• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DDM the scale of the game doesn't always mean it's gonna take more time than a smaller made game. Especially if you're trying to get the level design, Atmosphere, and pretty much anything to make your metroidvania games as top notch as it can get.

I think we should expect a release window of at least 2021, but who knows what more complications can appear later.

We won't know 'till we know.

Yeah, I know, but Zelda also has the whole level designs and everything to capture Zelda's atmosphere, Xenoblade Chronicles also has all these numbers and all that, so it's not like that also has the share of complications. Though, I know it's still going to be lengthy, but still. 2021 does sound like a reasonable at least expected release date.

Zelda's Physics engine was what kept it getting delayed right?

Metroid wouldn't have something like that, right?

Actually they'll have to start again with the engine, so in theory, yeah that can happen @Warren.

@Dark Comparing the games isn't right, the team that makes the Zelda games have mostly Zelda experience, and even they take about 3yrs. Current Retro has experience with Donkey Kong.

Warren Valion said:
I think we should expect a release window of at least 2050, but who knows what more complications can appear later.

We won't know 'till we know.
FTFY

it'll come out before KH4 and FF7 remake, so 2049 is more likely. @Glass

In all seriousness though, a new 2-D Metroid could still come out late 2019 or early 2020.

All of the 124 Shrines have puzzles as well as the 4 main dungeons. Trial of the Sword also has a lot of complex obstacles; additionally, other Zelda games that came before it do fit similar categories to Prime like Ocarina of Time.

Didn't really hear Nintendo say much about a new 2D Metroid game, but I'll take it.

Ocarina of Time took like 5 years, not a good example. And again, comparing it to other franchises is just needlessly lowballing development time.

@DDM all 124? You're including the obligatory robot fights as a puzzle? They were hardly any different aside from having water or metal boxes from broken pillars

Enemy attack patterns do count as puzzles if you know what I mean. And I thought Ocarina only took 3 years; it started in 1995 and finished in 1998. And actually there's some that are different; some involve matching balls in the pits, and some have electricity things to move, some are Pinball like, ect.

1995 was when the Demon was out @DDM not when production began.

Also why use BotW too? It was 5+ years that we know of alone, much less the true beginning of production.

Also apples and oranges

Not really dude, especially if you can cheese your way through all of those robots with an ice and fire sword.

So I heard about the Prime 4 news and now I'm feeling some KH3 vibes rn ( first announced in 2013 and now it's surreal it's coming in a few days)

@Glass Try playing it on Hero Mode and with only 3 hearts, with nothing but boxer shorts; it's more puzzle like that way. Also don't forget Trial of the Sword and some puzzles required to summon Koroks. And some occasional overworld puzzles in the side quests.

@SD, BOTW was the first one I was comparing too. And yes, I know it was a long time but still. Prime 3 and Other M didn't take quite as long as the Zelda games for other reasons I mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back