• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I can't see it
Original post:

Reply:
"Miguel knowing that if his suit glitches he’ll be naked in front of whole Spider society and the train of passengers"
punisher-the-punisher.gif

So, I just saw episode 1 of Secret Invasion.
Find it hard to care much. I never was much one for the non-Superpowered stuff.
The intrigue of "Who's a Skrull & who's not?" feels shallow to me, because either way, they have to be defeated, & there'll likely be more stakes anyway from the inevitable Super Skrulls, or the actual heroes battling against an army of Skrulls or such.

Otherwise, it feels like a kind of plain crime drama, no?

What does everyone else think of it?

While it's already acknowledged on the wiki that the initial surge from the Infinity Gauntlet was shown to be at least 5836 megatons, it might be possible to determine how much more powerful the second surge caused when Thanos destroyed the stones was. Apparently, the scene showing the surge coming from Thanos's planet has a barely visible reading of 28662.6% (At least I assume it relates to power, as I'm not sure how the percentage would relate to distance):

8985484-20230618_100534.jpg
I think you're the first person other than myself to catch this. I posited this like a year ago, but because we don't know for a fact if it's referring to the Snap, it's best not to use it. I think it's pretty concrete, but it is what it is.

Being as though Jabbari wood is just wood with specks of vibranium in it and is stated to be on par with pure vibranium, shouldn't any and all alloys be considered (such as Vision) be considered vibranium level?

Vibranium and Uru have both been called the strongest metals in the universe, and even though this site lists uru as being stronger than vibranium, it's because Thanos was swinging an ultra sharp sword at MHS speeds and still only made it part of the way through Cap's shield. Shuri states Vision's mind stone beam can piece everything except vibranium. Shuri would have access to the files on Mjolnir, on uru. Therefore, she would be implying she believes vibranium is stronger than uru.

Speaking of Vision's mind stone beam, what's to say it can't chop Thanos in half like with Ultron. Literally nothing states the beam has gotten stronger, and Shuri says it can pierce almost anything. Vision has discovered new abilities, such as tactile telepathy, but the only things that have stopped the blast are Ultimate Ultron and Corvus Glaive's crow blade, which is stated to absorb energy and it enduring the blast was written as being notable, as if it shouldn't have been able to. It pierced Vision, and the mund stone blast could damage Vision after getting had been stabbed, but he took no damage when hit in the face and ceasing to exist in WandaVision. This goes along with the notion that anything with vibranium is as good being pure vibranium and that vibranium is stronger than uru, AND that Vision was weakened in Infinity War due to his wound. It just fits. The beam is stopped by normal things in the same way Thor's lightning and Captain Marvel's photon blasts are stopped, merely breaking up the ground but not going through the Earth. Also, Vision being able to break his forehead works because he gets stronger through density shifting, which means he can be both Thor strong and Thanos strong.

#JusticeForVision

Shuri would have access to the files on Mjolnir, on uru. Therefore, she would be implying she believes vibranium is stronger than uru.
Doesn't mean she has absolute knowledge over everything about them. Mjolnir has also been implied to be as durable as Vibranium if not more so

Last edited:
I pray they should bring Super Skrulls.
To me, it seems unfathomable that they wouldn't, as, otherwise, the Skrull Army would just be a bunch of slightly superhuman soldiers that say, the Avengers, could wail on unopposed. A Super Skrull would provide an actual challenge & tension.

To me, it seems unfathomable that they wouldn't, as, otherwise, the Skrull Army would just be a bunch of slightly superhuman soldiers that say, the Avengers, could wail on unopposed. A Super Skrull would provide an actual challenge & tension.
Yeah because MCU don't completely follow comics that much.

Don't forget this

Attack Potency: At least 4-A, likey far higher (Stated to have stomped the surfaces of many worlds with his boots. Shook the cosmos with his laughter)

Durability: At least 4-A, likely far higher (Could withstand cosmic energy that had not been collected in a single place since before the Big Bang washing and coursing through him)

Doesn't mean she has absolute knowledge over everything about them. Mjolnir has also been implied to be as durable as Vibranium if not more so
That is true, though I believe the only direct implication is Thanos' sword possibly being uru and having to be stronger than vibranium to pierce it. Still, Thanos is supposed to move at incredible speeds and he still only managed to lodge his sword part of the way through a blunt shield held by Steve Rogers. That would be Base uru, with Mjolnir being confirmed as near indestructible due to Odin's enchantment on top of uru's already incredible durability.

Is the Infinity Guantlet stated to have been emchanted/enhanced by magic? Materials don't seem to matter for it, given the Stark Guantlet worked just fine. It seems that it's purely mechanical in nature, though the magic compatability probably helps. I ask because it would line up with my whole "perspective", as Ultron was able to burn away part of the Guantlet (and Thanos) to get the rest of the stones. Enchanted Gamora would support the notion, I think, given her blade (Thanos' sword) blocked a shot from Infinity Ultron's forehead beam (which would be more powerful than before given the stones amp one another).

Enchanted Gamora would support the notion, I think, given her blade (Thanos' sword) blocked a shot from Infinity Ultron's forehead beam (which would be more powerful than before given the stones amp one another).
That Gamora was amped to 2-A/Low 1-C by Doctor Strange Supreme's Protection Spell in order to be able to withstand attacks and harm Infinity Ultron

That Gamora was amped to 2-A/Low 1-C by Doctor Strange Supreme's Protection Spell in order to be able to withstand attacks and harm Infinity Ultron
That's what I was getting at. Disingenuous, but still, enchantment.

Shuri believes the mind stone can destroy anything aside from vibranium. The beam did not damage an "intact" Vision, but it did damage a compromised Vision. The beam vaporized base uru and Thanos' fingers. A base uru blade, even when accelerate to MHS speeds, still takes considerable effort to destroy vibranium. It just fits. Or, at least I think it does

The Russos say Thanos was simply strong enough to kill Vision, and I still think this view would work with that statement. Vision only fights Corvus after being stabbed, but he does take a very casual hit from Cull, and it does basically nothing, making it largely moot, but still. What I'm saying is Vision is still very durable, just not quite as durable anymore, especially since he was stabbed a second time, mere moments before getting his head cracked open. A body whose composition is determined by the stone is now compromised, glowing throughout after each stab, it's only reasonable that he'd have been lesser in ever regard that mattered.

That's what I was getting at. Disingenuous, but still, enchantment.

Shuri believes the mind stone can destroy anything aside from vibranium. The beam did not damage an "intact" Vision, but it did damage a compromised Vision. The beam vaporized base uru and Thanos' fingers. A base uru blade, even when accelerate to MHS speeds, still takes considerable effort to destroy vibranium. It just fits. Or, at least I think it does

The Russos say Thanos was simply strong enough to kill Vision, and I still think this view would work with that statement. Vision only fights Corvus after being stabbed, but he does take a very casual hit from Cull, and it does basically nothing, making it largely moot, but still. What I'm saying is Vision is still very durable, just not quite as durable anymore, especially since he was stabbed a second time, mere moments before getting his head cracked open. A body whose composition is determined by the stone is now compromised, glowing throughout after each stab, it's only reasonable that he'd have been lesser in ever regard that mattered.
Tbf, all Children of Thanos were nerfed in the movies

Tbf, all Children of Thanos were nerfed in the movies
Yeah, they're better in everything outside of the films. Proxima has a more comic accurate spear in What If?, and her spear would've been used to destroy the Quantum tunnel and then return to Thanos intact, and Cull would've hurled Hulk to Earth.

Wait, what? Cull Obsidian is apparently called his comic name, Black Dwarf, in What If? episode 2.

If the Mk50 and Mk85 have lasers, and there's no longer a separate system to power them, that means the housing units can output in excess of 200 petajoules, which is an improvement on the past 10 terajoule RT.

I found interesting things: The Art of Thor: The Dark World states that the Nine Realms are multi-dimensional:
It also states that from the observatory you can look out over universes:
The Art of Thor states that the Nine Realms are realms of reality:
The Movie Storybook of Avengers states that Asgard is a realm that exists alongside our universe:
A Deluxe Book/Guidebook of Thor states that Jane and Thor were separated by an entire universe:
It seems that according to these statements each realm is its own universe, or at least they have a universal size

I found interesting things: The Art of Thor: The Dark World states that the Nine Realms are multi-dimensional:

It also states that from the observatory you can look out over universes:

The Art of Thor states that the Nine Realms are realms of reality:

The Movie Storybook of Avengers states that Asgard is a realm that exists alongside our universe:

A Deluxe Book/Guidebook of Thor states that Jane and Thor were separated by an entire universe:

It seems that according to these statements each realm is its own universe, or at least they have a universal size
I saw a lot of those scans on comicvine. Never knew what their sources were

Back