• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, I been thinking about Ruins Test. Rather than simply compare it to Zero Suit Samus, I think the Ruins Test could be seen as a mirror type character. Sure Town level and Massively Hypersonic+ are his statistics when fighting him, but it could be stronger if fighting someone else. Like the Chozo warriors who were 6-C were stated to be unable to defeat them as well.

So I think Ruins test should be Unknow and perhaps treated as mimicking their opponent. This would also perhaps give it Power Mimicry.

Side Note: I didn't realize we had over 400 posts. It won't be too long before we get another thread made.

The Modern Armed Chozo fought him?

It's tiering comes lightning, not damage reversal (The lightning doesn't have any variable ap)

Lightning being straight up 7-C is fine I suppose, and I thought you mentioned on one thread that none of the Chozo or the Space Pirates were unable to pass the Chozo Ruins Test. So I figured that also meant not even the generals of Space Pirates can pass the test.

I probably should have specified, but me refering to space pirates just means the average soldier, not generals.

Hmm, I see. But to be fair, I doubt even the 5-B Space Pirates could pass the Ruins test; they probably wouldn't even know about their hax. And I know it's obvious NLF, but the lore suggests only pure hearted beings can pass the test. LOL

If only pure-hearted spirits could pass (Also Samus, pure-hearted?) then it would be a weakness on the Ruins Test.

They probably wouldn't pass, but that's due to the damage reversal, not the spirit's physical stats.

Well, only Pure Hearted beings who past the test can use the Legendary Power Suit; and Samus apparently has that.

I know, it's via hax not Tier or speed. I just wanted to see a Ruins Test vs Ditto, would have been awesome.

Hmm, thinking that's hyperbole or something, given Dark Samus also uses a version of the suit.

The Metroid Wikia said something about that, but "Pure Heart" may be a mistranslation. And Dark Samus created a copy that was different, so it probably changed that rule if that was the case. Scratch that, Dark Samus' heart is pure; as in pure evil. Or she doesn't even have a heart and this is pure by default

Considering how heavily Samus was nerfed in ScrewAttack's "Samus vs Boba Fett" Death Battle, whenever Samus shows up in another Death Battle (it's only a matter of time), who would you all like to see her go up against? I remember hearing that because of how Sigma was presented in the "Sigma vs Ultron" fight conflicts with what was shown about Megaman classic in the "Megaman vs Astro Boy" Death Battle, so maybe ScrewAttak won't nerf Smaus that bad next time. I distinctly remember Ben giving Samus vs Megaman as an example as a possible Death Battle but it was on a YouTube Q&A video with horrendous quality that I can't find anymore so I could be wrong...

In a way I'd like to see Samus fight some version of Megaman if just for the fight scene, but I'm pretty sure ScrewAttack will nerf Samus or do something to make Megaman seem much more powerful since Boomstick explicitly stated: "While Fett may be more durable and physically stronger, Samus has dealt with foes like that all her life." From what I've gather, people at Screw Attack know much more about Megaman than Metoid even though the website is called "Screw Attack." One match up I'd like to see would be Samus vs Guyver 1, a returning fighter and a brand new character.

Screwattack nerfs almost every video game character; even Megaman happened to be one of their nerfed characters; though I agree that they nerfed Samus in worse ways. They also didn't realize that Boba Fett fighting Vader is PIS whom the latter was holding back. Samus is stronger and more durable than Vader it should be noted. But still, they didn't know that Classic Megaman has Massively FTL speed feats, though still slower than Samus as well as Mega being Small Planet level+. Not to mention that Mega Man X, Geo Stelar, or best yet Megaman.EXE are also way more potent than Classic Mega Man.

The best breakdown I've seen for Samus vs Boba Fett is this right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbeQmg1ZiRc. It is a 50 minute long video which can be off putting, but it's very exhaustive and brings in basically everything from S&J to Episode of Aether. If you count Zero Suit and the Paralyzer, ScrewAttack brought up 15 out of Samus' 60+ unique power ups that she has collected throughout the Metroid series. Even for her "standard kit" that she gets in Super or Fusion or Zero Mission, ScrewAttack mentioned less than half of her power ups. They also conveniently left out anything related to Phazon and Hyper Mode.

Yeah, Boba Fett and Master Chief are complete utter fodder characters compared to Samus; it makes far more sense to compare him to Iron Man and Mega Man. Which then, it depends which version for each character.

Also, noticed a glitch where I can't comment on blog posts for some reason. Glitch fixed now.

Honestly I just want some sort of fight where Samus is accurately portrayed. If the fight doesn't use Smash Bros Samus (Samus only uses 7 power ups in Smash and some of them don't even work properly) or it leaves stuff out. The remastered fight between Samus and Boba Fett had Samus' Paralyzer of all things use the Ice Beam, and the 30 seconds Samus was in her Power Suit, she fired an energy blast that looked nothing like any beam Samus has and the Morph Ball. There's also people constantly putting Samus in the Zero Suit during the fight itself instead of some sort of post battle scene for no reason other than "we mentioned it so we are required to show it." The Power Suit is what lets Samus do all sorts of cool stuff, why throw it away outside of a Haloid tribute? The Samus vs Boba Fett remaster was a Haloid tribute itself, so I'm not sure if wasn't a Samus vs Master Chief Death Battle instead. Oh well, the Samus vs Chief DBX was pretty cool at least.

Alright, there was a leaked released date, but the keyword is leaked. We'll probably get the official release date very soon and at most E3 should confirm for sure, but probably before that.

I can potentially see Prime 4 coming out in 2019. If Tanabe and his team started work on Prime 4 as soon as Federation Force finished, being released when the leak says it will, Prime 4 will have been in development for over 3 years. However, there's another big Nintendo game coming out in 2019 that could steal some of Prime 4's spotlight. A Core, console Pokemon game. We know for sure that the next core Pokemon game will be released in 2019 and be on a console, even though we have no idea when exactly when Prime 4 and Gen 8 Pokemon will come out and how Nintendo will handle it. If Nintendo is going to announce Prime 4 it's probably going to be at E3, it's the only thing that makes sense.

Prime 4 seemed to get the single biggest reaction out of anything from E3 2017 from what I remember, and I have no idea why. Metroid game quality is on par with Mario or Zelda, but Metroid doesn't sell NEARLY as much, so I have no idea why the reaction was so ludicrous. I was far more exited for Samus Returns since it came out 3 months after it was announced.

Yeah, Samus Returns is fabulous for sure; and maybe it was the fact that Prime series has been silent for 10 years at the time. So Prime 4 was sure an epic comeback.

For centuries people have asked "What came first, the chicken or the egg?" But now they will instead ask "What will come out first, Metroid Prime 4 or the FF7 remake".

I can't imagine how long time Metroid fans felt when Nintendo uploaded a video titled "Development update on Metroid Prime 4" only to watch the video and find out Nintendo have started development of the game from scratch again and as such it's been heavily delayed. But hey, it could've been worse (Distant echoes of Mega Man Legends 3 in the background).

@Schmuck you mean the game that came out with actual gameplay and trailers? And not some random JPEG picture?

On the upside it means more concept art and details

On the downside nintendo would probably not release that

On the upside Retro is working on it

On the downside none of the metroid ppl even work at retro anymore

The Metroid Curse strikes again

Originally, Prime 4 was stated to be developed by a new company, not Retro is back? Also, I'm sure Nintendo's going to give more details at E3, but whether it comes out 2019 or 2020 is up for debate.

That was the original Prime 4, which the community is now dubbing Prime 3.5 (Like with what happened to the original Metroid Prime 2, now dubbed 1.5) which was cancelled.

Retro is making a new Metroid Prime 4. And its gonna be at least 2022 judging from history. Probably near the end of the Switch's lifetime. Just like Super Metroid...

Should note that Prime 2 was only released 2 years after the first and 3 was only released 3 years after the 2nd. Plus, I don't think Metroid games take quite as long as Zelda games; especially not as long as Breath of the Wild. I know the Prime games take longer than the 2D games, but even so; Metroid Prime isn't quite as long. Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 both have well over 200 hours of gameplay content. All the Prime games still had noticeably less than most Zelda games.

Still going to be a while yes, but it might be out in 2021 still. Just hope they didn't scrap the time shift mechanics; Samus needs Acausality type 2 or 3.

Prime 2 used the engine of Metroid Prime 1 and the people who made 1, so it could get 1 year ahead.

Metroid prime 4 doesn't have that advantage :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back