• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this, but even "Denser than normal" is vaguely arguing if it's refers to Zebesian and Tallon chemicals or just minerals and elements throughout the rest of the universe. But still fair to compare it to other parts of the planet; but on to the next point.
sandstone tho
I'm also aware of this, but fiction is still fiction. Appeal to tradition doesn't apply to materials that are basically a whole bunch of Mythril/Adamantium knock offs. I'm not even trying to argue one way or the other, but more so playing Devil's Advocate here. It's still a double negative situation here which means to basically stick with a neutral and depend on outside sources; such as the canonical mass report with later using the defunct website to justify the pending volume/radius once we get hands; and then just put those together to get the rest of the loose details in check.
Except it isn't, we get given sandstone as a reference.
I wouldn't say that, Earthly Materials such as Hydrogen or Oxygen could still exist on places with much higher or lower density even if miniscule proportions of it. Though would typically crumble with ease or some loose mixing with other alloys can be explanations; look up Ice-9 as a common example.
My brother in christ, SANDSTONE exists and is completely functional on the 960g planets.

The sandstone structures and whatnot would literally collapse and turn to dust under their own weight....
They do not tho, the mere existence of the ruins made of sandstone make 1000g Tallon pretty blatantly false.
Temperature can also effect density of objects greatly.
Tallon and Zebes have normal temperatures, hence why baby samus and everyone fine, only in the obvious places like Norfair/Phendrana, do they shift to the extreme/
I don't think "Fanon calculation" would even be a right term anymore if both respective numbers are literally given to us. It's just basic math. It's not fanon to say that 2+2=4. Given the source for our radius is defunct atm admittedly.
It isn't basic math, though.

Go out and ask some goon what gravity a planet that weighs 48x10^49 Tons and has a diameter of 1483189km gets. Can you do that even without a calculator dedicated to it?
Of course not, expecting you to would be unfair, but I'd expect you to know basic math yeah?
It's an actual calculation, and ya gotta remember that shit was 2001 too, Retro didn't have access to a random planet grav calculator, and even if they did we can't expect them to have used it.

The moment something becomes not-self-evident and we have to ask "did they realize that", we've already passed the ability to assume what they knew.

I'm still a Devil's Advocate here. And I doubt either one of us will see eye to eye here.
just post a statement man, straightup if they said 960g, or even "extreme grav" or something, i would not care
But my points that it would be brutally difficult to be 100% consistent and/or go that far into the gameplay still stand. In game technology would simply not be powerful enough to handle programming that fast combined with the fact that, most players would find such a platformer basically impossible.
This doesn't matter, they can convey it somehow, hell they could just SAY it.
And they do have the means to because they have.
I was never intending to argue against, but once again play Devil's Advocate. The 3 year old Samus part is reasonable, but unknowns are still just unknowns. That is all I am saying.
The 3 year old Samus is undeniable, we shouldn't have even had this many posts.

And there's next to zero unknowns, idk why ya say that, stuff like "the chozo secretly had this maybe" isnt an unknown, it's headcanon. And even if they did, it'd render every feat null anyway.
Whether or not there are "other" reasons that are unexplained or the writers weren't thinking when writing, so be it. Primary Canon parameters are still primary canon parameters.
Lad, that is the crux of the issue.
Fair, been a while. But in the OG Manga, I know it's still on Zebes albeit within the resting fields of Chozo base. But shortly after her augmentation she could do this. Even if we excluded the 960 G's, water shouldn't slow her down if she was capable of this as a naked 14 year old.
Water would slow her down still, it's 1000x denser than air? Yeah she'd move still, but it'd would affect her.
Would definitely affect her acrobatics, that leap she did is only like Class 5 btw.
I got nothing, but I'll simply agree to disagree. We simply do not know everything the Chozo has barring some trading technologies with Luminoths and other races with super advanced science fantasy tech. Or what alternative motives they could have for other things.
You can't assume stuff like this man. You could make an excuse for anything ever with this type of thinking.

I understand that, but if it's something a combination of staff and regular issues take great issues with, it does not excuse the problem. And not so much every posts, but there are some specifics far worse than others.
Not breaking any rules, no offense. Hell I even checked in when they added that filter if it was ok. Unless I specifically insult you, personally, not doing anything wrong.
This is a blatant insult to someone else's intelligence; and this is not the first time he's talked like that.

Are you talking about this line?
"And stop trying to be smart and just repeating what I say, it just makes you look bad man, you know better."

Dude, that was me saying stop being smart, as in, a smart-aleck, whatever the hell you wanna call it. Wasn't calling him dumb, I was saying stop trying to be a smartass by just copying my manner of speech, but yeah I'm the asshole uh huh🗿
but there have been instances where he almost got banned for calling someone some 4 letter C words that violate Fandom TOS slur word and sexually explicit swear word policy.
First off "instances", it happened once.
Second off, "Hey this happened ye-" ok so? They were an asshole, I called them a no-no word instead of an asshole, didn't know the whole western hemisphere treated that word like a hard slur, oops my bad, why are you digging up the past?
Minor note, Zero Mission was released after the manga. So lore details would be priority. Moreover, it consists of absolute minimums. But I need to double check what things factor calculating the range of gravitational fields as a first step. While not the most important thing in the world, even slight calculations that get pseudo decent results can still double as a game changer.
Samus being taken there was a toddler, is still a facet in ZM game, and even as recent as Dread.

And dog, the calculations still gotta be consistent, Zebes being anything but 1g is pretty set-in-stone bad, the pivotal plot the whole verse hinges on goes against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back