• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Just got out of the theater for The Marvels. It was...not as bad as I feard but still bad.

Iman is still stealing the show everytime she's on screen with her energy, she's perfect in that role and is more than enjoyable. Bri Larson is pretty good to, finally Carol Danvers has some personnality and it's good. The trio has good chemistry especially in the switch training scene, the CGI are good, some visuals a pretty neat and it's nice to have our heroine committing mistakes with great consequences that force her to learn to evolve.

The rest is trash though. Soundtrack is one of the lamest in the MCU, the only goog battle scene is the first accidental switching time at the Khan house (the music is pretty great to), other than that it's either forgettable at best, amazingly bad at worst (that final battle is an X-Men Origins: Wolverine-level of shit, I couldn't see anything and it was shot and edited by a parkinson-affected monkey high on mushrooms even Gandalf would say are too toxic). The musical planet was fun and a nice idea the first minute then gets really hard to endure. Fury is useless, Kamala's family are just comic reliefs with barely any interest at all and are often pretty annoying (the only one that made me laugh a bit was the brother), the Flerkens...the less I talk about them, the less chances I have to get on the news tomorrow or be put on a list and the humor is very hit-and-miss at best. Also, Monica is by far the least interesting heroine. Dar-Benn is another Davy-Jones-attempt villain (aka a villain who is monstruous in their actions but with a tragic backstory that tries to make us sympathize with them without leaving out their cruelty) and is interesting the first minutes but is completely forgetable afterwards and fails to be complex, threatening or charismatic in any possible way.

Essentially, 4/10.

For feats, the sun feat is confirmed. To be more precise, Carol literally goes straight into the sun and through it, which reignite it in seconds. Aside from that, there's Monica closing a whole in space-time after being supercharged by energy from both Quantum Bands and Carol. Also, Kamala is better at martial arts and Monica learns how to fly by becoming intangible.

Last edited:
Capital G God vs lower case G God (ego)👀
A Marvel website article involving executive producer Kevin Wright even notes something along those lines:

It takes the thought of Loki losing everything that he holds so near and dear now to send him on a completely different glorious path.
“I think that is what allows him to kind of go from lowercase g ‘god’ to a capital G ’God,’” Wright continues. “In doing that, it's like you can do all the things you've been trying to do this season. You can save your friends. You can give everybody the best version of their life. You can give the TVA a chance to restructure into something better and more noble.”

If the loom is designed to destroy all timelines that arent the sacred timeline, wouldn't that make he who remains 2-A/Low 1-C with technology?

I recently learned how Loki ends &... well, I'm a little disappointed.

Congratulations to Loki on becoming a "capital G God", with all the admittedy impressive implications of power that comes with, I guess.

But I wanted him to gain his freedom from the TVA, to do more. Have his issues with his brother, The Avengers, his family, Asgard been resolved?
This is the opposite of him gaining his freedom, resigning himself to sit, potentially being uninvolved in actually doing anything for literal centuries. (Unless he can somehow timeslip backwards in time to a past Loki that is somehow free of the TVA.)
The alternative to him sitting on this inglorious throne in the place of the loom, a literal machine, beside him being a replacement to He Who Remains, which would go against Loki's desire to change the equation, is, as he knows, so many realities ceasing, & him along with them.
Perhaps he can do stuff with his timeslipping, despite how that could theoretically mess with the timelines, but in my opinion he is not only not free, he is LESS free than he was working for the TVA. He is imprisoned by the burden of responsibility & the threat of realities ending if he abstains.

I do not like that result for him.

Thematically, The God of Trickery being a stabilizer of timelines, unobserved & reassuring?
I guess a parallel to a tree of life like in mythology is neat.
& he gets no "glory" to his "purpose". Sure, bookends with the start & end being called "Glorious Purpose", but his purpose is not glorious in-universe. He has the TVA's gratitude, but beyond that seemingly limited faction, he is unobserved, unthanked, & while his loved ones are safe, I doubt he's in much position to see their happiness for himself, & many of them will be unknowing, so he can not enjoy their thanks.

I don't like it.

Frankly, I hope that at some point, he is freed for some ACTUAL glorious purpose, that war that erases everything comes about, & actual heroes prevent it, leaving Loki free, Kang's machinations & fears undone & disproven, & the realities safe, TVA or no TVA.

I recently learned how Loki ends &... well, I'm a little disappointed.

Congratulations to Loki on becoming a "capital G God", with all the admittedy impressive implications of power that comes with, I guess.

But I wanted him to gain his freedom from the TVA, to do more. Have his issues with his brother, The Avengers, his family, Asgard been resolved?
This is the opposite of him gaining his freedom, resigning himself to sit, potentially being uninvolved in actually doing anything for literal centuries. (Unless he can somehow timeslip backwards in time to a past Loki that is somehow free of the TVA.)
The alternative to him sitting on this inglorious throne in the place of the loom, a literal machine, beside him being a replacement to He Who Remains, which would go against Loki's desire to change the equation, is, as he knows, so many realities ceasing, & him along with them.
Perhaps he can do stuff with his timeslipping, despite how that could theoretically mess with the timelines, but in my opinion he is not only not free, he is LESS free than he was working for the TVA. He is imprisoned by the burden of responsibility & the threat of realities ending if he abstains.

I do not like that result for him.

Thematically, The God of Trickery being a stabilizer of timelines, unobserved & reassuring?
I guess a parallel to a tree of life like in mythology is neat.
& he gets no "glory" to his "purpose". Sure, bookends with the start & end being called "Glorious Purpose", but his purpose is not glorious in-universe. He has the TVA's gratitude, but beyond that seemingly limited faction, he is unobserved, unthanked, & while his loved ones are safe, I doubt he's in much position to see their happiness for himself, & many of them will be unknowing, so he can not enjoy their thanks.

I don't like it.

Frankly, I hope that at some point, he is freed for some ACTUAL glorious purpose, that war that erases everything comes about, & actual heroes prevent it, leaving Loki free, Kang's machinations & fears undone & disproven, & the realities safe, TVA or no TVA.
I understand your point of view, but I don't agree with it. The whole point of the episode is that he sacrifice himself to save those that he loves. He sacrifice his own free will, becoming a God, so that everyone else can maintain their own.
He Who Remains stripped everything and everyone of their own free will, of their freedom, so that everything would go into the path he choose. Loki, instead, sacrifice his own so that the branches are free to expand themselves, so that everyone can be free to make their own choices. He always wanted the Throne of Asgard for selfish reasons, and now he obtained one far higher for selfless reasons, at the cost of his own freedom, to allow others to have their own freedom. Him resolving the situation and than coming back to the TVA like nothing happened would have undermined his sacrifice and ruined the entire ending.
It's a bittersweet ending, and I understand why you don't like it, but imho it's really good exactly because it's bittersweet. If he had a happy ending like you said, the episode wouldn't have been as praised as it was in my opinion.
Also, I don't think this Loki needs any resolution with Thor or the Avengers. The Loki of the Sacred Timeline had his resolution and his own ending, this one had his own story. The only resolution he needed was with the members of the TVA, which he had. And anyway, a producer (don't know who) already said that the plan is to make Thor and Loki meet again, but they need to be in a certain position first. Loki reached his position at the end of this Season, so let's wait and see what position Thor needs to reach before the my can meet.

Changing argument, I made a bit of research and, with the new standards, arguing for a additional temporal dimension for the TVA and the Void at the End of Time should be extremely easy thanks to the new episode featuring Loki time travelling across them. If I will ever have time I might work on something, but I will need some scans to use.

I understand your point of view, but I don't agree with it. The whole point of the episode is that he sacrifice himself to save those that he loves. He sacrifice his own free will, becoming a God, so that everyone else can maintain their own.
He Who Remains stripped everything and everyone of their own free will, of their freedom, so that everything would go into the path he choose. Loki, instead, sacrifice his own so that the branches are free to expand themselves, so that everyone can be free to make their own choices. He always wanted the Throne of Asgard for selfish reasons, and now he obtained one far higher for selfless reasons, at the cost of his own freedom, to allow others to have their own freedom. Him resolving the situation and than coming back to the TVA like nothing happened would have undermined his sacrifice and ruined the entire ending.
It's a bittersweet ending, and I understand why you don't like it, but imho it's really good exactly because it's bittersweet. If he had a happy ending like you said, the episode wouldn't have been as praised as it was in my opinion.

When I said "Frankly, I hope that at some point, he is freed for some ACTUAL glorious purpose, that war that erases everything comes about, & actual heroes prevent it, leaving Loki free, Kang's machinations & fears undone & disproven, & the realities safe, TVA or no TVA.", I meant in the future, like in a theoretical new entry into the MCU, or maybe a sequel.

Not for Loki to go back to the TVA.

Frankly, I don't care much for the TVA. They imprisoned him, depowered him, practically enslaving him, telling him his previous life & existence didn't matter, all because he threatened 1 precious timeline all the others were being merged into & which had many new timeline branches forming from it.
The TVA brainwashed people.
Their cause was noble, but their methods....

Well, I don't think they deserve that much praise, despite their good deeds. Sure, they contributed to Loki's ascent to power that lead to the stabilization of the multiverse, but much of that was Loki himself & protecting all of existence should be the concern of all of existence.

It's noble to help an endangered species because it's a small part of the world, inconsequential in the grand scheme, & doesn't benefit you much to do so.
But all of existence includes you, preserving it benefits you, & keeping it alive is more likely to help those you care for than saving an endangered species.
So OF COURSE The TVA should have saved the multiverse. They were not only obligated to, but incentivized to. EVERYONE is.

& to me, that diminishes the nobility of their achievement; Anyone would & should have saved the multiverse if they could have. The TVA is not special for that, or at least, less special. Especially when they're abducters, murderers & brainwashers, repenting or not.

(& also, shouldn't the loom overloading because Infinite Timelines have been realized as a concern sooner?)

Whether the people conscripted there are endearing or noble, I resent them for their actions on the individual scale.
The idea of Loki going back there, much less with fond memories, personally, makes me feel at least a little disgusting, frankly.
And anyway, a producer (don't know who) already said that the plan is to make Thor and Loki meet again, but they need to be in a certain position first. Loki reached his position at the end of this Season, so let's wait and see what position Thor needs to reach before the my can meet.

I look forward to this, but fear it will only be them meeting. Maybe just Loki saying "I'm a variant, I'm not actually your brother. No, I can't do anything with you, I have to hold the timeline vines for all eternity." & then the scene ends with Thor feeling "bittersweet" too or worse.

Especially given how iconic Thor & Loki interacting is across Marvel.

Heck, in the timeline Loki is a variant from, what does Thor think happened to his brother?
Loki grabbed the Tesseract in 2012 -Surely that was recorded or reported by SOMEONE or SOMETHING-, created a new timeline -Unbeknownst to most not in the TVA-, & disappeared for the better part of a decade, out-of-universe AND in-universe, right?
If the Thor of that timeline could know about it, wouldn't he be at least curious, if not concerned that his brother was sighted & then gone for so long?
(Or is that Thor dead because Thanos not killing Loki makes Thanos win somehow?)
Changing argument, I made a bit of research and, with the new standards, arguing for a additional temporal dimension for the TVA and the Void at the End of Time should be extremely easy thanks to the new episode featuring Loki time travelling across them. If I will ever have time I might work on something, but I will need some scans to use.
Good luck!

When I said "Frankly, I hope that at some point, he is freed for some ACTUAL glorious purpose, that war that erases everything comes about, & actual heroes prevent it, leaving Loki free, Kang's machinations & fears undone & disproven, & the realities safe, TVA or no TVA.", I meant in the future, like in a theoretical new entry into the MCU, or maybe a sequel.

Frankly, I don't care much for the TVA. They imprisoned him, depowered him, practically enslaving him, telling him his previous life & existence didn't matter, all because he threatened 1 precious timeline all the others were being merged into & which had many new timeline branches forming from it.

Well, I don't think they deserve that much praise, despite their good deeds. Sure, they contributed to Loki's ascent to power that lead to the stabilization of the multiverse, but much of that was Loki himself & protecting all of existence should be the concern of all of existence.

It's noble to help an endangered species because it's a small part of the world, inconsequential in the grand scheme, & doesn't benefit you much to do so.
But all of existence includes you, preserving it benefits you, & keeping it alive is more likely to help those you care for than saving an endangered species.
So OF COURSE The TVA should have saved the multiverse. They were not only obligated to, but incentivized to. EVERYONE is.

& to me, that diminishes the nobility of their achievement; Anyone would & should have saved the multiverse if they could have. The TVA is not special for that, or at least, less special. Especially when they're abducters, murderers & brainwashers, repenting or not.

(& also, shouldn't the loom overloading because Infinite Timelines have been realized as a concern sooner?)

Whether the people conscripted there are endearing or noble, I resent them for their actions on the individual scale.
The idea of Loki going back there, much less with fond memories, personally, makes me feel at least a little disgusting, frankly.

I look forward to this, but fear it will only be them meeting. Maybe just Loki saying "I'm a variant, I'm not actually your brother. No, I can't do anything with you, I have to hold the timeline vines for all eternity." & then the scene ends with Thor feeling "bittersweet" too or worse.

Especially given how iconic Thor & Loki interacting is across Marvel.

Heck, in the timeline Loki is a variant from, what does Thor think happened to his brother?
Loki grabbed the Tesseract in 2012 -Surely that was recorded or reported by SOMEONE or SOMETHING-, created a new timeline -Unbeknownst to most not in the TVA-, & disappeared for the better part of a decade, out-of-universe AND in-universe, right?
If the Thor of that timeline could know about it, wouldn't he be at least curious, if not concerned that his brother was sighted & then gone for so long?
(Or is that Thor dead because Thanos not killing Loki makes Thanos win somehow?)

Good luck!
The Thor from tva Loki timeline is dead bruh they pruned the entire timeline literally in the first episode the branch happened as soon as Loki picked up the tesseract

The Thor from tva Loki timeline is dead bruh they pruned the entire timeline literally in the first episode the branch happened as soon as Loki picked up the tesseract
Ah yes, I forgot about that. My bad, sorry.
How embittering.
No offense meant.

So I guess it's sacred timeline Thor that might be meeting timeline god Loki.

Well, technically it was He Who Remains, Ravonna and Miss Minutes that were the corrupting factors in the TVA. The single members did terrible things, like Loki, but it was because they were conditioned to do so in the convintion that it was for the greater good. Once HWR was gone, everyone in the TVA attempted to do everything in their power to make sure that the branching timelines could continue to exist. They could have resolved the whole Temporal Loom problem by pruning all the branching Timelines like Dox (I think this was her name) was doing, but they refused to do so to not kill more lives, even stopping Dox from pruning more Timelines. And when the Temporal Loom was starting to overcharge, pruning the branching timelines was also brought up as a solution but everyone refuted to do so. So technically they could have resolved everything selfishly by just pruning every branch and killing everyone in it, instead they attempted to attone for their past mistakes by trying to resolve the situation in a more human way, which almost resulted in their own death with the destruction of the Temporal Loom (which would have destroyed only the branches, like they would do with pruning them themselves, so the only thing they had to lose by refuting to pruning the branches was their own lives).
Obviously thought, this is just my point of view and you can disagree with it. Imo, this is the best possible ending to the series and I wouldn't change it with any other.

Good luck!
Thanks you!

Not too sure if I jumped the gun with this one but I was recommended to make a CRT about the Jotunheim Shockwave feat that's been avoided for evaluation forever.

Am I the only one who feels absolutely no excitment about the Young Avengers stuff? Like, I genuinely like Kamala and Kate is a good character (and her actress is...well) but I don't give a flying **** about the rest of the potential recruits or the idea of a team between them. Also, Cassie was annoying af in Ant-Man 3. Frankly if she dies in Kang Dynasty, that won't be a bad thing for me.

Am I the only one who feels absolutely no excitment about the Young Avengers stuff? Like, I genuinely like Kamala and Kate is a good character (and her actress is...well) but I don't give a flying **** about the rest of the potential recruits or the idea of a team between them. Also, Cassie was annoying af in Ant-Man 3. Frankly if she dies in Kang Dynasty, that won't be a bad thing for me.
I’m kinda interested to see how the young avengers play out but marvel hasn’t done a good job setting them up besides Kamala and Kate. Cassie kinda sucked in Quantumania and skaar just has a bad hairline. And Pete’s a solo act so eh

What was the purpose of having Sanctuary II's bombing be a collective total? It's not like those bombs are used later, or that the creator was actually a mile wide.

Given Carol's downgrade via assuming she absorbed energy from the guantlet, can that same level of logic take the deleted scene of Thor being sapped of strength to explain why he casually shook Jotenheim but strained to destroy Sokovia. Like, might as well.

What was the purpose of having Sanctuary II's bombing be a collective total? It's not like those bombs are used later, or that the creator was actually a mile wide.

Wow how did you do that :00

Loki's profile has been edited for his God of Stories key. Please tell me someone can make a render out of the new poster in his god attire cause that would be awesome and the current pic for the key is really meh

Loki's profile has been edited for his God of Stories key. Please tell me someone can make a render out of the new poster in his god attire cause that would be awesome and the current pic for the key is really meh
Do you have a base image of it?

Do you have a base image of it?
Only the poster itself

F-1Fs8-XMAAOeoO.jpg:large

That reminds me, who is choosing these pictures? Why is Ragnarok Thor from Hot Toys?

(Use Funko Pop for God Loki tho)

That reminds me, who is choosing these pictures? Why is Ragnarok Thor from Hot Toys?

(Use Funko Pop for God Loki tho)
For Ragnarok Thor it was the only render of him pre-Sakaar I could find but on top of that I think it looks pretty good anyway

I finally found the post where I got Suppressed Captain Marvel's prequel novel hill-busting feat supposedly being 9-A from. Not particularly useful without a calculation blog being posted, but it'd at least probably make it worthwhile for someone to make one now.

Back