• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
reposting this, but also couldn't Loki maybe get either HDM or HDE for interacting with the timelines physically?
To answer the first question, yes, the Temporal Loom would be Low 1-C, and if a profile for He Who Remains will ever be made than he would get Low 1-C throught Preparation/Technology.
For the second one, I believe that Higher Dimensional Manipulation was removed as an ability and changed to Dimensionality Manipulation, which is the ability to change the dimensionality of either the opponent or of the character that have it.
For Higher Dimensional Existence, I am honestly unsure. I have heard that interacting with higher dimensional constructs gives a character HDE, but I never actually understood the reasoning behind that so if someone else know anything about that it would be useful.
However, I think that him grabbing the Timelines should give him NPI since he is literally grabbing space and time, and also Space-time Manipulation for revitalizing said Timelines.

Screw yall who don't scale What If? In both directions. We're getting young Hank! And Mar-Vell? Is that a Thor by Scarlet Witch? Odin looks awesome. N'Jobu should still be alive when these 80s Avengers team up. Thor in the 80s as well.

December 22? Laaaaaaaame

Last edited:
Not too sure if I jumped the gun with this one but I was recommended to make a CRT about the Jotunheim Shockwave feat that's been avoided for evaluation forever.
What happened to this?

Has nothing to due with what I’m talking about I mean how last season they kept making him die over and over in dumb ways
Or being reduced to a comical character in Star-Lord episode. At least the Ultron death helped to establish Infinity Ultron's threat and gave us a fantastic villain and episode. Judging by the trailer, he seems he might be a genuine threat once again, though I somehow hope he won't be the main villain (if there is one)

Has nothing to due with what I’m talking about I mean how last season they kept making him die over and over in dumb ways
Oh wait, you're talking about What If, I got confused as you didn't exactly specify

Or being reduced to a comical character in Star-Lord episode. At least the Ultron death helped to establish Infinity Ultron's threat and gave us a fantastic villain and episode. Judging by the trailer, he seems he might be a genuine threat once again, though I somehow hope he won't be the main villain (if there is one)
The new trailer had him struggling with cap and he gets killed by gamora so not looking good

The new trailer had him struggling with cap and he gets killed by gamora so not looking good
For the struggling part, if I see correctly, it's more Cap dodging his attacks than anything else (there's also a shot on the Time Stone shining, maybe Cap will get time powers). We also see hone of his variants facing Carter and Kahhori, considering the latter gets her powers from the Tesseract he wil likely go after her to get the Stone. Hopefully this Variant at least will be a greater threat

For the struggling part, if I see correctly, it's more Cap dodging his attacks than anything else (there's also a shot on the Time Stone shining, maybe Cap will get time powers). We also see hone of his variants facing Carter and Kahhori, considering the latter gets her powers from the Tesseract he wil likely go after her to get the Stone. Hopefully this Variant at least will be a greater threat
What this confirms is Strange is absolutely useless AF. He should've looked through more possible outcomes.

What this confirms is Strange is absolutely useless AF. He should've looked through more possible outcomes.
Except not. What if establishes that each universe has its own set of Infinity Stones and each one can only work in their own universe with each universe having infinite possibilities for new timelines but said timelines are specific to said universe). So when he looked at all outcomes, he could only see the outcomes and timelines that would appear from them, in his own universe and not alternate universe. Not ot mention that at this point, there was only the Sacred Timeline so there was no other possibility

Except not. What if establishes that each universe has its own set of Infinity Stones and each one can only work in their own universe with each universe having infinite possibilities for new timelines but said timelines are specific to said universe). So when he looked at all outcomes, he could only see the outcomes and timelines that would appear from them, in his own universe and not alternate universe. Not ot mention that at this point, there was only the Sacred Timeline so there was no other possibility
Strange only saw 14,000,605 possible outcomes. Said outcomes go beyond the scope of the main universe/timeline. Just as Infinity Ultron can use the stones elsewhere because he amps himself, Strange sees what CAN be, what would branch into alternate universes, by projecting his consciousness through time.

The fact cap can even do that means he’s struggling endgame thanos had no issue keeping up with him and in the trailer cap is literally dancing around him

b4ce9c89-1384-4c1d-8771-e6f60d635da5_text.gif

The fact cap can even do that means he’s struggling endgame thanos had no issue keeping up with him and in the trailer cap is literally dancing around him
It's not like this isn't Cap at his best, by virtue of being on the run and breaking up terrorist organizations for 2 years. Endgame Cap explicitly let go of things, wanting to move on. Dude was damn near losing to himself with only a bit of Strike team training, after New York. Then again, 2012 Cap put on a new suit, so maybe he got some drugs to spruce himself up.

Strange only saw 14,000,605 possible outcomes. Said outcomes go beyond the scope of the main universe/timeline. Just as Infinity Ultron can use the stones elsewhere because he amps himself, Strange sees what CAN be, what would branch into alternate universes, by projecting his consciousness through time.
But only in his universe. What if establishes each universe has infinite possibilities, each one can have infinities of timelines and the Multiverse as a whole includes all these infinities. That means that, for one universe, there are infinite timelines and possibilities. The Multiverse is a combination of an infinity of universes each one containing infinities of timelines. Plus, remember the Infinity Stones can only work in their universe so it's impossible to use them in another. The Sacred Timeline Thanos couldn't use his Stones in one of the What if universes for example. This means the possibilities Strange saw were limited to his own universe.
And again, at that time, there was only one universe: the Sacred Timeline. The Multiverse was unleashed during Loki's season one, which canonically happens after IW/Endgame and before What if. So at the moment Strange was looking up for outcomes to defeat Thanos, there was no other possibility than the ones in his own universe because there wasn't any other universe to look at period.

It's not like this isn't Cap at his best, by virtue of being on the run and breaking up terrorist organizations for 2 years. Endgame Cap explicitly let go of things, wanting to move on. Dude was damn near losing to himself with only a bit of Strike team training, after New York. Then again, 2012 Cap put on a new suit, so maybe he got some drugs to spruce himself up.
Cap shouldn’t be able to dance around him in either IW or endgame

But only in his universe. What if establishes each universe has infinite possibilities, each one can have infinities of timelines and the Multiverse as a whole includes all these infinities. Remember, the series establishes each universe has its own Infinity Stones and they only work in their specific universe (they're so specific in fact that gamora's device could not crush the Stones from another universe because that device can only affect hers). And again, at that time, there was only one universe: the Sacred Timeline. The Multiverse was unleashed during lOki's season one, which canonically happens after IW/Endgame and before What if. So at the moment Strange was looking up, there was no other possibility than the ones in his own universe because there wasn't any other universe period.
Oh, now I see your point. Like, I was focusing on how What If starts out with a new timeline branching from the Sacred Timeline, but not how these branches literally don't exist for more than a second or two before they're pruned.

Oh, now I see your point. Like, I was focusing on how What If starts out with a new timeline branching from the Sacred Timeline, but not how these branches literally don't exist for more than a second or two before they're pruned.
Probably more than a second or two but yeah, pretty much.

Cap shouldn’t be able to dance around him in either IW or endgame
Tbf, Thanos wasn't shown to be exceptionally fast by himself, yes he can react to attacks from superpowered beings but movement speed and reaction speed are different things. Fragile speedsters dodging attacks from far stronger opponents are not unheard. Of course, we'll have to see the episode. Maybe it's another case of Thanos being arrogant and not putting any strong effort like in the Ultron timeline or Cap was enhanced in some way

Tbf, Thanos wasn't shown to be exceptionally fast by himself, yes he can react to attacks from superpowered beings but movement speed and reaction speed are different things. Fragile speedsters dodging attacks from far stronger opponents are not unheard. Of course, we'll have to see the episode. Maybe it's another case of Thanos being arrogant and not putting any strong effort like in the Ultron timeline or Cap was enhanced in some way
Thanos when injured reacted to a photon blast from captain marvel and kept up which Thor and worthy cap in close combat

Yeah but this thanos had the full gauntlet
You mean the one from the trailer or the one from IW? Cause in the movie he didn't have the full Gauntlet, he was going after Vision to get the Mind Stone. Not sure in the trailer but judging from the scenery, I would say this takes place during that specific scene

You mean the one from the trailer or the one from IW? Cause in the movie he didn't have the full Gauntlet, he was going after Vision to get the Mind Stone. Not sure in the trailer but judging from the scenery, I would say this takes place during that specific scene
The one in the trailer had full gauntlet you can literally see the mind stone in his gauntlet

Back