• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metal Gear Discussion Thread

Random question, but is Raiden's Jamais Vu extra ops in MGSV a reference/sequel to Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eraser (MGS3 secret theater)? Especially since both have Raiden time travelling and the latter mentioning a metal gear solid 5
Uhhhh…you created a time paradox!!!!

Random question, but is Raiden's Jamais Vu extra ops in MGSV a reference/sequel to Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eraser (MGS3 secret theater)? Especially since both have Raiden time travelling and the latter mentioning a metal gear solid 5
I never played that mission so I have no idea.

Is Project Itoh's MGS4's novelization canon? I found some interesting stuff here, like Outer Haven being of "at least 2000 feet long" nevermind, i just remembered that we had the image for outer haven's official size

Last edited:
Is Project Itoh's MGS4's novelization canon? I found some interesting stuff here, like Outer Haven being of "at least 2000 feet long" nevermind, i just remembered that we had the image for outer haven's official size
yeah OH is like, 600m, which IS 2000ft so....
It isnt canon, but it's like 3 steps from canon. The only thing that's actually really worth it, is actual plot stuff like snake's death.

According to this, plasma can reach temperatures of up to 11,600 Kelvin
Assuming Raiden can withstand RAY’s plasma blasts, this should be where his resistance should be at, with it being further enhanced by his custom cyborg body

Upscales from BB (3473K), re-entry (3033k), Plasma (11600k), the funny microwave oven (turned space age heat res fibers into a melted mess and was said to be able to vaporize dudes).
But, it's probably way more, HF weapons generate heat, I dont really know how much, but I imagine it's ******* dumb as shit.

TMOF would bump it up too quite a bunch, but idk how we feel scaling Venom to him even slightly.

Upscales from BB (3473K), re-entry (3033k), Plasma (11600k), the funny microwave oven (turned space age heat res fibers into a melted mess and was said to be able to vaporize dudes).
But, it's probably way more, HF weapons generate heat, I dont really know how much, but I imagine it's ******* dumb as shit.

TMOF would bump it up too quite a bunch, but idk how we feel scaling Venom to him even slightly.
How much progress of the MG revision stuff have you made? I've heard you've been working on it for 2 years at this point

How much progress of the MG revision stuff have you made? I've heard you've been working on it for 2 years at this point
A lot, then it regressed because some stuff got deleted, and now it's just whenever I'm bored i tack shit to it.
Honestly if Konami didn't have MGS4 locked away and emulators suck, prob be done by now. It's moreso just getting clips of shit that i need to personally get because it's niche, but no way to record it.

If they released the second master collection with MGS4, would that be enough? (1080p and 60fps, like they did with MGS2/3) Or is the quality still too low?

A lot, then it regressed because some stuff got deleted, and now it's just whenever I'm bored i tack shit to it.
Honestly if Konami didn't have MGS4 locked away and emulators suck, prob be done by now. It's moreso just getting clips of shit that i need to personally get because it's niche, but no way to record it.
Out of curiosity, what exactly are you looking for? Is it stuff like Snake's Combat High effect, special camos and stuff like that?

Out of curiosity, what exactly are you looking for? Is it stuff like Snake's Combat High effect, special camos and stuff like that?
Like actual niche shit that is yet still relevant.

Like did you know Snake can tackle Crying Wolf, and she actually reacts to it and trips and staggers, a whole unique animation and action? You can infinitely stun lock her by doing so. That's pretty good given she's kinda ******* buff, like a 100 ton bulldozer didn't make her budge.

Have fun finding a clip of that online.

Now like, imagine a hundred things like that.
Also yeah those too.

"I'm afraid it's been... not nine years"
im-afraid-it-has-been-9-years-v0-cukwcgvrnaoa1.png

Old Snake is going to be 8-A right? He can pretty much withstand whatever Vamp does to him and restrain him as well, and also being able to trip over Gekko (when 4 of them could restrain Raiden)

Back