• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
And they explained in the serie that if Thor had appeared on India they would still be called Djinn. They see beings with super powers has "gods" or in their case as Djinn
Thing is they have very specific characteristics very different from Asgardians in mythology (naturally invisible, made of smoke, divided in tribes with different powers depending on their type, etc) and none of that is present here. Like, you have to wonder how and why they came up with those specific aspects in-universe. But again, these are the complains of a mythology geek so it's just a personal thing and a flaw pretty much only for people paying attention to that

Thing is they have very specific characteristics very different from Asgardians in mythology (naturally invisible, made of smoke, divided in tribes with different powers depending on their type, etc) and none of that is present here. Like, you have to wonder how and why they came up with those specific aspects in-universe. But again, these are the complains of a mythology geek so it's just a personal thing and a flaw pretty much only for people paying attention to that
Them being called Djinn doesnt mean that Marvel couldnt just bring actual Djinn.
Captain America saying "There is only 1 god and he doesnt dresses like that", he is not actually refering to Norse mythology but comparing the fact that god can be used for both Norse mythology and for the actual God of the bible

Tbf the Infinity Ultron threat happened before Loki became the new multiverse god so maybe the Watcher is simply not aware of what happened (or at least not the specifics)
I just realised how little of the actual justification I posted
It's more or less that Infinity Ultron was such a major threat to the entirety of the Multiverse that The Watcher, despite how near-omniscient he is and how he can see past + present + future, cannot comprehend it

Them being called Djinn doesnt mean that Marvel couldnt just bring actual Djinn.
Captain America saying "There is only 1 god and he doesnt dresses like that", he is not actually refering to Norse mythology but comparing the fact that god can be used for both Norse mythology and for the actual God of the bible
Like I said, it's just the complains of a mythology-caring guy so not necessarily important

Wait so watcher, ultron and strange are more powerful than loki now? I'm so confused...

I thought Loki was the most powerful behind Kevin 😿

Like I said, it's just the complains of a mythology-caring guy so not necessarily important
I know but it always felt like fiction in general tend to create their own meaning for big words such as gods, In some verses they base on actual existing mythologys others they just make their own gods or call "cosmic beings" to beings who could easily be called gods too.

my guess is they are waiting for season 2 to release the art of what if so that it will have both season 1 and 2 if not that they just shadow cancelled it and aren’t going to release it

I doubt we'll see this Loki again soon so I don't really know if we can ever establish a proper comparison

Regardless, while Ultron and the Watcher are definitely vastly powerful, Loki's feat of literally reshaping the whole multiverse into the World Tree seems to be superior to what they can do

my guess is they are waiting for season 2 to release the art of what if so that it will have both season 1 and 2 if not that they just shadow cancelled it and aren’t going to release it
What if is still planned from what i've heard, we even know a trailer exists, it just won't come right now especially with Deadpool 3 being the next entry. Considering the importance of Deadpool being introduced in the MCU and the fan's expectations (and fears) about it, you can bet that will be the focus

What if is still planned from what i've heard, we even know a trailer exists, it just won't come right now especially with Deadpool 3 being the next entry
I know season 2 is supposed to be soon but I’m talking about the art of what if book like you’d think they would say if it’s cancelled or delayed or not

I doubt we'll see this Loki again soon so I don't really know if we can ever establish a proper comparison

Regardless, while Ultron and the Watcher are definitely vastly powerful, Loki's feat of literally reshaping the whole multiverse into the World Tree seems to be superior to what they can do
Truee.. also doesn't they affect only some multiverses despite the watcher being outside the multiverse? While Loki reshaped the enture existence to Yggdrasil like you say :3

Is it possible to even tier this Loki now? Does his reshaping of the timelines to look like a tree actually count as a feat?

Just finished watching the final episode of Loki Season 2, and it was really really cool. I think it's my favorite thing the MCU have given us since Endgame, everything from the visuale, the music up to the story and dialogues was done really well.
And the fact that Loki now is probably the strongest MCU character is well deserved considering how much he went through. He is the best!
Also, as a side note, I saw people were doing their Top 10 of the strongest MCU character earlier, so I will say who I think are the strongest, not only by AP but also by abilities and such:

10. The Celestials
9. Thanos with the Complete Gauntlet
8. Arishem
7. Eternity
6. Dormammu
5. He Who Remains (with preparation and technology only)/Alioth
4. Doctor Strange Supreme
3. The Watcher
2. Infinity Ultron
1. God of Time Loki
0. K.E.V.I.N. (I hate him, but he is unfortunately the strongest...)

Honestly, I am unsure for the first and second position who is the strongest between Infinity Ultron and Loki, but after all the revision for the latter are completed I plan on making a match to see who will take the title of the strongest MCU character.

I doubt it. The Watcher...well, watches. Loki now essentially IS the Multiverse, he literally takes timelines with his bare hands, partailly merges them with himself (his cape is literally made of them) and reshapes all of it into Yggdrasil. He's above the Watcher to me
The thing that still puzzles me is if it's through his own power, growing from the timeslips and enabling the ability to restructure the multiverse anywhere in the multiverse, or is his being in the TVA, where the multiverse is visible and exists alongside regular humans, elevating him to such a level beyond his own inate ability, like Mr. Mxyzpltk raising the 3 dimensional Superman to exist in the 6th dimension (I think that's how THAT worked).

I doubt it. The Watcher...well, watches. Loki now essentially IS the Multiverse, he literally takes timelines with his bare hands, partailly merges them with himself (his cape is literally made of them) and reshapes all of it into Yggdrasil. He's above the Watcher to me
The Watcher is beyond the bounds of the multiverse and above everything and everyone else

So this is just even more justification for him scaling to outright Low 1-C

The power stone is infinite, unlimited, whatever. One day I'll have the Destroyer is uru statement, mark my words, but Shuri as always says the Mind Stone beam can pierce anything short of vibranium. Loki could handle the Septre blast, so it's obviously not unlimited at all times. Wanda's powers were amplified initially, but she's only grown from then, so scaling to her doesn't really track.

Watching the finale again Mobius goes back to his timeline and says he'll stay a little longer and "let time pass" I think it's for Loki to see him as the scene pans out to Loki as Mobius statement echos and Loki has a half smile as he sees his friends are okay

Back