• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Tier 6 Upgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also was the abilisk storm scaling rejected? And if yes, why so?
Something something no universal power source for Abilisk allowing the storm to scale to physical feats.

Also Thor's Bifrost bridge breaking feat is kinda on shaky grounds (Thor might not have used his full might until at the last blow in the first movie), using his fight against Hela is a better metric. He might've lost, but he did way better than when he got his eye ripped out this time around and could even pin down Hela on several occasions, heck, she's not even the same weakened Hela anymore that destroyed Mjolnir, remember, she was growing stronger every moment she stayed on Asgard, and only Surtur could one shot her.

About Ikaris's cloud feat, I rewatched the scene and it seems to take shorter than 4.3 seconds for the clouds to disperse, or am I missing something?
Yeah it seems to be only around 2 seconds.
I put it on a stopwatch and got 2.16 seconds, and thats a human eye an actual calculator and it would be faster.
I simply calced it from the frame before we went out into space, to when we could not see the part of the cloud being dispered anymore.
Maybe they did it from as soon as we could not see ikaris anymore and doing that got me 4.43 but theres no way ikaris hit the clouds at that point as we would of been saw them dispered from there

she's not even the same weakened Hela anymore that destroyed Mjolnir, remember, she was growing stronger every moment she stayed on Asgard, and only Surtur could one shot her.
Definitely an oversight on our part since I haven't seen this brought up yet and that weakened hela destroyed basically a solid chunk of uru and then got stronger since she like immediately went to asguard with a decent amount of time passing and thor fighting the her

Speaking of what was thanos's blade made of or was it just some randomly strong material

Speaking of what was thanos's blade made of or was it just some randomly strong material
Apparently Russo Brothers stated that the blade was potentially forged by Eitri, meaning Uru is the only logical explanation. But I can't find that interview anywhere.

EDIT: Found it. But it says "Potentially" so it's prolly up in the air.

Though I hear that the semi-canonical MCU tie-in novel Thanos: Titan Consumed also states that Thanos has a preference for Asgardian weaponry, so who knows?

It was possibly rejected somewhere along the line but since it was stated Thena would be able to give serious trouble to Captain Marvel, including in binary form, to the point it would be difficult to know who would win in a fight, can she scale to Marvel? And can the other fighters of the Eternals scale as well?

Also Thor's Bifrost bridge breaking feat is kinda on shaky grounds (Thor might not have used his full might until at the last blow in the first movie), using his fight against Hela is a better metric. He might've lost, but he did way better than when he got his eye ripped out this time around and could even pin down Hela on several occasions, heck, she's not even the same weakened Hela anymore that destroyed Mjolnir, remember, she was growing stronger every moment she stayed on Asgard, and only Surtur could one shot her.
I feel like there's no reason for Thor to hold back in the first movie when breaking the bridge tbh.

Also I'm if we do remove the Ragnarok bridge feat, that means all Awakened Thor level characters should be like At most 6-C again.

It was possibly rejected somewhere along the line but since it was stated Thena would be able to give serious trouble to Captain Marvel, including in binary form, to the point it would be difficult to know who would win in a fight, can she scale to Marvel? And can the other fighters of the Eternals scale as well?
Only Binary Form Carol would scale to Ikaris' value as that's the version that was talked about against Thena was it not.

I feel like there's no reason for Thor to hold back in the first movie when breaking the bridge tbh.
There is, simply because of the emotional toll of losing Jane.

Also I'm if we do remove the Ragnarok bridge feat, that means all Awakened Thor level characters should be like At most 6-C again.
I don't think so, Mjolnir was shattered by a severely-weakened Hela, Awakened Thor fought a Hela that is most definitely leaps and bounds beyond her weakened self and actually landed a few good hits on her, and she returned the favor back.

Qawsedf also said the following here:

"But if we are going with 6-C it would solely be with rainbow bridge scaling (which is sorta suspect since Thor's 7-A feat was with a charged lightning amped mjolnir strike). Even then he wouldn't be 10x Thor's AP since you don't need to have 10x power of something to replicate the damage of ten strikes since energy doesn't scale linearly like that."

And I'm afraid he has a point on that.

I don't think so, Mjolnir was shattered by a severely-weakened Hela, Awakened Thor fought a Hela that is most definitely leaps and bounds beyond her weakened self and actually landed a few good hits on her, and she returned the favor back.
That implies Awakened Thor to be stronger than the 6-C value, when we know he's clearly not considering he needed to get a new weapon just to beat Thanos.

It also brings in other problems since one of Iron Man's main points for 6-C is that he was the only guy to harm Thanos up to that point as well as the guy who earned Thanos respect, when the same couldn't be said for Thor.

TL;DR I don't think Thor should fully scale to the 5.8 gigaton value

That implies Awakened Thor to be stronger than the 6-C value, when we know he's clearly not considering he needed to get a new weapon just to beat Thanos.

It also brings in other problems since one of Iron Man's main points for 6-C is that he was the only guy to harm Thanos up to that point as well as the guy who earned Thanos respect, when the same couldn't be said for Thor.

TL;DR I don't think Thor should fully scale to the 5.8 gigaton value
Well, to be fair, he still lost to Hela, despite landing two solid hits, Hela got him more times than he did his sister. He still downscales, just that the stronger version of Hela means that there's no reason for the "At most" to remain at all.

He'd be 6-C, below 5.8 gigatons, but above baseline.

But can we use that to make Thena's profile?
I mean she already has scaling to Ikaris IIRC so why not.

But if we do use the Eternals scaling, guys like Thanos and co. should scale to Relativistic.
Also this should mean Binary Form Captain Marvel characters and this who react to her could get Relativistic speed. Thanos was able to surprise and hit Carol with the power stone before she could react. And plenty of characters scale to Thanos.

Well, to be fair, he still lost to Hela, despite landing two solid hits, Hela got him more times than he did his sister. He still downscales, just that the stronger version of Hela means that there's no reason for the "At most" to remain at all.

However, this kinda puts the High 7-A rating of Hulk into question.

Well, to be fair, he still lost to Hela. He still downscales, just that the stronger version of Hela means that there's no reason for the "At most" to remain at all.

Fair? But at the same time I feel like it may conjure up confusion.

Also rewatching the fight again. Is there any clarification on what binary mode Carol actually is? I assumed when she was always glowing, but that's never stated afaik, and majority of the time she glows when she's fighting, which makes scaling what her base is to be questionable?

That and finally, her glowing mode seems to probably vary in power. One moment she goes from relatively on par to Thanos to straight up overpowering him seconds later.

Fair? But at the same time I feel like it may conjure up confusion.
Not exactly sure how that would conjure up confusion.

Asgard Hela is still way stronger than Awakened Thor but he managed to land two good hits on her, which is already decent-enough ground to downscale, but at the same time, he took hits from her and didn't fare as bad as when he lost his eye, and they both scale well above Hela's weakened form, who crushed Mjolnir, which pretty much has equal durability with the Uru Infinity Gauntlet.

However, we got no idea how many times Asgard Hela is stronger than her weakened self, and almost all the time stomps never scale linearly with multipliers or percentage increases.

Not exactly sure how that would conjure up confusion.

Asgard Hela is still way stronger than Awakened Thor but he managed to land two good hits on her, which is already decent-enough ground to downscale, but at the same time, he took hits from her and didn't fare as bad as when he lost his eye, and they both scale above Hela's weakened form, who crushed Mjolnir, which pretty much has equal durability with the Uru Infinity Gauntlet.
I mean people assuming that Thor fully scales to 5.8 Gigatons.

Ok so apparently, Binary form is just her current regular form.

That's weird but ok. If there really is no difference then I guess Thanos probably downscales.

About Ikaris's cloud feat, I rewatched the scene and it seems to take shorter than 4.3 seconds for the clouds to disperse, or am I missing something?
Yeah it seems to be only around 2 seconds.
I put it on a stopwatch and got 2.16 seconds, and thats a human eye an actual calculator and it would be faster.
I simply calced it from the frame before we went out into space, to when we could not see the part of the cloud being dispered anymore.
Maybe they did it from as soon as we could not see ikaris anymore and doing that got me 4.43 but theres no way ikaris hit the clouds at that point as we would of been saw them dispered from there
Also seems like 2 seconds to me. The clouds stopped expanding after 2 seconds.

Using two seconds, I did a rough calc and got 4614.3916305164912046 Gigatons or Small Country level+. I may have ****** up somewhere? Can a calc member help pls.

EDIT: Using 2.16 seconds, I got 3956.0957274909178523 Gigatons. Still Low 6-B+.

Last edited:
Also seems like 2 seconds to me. The clouds stopped expanding after 2 seconds.

Using two seconds, I did a rough calc and got 4614.3916305164912046 Gigatons or Small Country level+. I may have ****** up somewhere? Can a calc member help pls.

EDIT: Using 2.16 seconds, I got 3956.0957274909178523 Gigatons. Still Low 6-B+.
Y'all use the curvature formula and frame-by-frame for it? Also what cloud thickness did y'all use?

Or is it the small hole near South America? In which case the curvature formula doesn't need to be used since we see the full planet.

NVM, I used the wrong formula lmao.

Using 2 seconds, I got 76.906527174952202586 Gigatons or Island level+. Using 2.16 seconds, I got 65.934928800191201503 Gigatons of TNT, also Island level+. Not bad.

I did the same calc, just changing the timeframe to 2.16 seconds, and I got 6.8967903124×10^20 Joules or 164.83724456 Gigatons of TNT (Large Island level). I probably did something wrong

I'm using the current calc. Just adjusting the speed to see the result if 2 seconds was the timeframe.
The calcs need some correction, and all the calcs using curvature formula should have the deg after 35.

Ikaris's Sun-travelling feat doesn't need the curvature formula (Because the entire planet is visible). Though if that's rejected, well, it's rejected.

Also Ikaris's cloud dispersion should just be normal brute-force KE because the clouds are hurled upwards into space as he flies, it'd be akin to pushing out a massive cylindrical chunk out of a metal sheet with a pressing machine.

4.3 was suggested to me a while after I first made the calc. At first I did use 2 seconds but since the clouds were already half way through parting someone suggested adding in the time it took Ikaris to leave in the previous shot in as well.

The calcs need some correction, and all the calcs using curvature formula should have the deg after 35.
This is the first thing that needs to be fixed with the calcs at the moment. As the Curvature page states:

Corrected planet diameter = sqrt(1-(tan(35)(planet diameter in pixels/panel height in pixels))^2/((tan(35)(planet diameter in pixels/panel height in pixels))^2+1))*planet diameter

If typing this formula into a calculator pay heed that the tangent is calculated in degrees, not radians.

So the actual formula would be:

Corrected planet diameter = sqrt(1-(tan(35deg)(planet diameter in pixels/panel height in pixels))^2/((tan(35deg)(planet diameter in pixels/panel height in pixels))^2+1))*planet diameter

4.3 was suggested to me a while after I first made the calc. At first I did use 2 seconds but since the clouds were already half way through parting someone suggested adding in the time it took Ikaris to leave in the previous shot in as well.
I don't think that's the case as the clouds stopped moving after 2 seconds in the clip

I don't think that's the case as the clouds stopped moving after 2 seconds in the clip
Yeah the part that moved stopped after 2 seconds but in the clip they were already part way through moving even before the 2 seconds.

Not trying to justify the 4.3 seconds really, honestly should’ve just calculated the movement itself and not the potential movement but yeah.

This is the first thing that needs to be fixed with the calcs at the moment. As the Curvature page states:

Corrected planet diameter = sqrt(1-(tan(35)(planet diameter in pixels/panel height in pixels))^2/((tan(35)(planet diameter in pixels/panel height in pixels))^2+1))*planet diameter

If typing this formula into a calculator pay heed that the tangent is calculated in degrees, not radians.

So the actual formula would be:

Corrected planet diameter = sqrt(1-(tan(35deg)(planet diameter in pixels/panel height in pixels))^2/((tan(35deg)(planet diameter in pixels/panel height in pixels))^2+1))*planet diameter
Guys please notice me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back