• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently Malekith has this in his AP Section:

I made a blog containing all the things that I could find regarding the Aether and more, explaining why I think the "5-B up to 3-A" AP rating should be removed from Malekith's AP section and just be used for his Range Section.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:OneBleachHurricane/Malekith_5-B_up_to_3-A_Revision

This would affect these profiles:

AGREED (Staff): Lonkitt, Qawsedf234, LephyrTheRevanchist, Dalesean027, Emirp sumitpo, Marvel_Champion_07, Starter_Pack, Propellus, Damage3245, KingTempest

AGREED (Member): Excel616

DISAGREED:

Last edited:
I'll wait for other arguments before I agree or disagree but I can see the point your trying to make.

I agree with this. The statements and such imply this to be much more hax based than simply AP based

How exactly? Like homie is completely changing the universe to suit his people and only his people, felling it and changing it with dark matter and energy
Well first of all, the feat I described as an example of hax allowing for an AP rating is Low 2-C. That’s changing space, reality, and time. That last part tends to include history itself. VERY different feat

Second of all, when looking at the specific nature of the Aether’s feat, it’s not quite as potent. Like it was stated in the movie, the effect would be on a universal range, but it’s not as though this is a huge straight up 3-A feat

Well first of all, the feat I described as an example of hax allowing for an AP rating is Low 2-C. That’s changing space, reality, and time. That last part tends to include history itself. VERY different feat

Second of all, when looking at the specific nature of the Aether’s feat, it’s not quite as potent. Like it was stated in the movie, the effect would be on a universal range, but it’s not as though this is a huge straight up 3-A feat
Ok fair enough on that front

So remodeling the universe isn’t 3-a? Because I’m pretty sure affecting an entire universe is supposed to equate to a 3-a rating

Because I’m pretty sure affecting an entire universe is supposed to equate to a 3-a ratin
The feat is universal in scale, but AP is specifically about attacks and the power of those attacks. If you made everything in the universe a squirrel that doesn't mean you have universal AP, it just mean you can alter matter on a universal scale.

The feat is universal in scale, but AP is specifically about attacks and the power of those attacks. If you made everything in the universe a squirrel that doesn't mean you have universal AP, it just mean you can alter matter on a universal scale.
Well that seems to qualify for 3-a looking at the tiering system

“Characters or objects that can create or destroy all celestial bodies within a finite 3-D space at least equivalent in size to the observable universe via an omnidirectional explosion that covers the entire space, alternately create or significantly affect[1] a 3-D universe or a pocket dimension of comparable size, which does not involve the destruction and/or creation of space-time.”

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Tiering_System#cite_note-SA1-1

This isn't an explosion or explosion like event. This is changing matter from one state into another state.
The page also states this:
"Significantly affect" is here used as an umbrella term for feats that don't involve direct creation or destruction but are comparable to them in power, such as warping and distorting the entirety of the structure in question, sustaining its existence with one's own, etc.

Key point there

This isn't an explosion or explosion like event. This is changing matter from one state into another state.
Ya and it also says

“alternately create or significantly affect[1]a 3-D universe or a pocket dimension of comparable size, which does not involve the destruction and/or creation of space-time.”

The page also states this:
But it's not distorting or warping the entire structure. It's making Matter A into Matter B without destroying or effecting space or thr objects in a greater capacity.

But it's not distorting or warping the entire structure. It's making Matter A into Matter B without destroying or effecting space or thr objects in a greater capacity.
Not just matter, but also energy and reality itself, basically returning the universe to how it was before the Big Bang, shouldn't that at least qualify as Environmental Destruction?

Not just matter, but also energy and reality itself, basically returning the universe to how it was before the Big Bang, shouldn't that at least qualify as Environmental Destruction?
I'm just not sure if just changing something from A to B counts if it also isn't effecting Space-Time.

But the Aether hasn’t done anything to warrant matching this requirement
I'm just not sure if just changing something from A to B counts if it also isn't effecting Space-Time.

Regarding this:
warping and distorting the entirety of the structure in question

Does affecting the entirety of all the contents within a universe over a unknown period of time qualify?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back