknown" and he is not...

Therefore, I disagree with SD, keep the ratings they have because that's what they scale to and have shown... they can be fixed when Prime 4 comes out.

I understand that and agree with that, but I want to wait for him to come back before discussing in length. Prime 4 could save ratings yes, at least for Sylux.

The ratings previously were based on faulty scaling. Even if you scale them to pirates they wouldn't be High 6-A.

Terawatts feat is 8-A, which is a downgrade at best.

Placing 8-A or High 6-A as they were before, is an utter lie, which is much worse than "Duh, did they did their research" If you guys want "Unknown, at least 7-C" go ahead, but that's not what they were before.

Literally just look at the history of the page, if you don't even know what they were scales to before, then why are yiu making an argument for it?

Oh, the harming Samus with the Varia Suit thing? That was old because if you mentioned anything above Tier 7-C base Samus to Seiryu, he threw a fit and reverted it. So, weird nobody fixed it on time.

So why are you are you complaining about it now being fixed?...

Like I said, I have no issue with Unknow, At least Town level, just that the previous stuff was wrong.

The reason the Hunters don't scale from Samus is because she outright curb stomped them, and was severely holding back against them in canon. And this is made elaborated when the other hunters were ragdolled like Krillins and Yamchas against Gorea, where as Samus was the true heroine that outright bests the big bad guy on her own.

We also never get to see Samus fight against them using weaker suits either, and the Volt Driver calc is just a unnecessary low end calc. We also never see them in any shape or form comparable to Mother Brain. For sure they're way better fodder space pirates but not much else is known.

Also, I don't think talking about Seiryu is really a good idea tbh. Also, no one said anything about Nightmare.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I think it was generally agreed to upgrade him to 5-B and Massively FTL+ last time. He fought Varia Suit Samus twice in Other M, and would scale to Varia Fusion Suit. Who one, had to run away from SA-X at one point, and takes 0 damage from her own Power Bombs. So Massively FTL+ and 5-B is pretty consistent.

Sure I guess. Personally, I would prefer we keep Other M scaling to the minimum tho.

What the **** are you talking about? Anyway shall update Nightmare.

Yup, it's the same Baby who turned Samus into a Super Saiyan Rainbow.

As far as I'm concerned, either Other M is non-canon, or every OTHER Metroid game is non-canon. There doesn't seem to be an inbetween. Granted, I have fun with Other M's gameplay as clunky as it can be, being able to skip the cutscenes is a plus.

I mean, Metroid (NES), Return of Samus, and S&J don't contradict it.

Of course, the first two are non-canon, and the third one is only canon because of Other M.

Would be awesome of Samus and Joey actually became a game where Nintendo does place it in the official timeline, then all the downplayers can finally rest their big mouths about its canonicity.

Would be pretty fun if they used each char as a "difficulty mode"

Like Joey is "Hard mode" and Samus is "Easy mode".

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Would be awesome of Samus and Joey actually became a game where Nintendo does place it in the official timeline, then all the downplayers can finally rest their big mouths about its canonicity.
If there was ever a Metroid anime, making it about S&J could be pretty cool. Not only to give the series a place in canon but to animate some of the awesome stuff Samus does in S&J. I'm certain an objective of S&J is to make Samus as awesome as possible.

Is Samus and Joey contradicted by anything? I don't think so. If anything it predicted some of the stuff that showed up in Other M, so I don't see why S&J wouldn't be canon. The Prime 2 manga is definitely non-canon since there were survivors but others seem to reference it in vs debate stuff. Maybe that's just to bring up EVERYTHING that Samus shows up in no matter what. The scene where she effortlessly demolished 100 Pirate Commandos was pretty cool though.

The Nintendo Power comics, 4Koma manga, and the Prime manga series are confirmed to be non-canon. Samus & Joey is dubiously canon, but the canonicity is highly likely given Other M references it a lot. Other M actually contradicts things a lot more than S&J or the 2002 manga does.

Yeah, the Nintendo Power comics were awesome though. None quite as memorable as the NP Mario comic, but the Zelda, Metroid, Castlevania, Killer Instinct, ect comics where all great. And Captain making out with Samus... yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back