• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metal Gear Discussion Thread

But still why is REX's laser accepted but not any other laser?
Depends on if they meet the qualifications, I personally am not sure tho myself and don't have time to review footage deep diving into every laser but it'd also be outlier territory too tbh

Depends on if they meet the qualifications, I personally am not sure tho myself and don't have time to review footage deep diving into every laser but it'd also be outlier territory too tbh
I'll see if the Excelsus laser applies as being a SoL laser too, so then this calc could be used

I might also include an upgrade for Jetstream Sam removing the "At most City level+" in his profile to just being "City level+"

It says if other speeds feats/scaling are close to SoL it can support it, and the Excelsus is a far superior model to Rex who's accepted as being incredibly near FTL, with Raiden having Sub Relativistic feats and scales to Relativistic. It also holds no contradictions at all for being a laser from what I've seen

It says if other speeds feats/scaling are close to SoL it can support it, and the Excelsus is a far superior model to Rex who's accepted as being incredibly near FTL, with Raiden having Sub Relativistic feats and scales to Relativistic. It also holds no contradictions at all for being a laser from what I've seen
I don't want to be that guy but technically Excelsus isn't actually a Metal Gear model, it just has the name Metal Gear due to marketing purposes, something that's explained if you use the Codec to call your allies during the boss fight.

Last edited:
He's comparable in base to Armstrong who can match his Ripper Mode, that's the whole reason why the Ripper Mode multiplier isn't accepted
No? The hell have you been?

It isn't accepted because the actual multiplier has never been directly stated in media, we just know what it is from gameplay. If the speed amp was never flat-out stated (it's said in the piggyback guide), It'd be treated the same too. We just treat RM as an unquantifiable large amp atm due to that.

Armstrong never even canonically matches his RM too, and Raiden very much ISNT comparable in base to him, like, Raiden got memed on for half that fight.

No? The hell have you been?

It isn't accepted because the actual multiplier has never been directly stated in media, we just know what it is from gameplay. If the speed amp was never flat-out stated (it's said in the piggyback guide), It'd be treated the same too. We just treat RM as an unquantifiable large amp atm due to that.

Armstrong never even canonically matches his RM too, and Raiden very much ISNT comparable in base to him, like, Raiden got memed on for half that fight.
The current multipliers page has it like this, which already has many issues on its own

So? That has nothing to do with how we treat Raiden, or anything you said, really.

No statement, so we don't slap hard value, nothing more, nothing less, that is how RM is treated. And inversely why we accept RM 10x speed.

Would need to calc more feats to find out what's consistent, unfortunately, a good chunk involves metal displacement, and idk wtf that thread concluded with.

If we're gonna axe the city block level scaling, what other feat should we use?
This one I'm not to sure about, cause iicr he takes no damage whatsoever while inside but when outside of it he takes severe damage
This one seems like the far better of the two
Not sure if we can calc it or not but how much KE do you think Venom Snake surviving attacks from Sahelanthropus could get us?

Idk about KE, but Sahel has a PE feat where it jumps hundreds of meters, there's also him dropping down in its debut, but I'm not sure if it jumped or Mantis dropped it, well it'd be dura eitherway.
It breaking rocks vary between 9-A+ and low 8-C.

Metallic Archaea could be decent, some chunks would get 8-C.

Sahel's best feat is likely only High 8-C tho, unless he actually did jump across the map to engage you in the Huey rescue.
You are chariot and chariot is you
persona3-opening-movie.gif

That calc is dogshit for like 4 reason so yeah, but it does remind me, P-Bombs can blow out steel walls, so that's an easy calc, might be 8-C.

Yeah but I haven't edited them in like 1.5+ years so not exactly worth looking at, fandom lags after a certain byte point. I edit them in stickynotes.

And everything, if it was just stat changes it'd be done and over with, but it's a complete comprehensive overhaul and index of effectively every profile. Plus new profiles like Kaz.

Like even just Venom I'm still working on getting every weapon in MGSV so I can make clips of them I usually just have venom lay in a back of a truck and have it ride me around and autofarm mats from my bases and stuff, the amount of shit that actually needs doing goes beyond just going on yt and clipping a walkthrough, a chunk of what's left needs actual manual gathering.

Yeah but I haven't edited them in like 1.5+ years so not exactly worth looking at, fandom lags after a certain byte point. I edit them in stickynotes.

And everything, if it was just stat changes it'd be done and over with, but it's a complete comprehensive overhaul and index of effectively every profile. Plus new profiles like Kaz.

Like even just Venom I'm still working on getting every weapon in MGSV so I can make clips of them I usually just have venom lay in a back of a truck and have it ride me around and autofarm mats from my bases and stuff, the amount of shit that actually needs doing goes beyond just going on yt and clipping a walkthrough, a chunk of what's left needs actual manual gathering.
So what you're saying is you're a ********* to do this crap?

This is genuinely insane and I respect it lol. Realistically though how long is it gonna take until we even get to make a CRT? Maybe it'd be easier to do this in stages instead of trying to do everything at once. Also idk if this helps but I found a video of every weapon in MGSV

Last edited:
Back