• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is something I've heard of before. Something about Samus facing against Illusory characters before.

The Speed upgrade looks dope, but yeah, these threads came up at bad timing while I was at work. Speaking of which, before going into detail about Samus's revisions; both good and bad things, I was wondering about one of Metroids more underrated characters; Gorea. I've recently looked a few things up about Prime Hunters; shame it's been so long since I played it.

I heard context about Infinity Void, and I do noticed there's quite a few things about the Alimbics that made me feel more interested in, but not sure where to start. I noticed little is known about the Omega Cannon or what the nature is.

I feel a little bad for double posting, but it seems ZainyBrainy accepted the calc.

There's also another thing I'm curious about. Wouldn't SA-X have Low-Godly Regenerationn as well as possibly other X enemies? I noticed that after you first defeat SA-X and she commons the intangible X-Virus, she retreats and then comes back fully regenerated when the Omega Metroid appears. Additionally other X enemies regenerate their bodies over time if you don't absorb their souls first. Or is that just all X's being intangible and that's just transformation of some sort? I think the former makes more sense tbh. Additionally, should Metroids have soul absorptions due to being the X's predators?

Well the X-Parasite themselves aren't their souls. Its more like the X-Parasite can cause Regenerationn in the corpses.

Oh they aren't? I mean, they are 100% intangible and obviously they can't copy souls, but they do have like souls. Also, regenerating corpses is still some kind of healing and/or creation.

A- We don't know if they do.

B- We can't just say Samus destroyed their souls.

Regenerating corpses is regen.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:SomebodyData/Metroid_EX_-_Hell_Freezes_Over

Scratch what I said earlier, he already did the math, I just put it in the right place. So 5-A apparently. Although I don't know, something seems really wrong here. Supposably the core has 50% of the mass, however, the feat suggests the surface is easily comparable, which ignores the significantly larger layers. I think it may be that the mean density of a star is lower on its surface, which would explain it.

Why an outlier? The ice beam can harm star characters let alone planet.

The same thing for speed. Samus honestly boost speed between armor. Samus has mftl feats within the power and varua suit and the suits gave not once been mentioned amp speed.

@DMM. What's more likely is that when Samus wounds an X Parasite enough, its copied form destabilizes and it returns to its parasitic form, making it ripe for absorption. But given time, the X Parasite stabilizes and can reenter the copied form. Think of it like Ditto, but instead of making it laugh, you blow it the f*** up ovo.

Also, off topic, but tfw it took me until yesterday to realize that the "SA" in "SA-X" stands for Samus Aran...

I mean, its about to become a tower tier 5 / 6 level feat so its not an outlier in any way or form anymore.

I mean, ignoring the speed booster, what mftl+ feats does she have in the Power/Zero Suit (Assuming that suits don't boost speed, the zero suit would scale)

Fighting ridley. Taging a mftl ship. Multiple times of the top of my head. Fighting zebesian which have mftl reactions .

Also piloting a explicitly auto pilotless craft.

Yeah, she tends to do so a lot in hindsight. And if we're being technical, the ZM Power Suit and the Legendary Power Suit are technically different, the latter being superior.

Hmm, though this could mean we have to seperate the tabs once more, kinda clustering the page even more so.

Zero Mission Ridley tagged MFTL+ Federation ships?

No. Her speed would be the an exact same across keys.

Sc metroid v2 ch15 107
Sc metroid v2 ch15 108
He engages multiple space dogfights without a ship. Aiming and blasting mftl ships alot quite casually.

Zero Mission Power Suit and Zero Suit Samus are more consistently MHS than MFTL+, whereas the MFTL+ feats are pretty common in the Legendary variant.

As for there being a lack of augmentation to Samus' reflexes/speed, I'm in doubt, as we already know that the suit alters Samus' body structure and given that it is a biological attachment, it isn't so far fetched to say it changes her. (Similarily, the Varia Suit upgrade is never stated to make her more powerful or give her more resistance to X abilities, just protect her from heat.)

Zero suit has three mftl fears. The zero power suit has two. Power legendary has a handful.

Zero mention of the suit amping speed. Honestly an assumption and having mhs obviously wont contradict mftl.

And honestly. The varia suit arbitrarily making say the ice beam a few magnitudes more powerful when samus and joey makes quite explicit the weaponary a stand alone unefected by the suit quite suspect.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:SomebodyData/Metroid_EX_-_Hell_Freezes_Over has been updated with a High 6-A result.

Three MFTL+ feats for zero suit? And 2 for Zero Mission power suit? I don't know any of them.

The Varia Suit actually has two massive shoulder power generators for that. And "Samus's standard Power Suit, built for her by the Chozo people, is made even stronger by the Varia Suit upgrade. It provides shielding in battle and augmented physical strength, and its life-support systems allow her to survive in water and even space without addition equipment.""

There is probably something that states her speed is affected, just give me a second.

I'm interested in Samus's weaker keys have Massively FTL+ speed feats? Did she legit tag ships? Been so long since I read the Manga though. I really need to find Ridley's Class M lifting strength feat, but wasn't there also a calc that has Samus running in lava Class G? Either way, the 960 G's alone should make Zero Suit Samus Class 100 at bare minimum, possibly Class K; her jumping several times her height on Zebes should be calc'd in that range.

Also, excluding Other M's lazy game design and various fan theories that originated from that, Samus's 6'3" height and 198 lb/90 kg mass was never retconned. Smash 4, Samus Returns, and Smash Ultimate gave ZS Samus her original Amazon design that's almost as tall has Power Suit Samus, unlike Other M portraying Power Suit as a giant compared to her.

Yeah. The lava calculation an obd calculation.

Yeah. Also ridley.

The height was retconed dm. Although the retcon obviously had a retcon though .

yeah didnt she become like 5'2"or something according ti the other m concept art?

also btw the mftl+ calc got accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back