• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So does this mean Interdimensional/2-C Range for the Aether (When in Convergence)/Space Stone/Bifrost/Jump Points (MCU Spaceship Portals)?
I don't think so, the Nine Realms aren't spatio-temporally separated from each other for obvious reasons, so they wouldn't qualify as different space-times as per our standards, it would just make the main universe 9 times larger than baseline (observable universe), which is supported by other things like Vormir being the center of Celestial existence and Ego being outside the edge of the known universe

IIRC weren't the Gates of Eternity stated to be in the center of the universe as well?
True, I guess being the very center of Celestial existence doesn't mean being the center of the universe then
And Eternity's Realm is only accessible through the Gates?
Yes, the Bifrost is its only key which serves as an interdimensional bridge, although Eternity's Realm has no relation with the Nine Realms so I doubt we can say that it is also universal in size, another similar place is the realm where the Aether was hidden which is interdimensional and can only be accessed through a portal of the same nature

True, I guess being the very center of Celestial existence doesn't mean being the center of the universe then
Or maybe Vormir is in the center of Midgard (The Realm not the Planet) or some other Realm? With it being the same for Eternity's Gates (Since you still need to reconstruct the Hallway when you arrive there).

Or maybe Vormir is a Planet whereas the Gates of Eternity are some sort of pocket dimension in the Center of the universe (IIRC Gorr had to Shadow Travel, Thor had to use Thunderbolt to teleport, and Jane had to use Pegasus' portal ability to get there, while the children had to use the Bifrost to get out)

Just finished watching episode 2 of Secret Invasion.

Gravik seems to tear through chains offscreen, consistent with the feat Talos previously demonstrated.

It seems pretty clear that Gravik's faction is working on a Super Skrull project using samples from Groot, Cull Obsidian, a Frost Beast, and an Extremis user. Whether or not this eventually results in any Skrulls scaling to Low 7-C to 6-B remains to be seen. Gravik did indicate that he was accounting for potentially having to deal with the Avengers though...

"There is not enough room or tolerance on this planet for another species!" I imagine that line might become more relevant in future projects...

Last edited:
If the Nine Realms being of universal size is accepted I think the only ones affected would be IG Thanos and Arishem, would they simply be 9 times above baseline or is there a way to calculate the feat?
Wouldn't Aether Malekith recieve it as well, at least as a form of Environmtal Destruction? Same for the Aether itself, shouldn't it be used for the Stone itself?

Also, where was it stated Vormir is the center of Celestial existence?

Seapking about Ego, I think I've already posted it somewhere but here's something I thought.

Ego says his planet is not bigger than Earth's moon. Yet it seems the planet has Earth-like gravity since people can walk on it like on Earth and breath normally. Considering the size of the planet and the fact the whole interior is made of caverns, that he'd have to be extremely dense at that size to have our gravity and atmosphere. Since he created the planet to begin with, that would give him at least Density Manipulation and perhaps Gravity Manipulation

I don't know how it slipped my mind. Shuri should know a fair bit about uru given SHIELD melted the Destroyer down into a weapon.

Unrelated but some reason it feels weird to have the destroyer be above the Hulk and weakened Thor. That just seems really iffy to me
Like, you have this weapon that has the firepower that could one shot the Hulk, and you never bring it up again for the second Avengers movie since your know, Iron Man has the Hulkbuster and shit like that

That bums. So many statements on The Destroyer being nearly indestructible, and yet nothing states it is uru. It looks to be undamaged when SHIELD picks it up, too. Oh well.

Side note, what exactly puts it at 283 megatons? Some random calc?

Given the Mk50/85 can power the lasers that should still be 200 petawatt, wouldn't that put those arc reactors far beyond the past the Mk43 10 terajoule arc reactors? Rescue was able to damage a regulars with her hand repulors.

The movie shows its head being damaged when Thor bullrushed into its head

Doesn't seem like mere meters to me
I guess so. The plates are bends and stuff. Granted, Mjolnir pretty solid, while The Destroyer isn't.

It looks like 100 meters or so.

These images suck, but it's clear on Disney+.

Interesting, it looks like between blasting Thor and ramming him into the side of that mountain, he used up a 100% portion of his amped 475%.

Last edited:
Idk. The fact that there are two other statements that give a clearer picture of the scale to Thor's shockwave makes me doubt it
It's a case of the primary material being one thing and the secondary material being another. Really looking at it and it looks like the area flattened is basically only around 2 tree lengths. Had the area actually even resembled a mile in diameter, it could've been chocked up to angles and stuff, but this straight up different. At least the Jotenheim feet had the benefit of a visible crack later in the movie. You could probably calc the tree widths to figure it out, or just figure out the tree lengths (no idea on the species).

It's very obvious when something is that far away. It is a shame that didn't happen, but they've cut/lessened cooler things from films any how.

Though I'm not sure how applicable of a method it would be for this, I decided to briefly attempt finding the GPE of a Talokanil hydro bomb, using the VFX statement of a hydro bomb explosion being 70 feet high and generating 200,000 gallons of water:

70 feet = 21.336 meters

200,000 gallons of water = 757082.3568 kg

757082.3568 kg*(21.336/2)*9.81 = 79231000.4528 joules, 0.01893666358814553 tons (9-A)

That's something, I guess.

Considering the missile explosions were a decent size and destroyed parts of rock formations, they probably would be worth calcing.

As a note, the Talokanil hydro bombs might be useful for scaling, as Okoye does withstand one exploding at close range. I'm not sure if the GPE method I attempted using earlier would be the correct one to use or not, but if it is, that could provide more support for 9-A peak humans.

Living in a French city currently be like:

a9b1471_17806-xsb5q2.jpg

Let's see if I can estimate what results Falcon obliterating a NH90 helicopter with an explosive would give:

Empty weight of NH90 = 14,110 lbs - 6400188.34 grams

Density Of steel = 8.05 g/cm3

6400188.34 x 8.05 = 51521516.137

Fragmentation Of Steel: 51521516.137 x 208 = 10716475356.5 J or 2.561299081381482 Tons Of TNT (Large Building level)

Violent Fragmentation Of Steel: 51521516.137 x 568.5 = 29289981923.9 J or 7.000473691180767 Tons Of TNT (Large Building level+)

Back