• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metal Gear Discussion Thread

This is genuinely insane and I respect it lol. Realistically though how long is it gonna take until we even get to make a CRT?
Enough.
Maybe it'd be easier to do this in stages instead of trying to do everything at once?
The way I go about CRTs is a bit diff now, I want it to be done all at once in a way where it's like "yeah it'll never have to be touched again" because every feat, weapon, and so on has been extensively cataloged and indexed. Which is mostly why my stuff takes awhile, from feat boxes, and so on. Don't wanna be like the OPM goons where shit changes every other tuesday or "hey we found this feat", like nah man, I'll index Snake's snake if i gotta, if it exists, it's being made a point of.
and im old so doing it in stages makes me lose my place
Also idk if this helps but I found a video of every weapon in MGSV
Need them formatted in a way to make gifs while demonstrating range, stats, and so on. Atm it's the online weapons I need done, I 100% the base game like two years ago.
Yeah yeah I get it's censored cause Google but I'm saying that you enjoy the pain of doing it in order to actually continue with it
Untitled32_20220928034315.png

I wanna be free.

The way I go about CRTs is a bit diff now, I want it to be done all at once in a way where it's like "yeah it'll never have to be touched again" because every feat, weapon, and so on has been extensively cataloged and indexed. Which is mostly why my stuff takes awhile, from feat boxes, and so on. Don't wanna be like the OPM goons where shit changes every other tuesday or "hey we found this feat", like nah man, I'll index Snake's snake if i gotta, if it exists, it's being made a point of.
and im old so doing it in stages makes me lose my place
Fair.
Need them formatted in a way to make gifs while demonstrating range, stats, and so on. Atm it's the online weapons I need done, I 100% the base game like two years ago.
Oh yeah, those FOB weapons that take literal days in real time to develop...
venom-snake-scream.gif

Fair.

Oh yeah, those FOB weapons that take literal days in real time to develop...
venom-snake-scream.gif
Yeah, those. I'd have finished indexing MGSV like, 15 months ago if not for those. I obviously can't let the game and TV idle at all times too so like, it takes a while.

The main hurdle is MGS4 btw, I need to figure out a way to get the long, long, gone, unobtainable DLC items for the optional equipment tab in Snake's MGS4 key. Might need to resort to emu and cheats to just give every item in the game's data.

Nah, I wanna redo them.

1 I can get higher res scaling, can cut a step out and account for some wacky ass shadow depth, maybe even rip the actual in game texture too.

2 I can get more accurate pixel scaling, plus my calc has it like 30cm back so it's actually a bit more, atop of a better rip Mpa. A hyperaccurate value would be more like 10m tons, aka, his best feat atm, so it's actually important to be done very precisely.

And 3, I can get a more accurate by using REX's material components and blue prints instead of just going lmao steel. Can also slap the fuel tanks on it and weaponry.

Not worth it, the shuttle would have taken the vast majority of energy, idk if it'd even be that far into 9-B tbh. The feat is mostly good for radiation and heat res.

There's a slew of feats I wanna calc, or already have to get a rough number. Port Ops has some decent ones like BB being about 17m away from a Saturn 7 rocket blast and getting hit by the exhaust.

To note, this shit is lethal, it melts concrete and the soundwave alone is lethal, irl the minimum viewing distance is about 800m-1km.

There's a slew of feats I wanna calc, or already have to get a rough number. Port Ops has some decent ones like BB being about 17m away from a Saturn 7 rocket blast and getting hit by the exhaust.

To note, this shit is lethal, it melts concrete and the soundwave alone is lethal, irl the minimum viewing distance is about 800m-1km.
That sounds really good but would it still only be in the 8-C range? Also we're considering Portable Ops 100% canon?

So we're working on an entire overhaul of the canon verse but would we ever make profiles for any non-canon games like the NES timeline or the AC!D games?

So we're working on an entire overhaul of the canon verse but would we ever make profiles for any non-canon games like the NES timeline or the AC!D games?
Anyone can make any profile they want, I mean MGR at the time they were made was deemed "non-canon", as long as the profile done right it's fine, unless it's Survive, in which case it isn't allowed.

Was thinking of doing a Babel and comic profile eventually.

Anyone can make any profile they want, I mean MGR at the time they were made was deemed "non-canon", as long as the profile done right it's fine, unless it's Survive, in which case it isn't allowed.

Was thinking of doing a Babel and comic profile eventually.
I think you'd actually have to enjoy pain if you wanted to make profiles for Survive.

Just finished MGS4. I’ve played through each mainline game now excluding Ground Zeroes. I know opinions are mixed on the game but I really loved it and saving it for last was definitely worth it.

The movie allegations are really funny but I think the gameplay is overlooked. Honestly some of the best the series has to offer imo especially South America.

It's been a year, but I still wanted to share it.

Man, probably the hardest thing I've played.

At levels that sometimes seemed unfair (almost any normal attack was a hit kill)

It was a game from 0 (since I had already finished the game on xbox360, when I downloaded the game I went straight to the hardest mode).

Maybe someday I'll try it again but this time without making any upgrades along the way.
Captura-de-tela-2024-04-17-033646.png

Last edited:
It's been a year, but I still wanted to share it.

Man, probably the hardest thing I've played.

At levels that sometimes seemed unfair (almost any normal attack was a hit kill)

It was a game from 0 (since I had already finished the game on xbox360, when I downloaded the game I went straight to the hardest mode).

Maybe someday I'll try it again but this time without making any upgrades along the way.
Captura-de-tela-2024-04-17-033646.png
You talking about Rising?

Just parry, everything basically dies instantly in Revengeance difficulty when you parry
Most of the bosses were perhaps easier than normal mode because of this.

Monsoon, Sundowner, Sam, metal gear excelsus were easy. Especially Excelsus, which I only defended (remaining with 0.1% health) and attacking.

Mistral and Armstrong were very complicated, especially Mistral.

The GRADs on the R-02 mission were horrible. There were two to fight, in a small room full of explosives. Even with the perfect parry they barely took damage.
-
-
Since in this mode any common attack is a hit kill, enemies that attack quickly and more consistently are more difficult to deal with than bosses that are generally slower in this sense.

Facing robot gorillas in this mode is hell.

Back