• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Firephoenixearl said:
Ugh if i count correctly, it is actually rather even. Welp, damn it.
Could you post the tally anyway?

Firephoenixearl said:
I am always here to support and give Medaka Box some love, the show is far greater than the recognition it gets
I agree with this wholeheartedly. It was actually because of you I even found the series.

Firephoenixearl said:
And below i will post my opinion of you ovo

Finally, A Worthy Opponent , Our Battle Will Be Legendary! (Kung Fu Panda)
Finally, A Worthy Opponent , Our Battle Will Be Legendary! (Kung Fu Panda)
Agreed, and I know right? Feeling is totes mutual by now.

One way or another it even helps to bring me back memories of the great moments and the nostalgia of reading the series for the very first time. I still remember anxiously waiting for the next chapters, day by day. Ah, those were the times.

Sorry for not answering this on weekend, I had the headache of my life for two days straight. And I do pray we will find the novels and more Kumagawa in Suisou before our lives come to an end.

On the novels I just got amazing news, a translator's interested in working on the Medaka Box LNs.

We're still discussing planning (he wants them in ebook/scanned form but those don't exist yet) but there's a real chance here.

Agnaa said:
On the novels I just got amazing news, a translator's interested in working on the Medaka Box LNs.
We're still discussing planning (he wants them in ebook/scanned form but those don't exist yet) but there's a real chance here.
I will get the Novel the next week normally, but i'll take a break from VSB too so i'll probably make a contact to you about the scans

Agnaa said:
Ayy!

Agnaa said:

0E778F98-AF96-403A-93A5-5D56AFBB0A43
YES! I want more of mah boi Kumagawa

I believe the two Kumagawa LN's are about his time at Suisou and how he messed everything up, the OVA where we got Kumagawa nuking concepts was set around the same time as well.

I just want to see the LN's translated, it's surprising that they've been out for 7-8 years and still nothing.

Geeman2 said:
I believe the two Kumagawa LN's are about his time at Suisou and how he messed everything up, the OVA where we got Kumagawa nuking concepts was set around the same time as well.

I just want to see the LN's translated, it's surprising that they've been out for 7-8 years and still nothing.
The LN Causality's buying (and hence, the one that's gonna be translated) has had the first chapter translated twice, but then the translators dropped it...

Firephoenixearl said:
is it that boring?
I know this is a joke but apparently Nisio's LNs are just much harder to translate than other LNs. Having more complicated Kanji. A lot of translators get started on one of his books then quit quickly when they realize this.

The translator that came to me has already translated multiple full novels from Nisio, so we won't have this issue.

Nisio loves his puns and word play. I imagine it would be pretty hard to get across, but I'm glad we have found someone who is already familiar with the territory

SleepyTBubble said:
By ebook/scanned, you mean like this? (This is the Kumagawa LN if you guys are asking and yes i have both of them)
This seems mostly good, but are the other ones higher res so the translator could zoom in more? Everything on that page is readable but the translator's worried that complex kanji might turn into an unreadable blob.

If you don't have any better, could you just send all of the scans over anyway? If there's an issue on any page we could just re-scan the pages from Causality's copy.

This is actually a low quality pic i took as the images are in tiff format which couldn't let me ulpoad them in so i had to just gyazo it

You can zoom in yeah. I'll get to this after i wake up as i am in bed now and currently sleep (just woke up mid night)

@Agnaa I'll get the volume tomorrow if everything is fine also, you can call me Dodo, it's more easy, that's was my first name before i maked another account

I'am going to sleep too.

SleepyTBubble said:
The link for the LNs

https://mega.nz/#!AWwzxIRJ!aeKSKNoBcPz2XHvbOJR5T38Ydynob23llJSO_7-1VQM

(If by any means there's some issue, state it so that i can fix it. I did test it though and it works)
Apparently pages 168-169 for the first volume are missing; the two pages after the picture. A rescan of page 27 would be nice too.

(I can't actually check it because the filenames are too long for me to extract on my computer)

@Causality @SleepyTBubble The translator's having trouble reading page 27, could one of you two rescan it (or take a picture of it with your phone)?

Antvasima said:
So what are the conclusions here?
Inconclusive on Universal Medaka Box. Both me and Fate admited that the debate could go on for way more so we just decided to drop it, and the number of votes is rather comparable, so inconclusive. We're just here for the novels at this point.

Okay. What information have you learned from the Medaka and Kumagawa novels?

Oh. That is interesting, especially further information about Najimi, Medaka's father and foster mother, and the Tsurubami family.

Back