• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Thanos when injured reacted to a photon blast from captain marvel and kept up which Thor and worthy cap in close combat
Like I said, maybe this Thanos was more full of himself than his Sacred Timeline counterpart. In the Ultron episode, Bryan Andrews confirmed that Ultron killed him so easily less because Ultron was that strong and more because this particular Thanos was more prideful and overconfident than his Sacred Timeline counterpart. As such, he let his guard down and Ultron took advantage of it. Andrews stressed that there were likely many timelines where this wasn't the case and Ultron was the one to die.

The one in the trailer had full gauntlet you can literally see the mind stone in his gauntlet
Yeah, I just rewatched the scene. Well maybe he wanted to take care of the distraction before snapping. We have no context of the scene so maybe what we see is literally Cap's only move to stop him from succedding (the other option being of course that they've been doing that for at least a moment)

I'm honestly more intrigued by the focus on the Time Stone suddenly flashing when Cap's shield hits it

Since we're on the trailer, the Odin scene gives me utter chills because we see Wenwu and his wife using the Ten Rings to blast at least a large group if not an army of soldiers (likely Asgardians, which would be a pretty nice feat for the Rings) yet Odin casually walks through it utterly unaffected and then separates the Rings in the next scene

Also, is it me or Wenwu kinda looks like Shang Tsung from MK1? 😄

Since we're on the trailer, the Odin scene gives me utter chills because we see Wenwu and his wife using the Ten Rings to blast at least a large group if not an army of soldiers (likely Asgardians, which would be a pretty nice feat for the Rings) yet Odin casually walks through it utterly unaffected and then separates the Rings in the next scene

Also, is it me or Wenwu kinda looks like Shang Tsung from MK1? 😄
odin about to get major anti feats bro going to struggle with wenwu

I hope not, I really hope that either the Rings gain a massive power-up or Odin is not serious at all (out of arrogance or because he wants to enjoy the fight for the sake of it)
Isn’t it wenwu and hela not his wife vs odin I just hope he’s op since this is the only time we see him fight before losing his eye

Yeah the leaked story board art is hela and wenwu vs odin
At least it can justify things a bit, maybe they've become lovers (after all Wenwu was a ruthless conqueror before meeting his wife, it was her who changed him so if he met someone like Hela, he wouldn't have changed)

I hope not, I really hope that either the Rings gain a massive power-up or Odin is not serious at all (out of arrogance or because he wants to enjoy the fight for the sake of it)
Oooh the ringss.. in the 2021 I calced the ring water-move as 8-B to 8-A in another wiki but anyways.. I already left that place and I'm not sure if someone else calc the feat can be used since the tier varies, right? Also Wenwu destroying an part of the castle can be like 9-A too—

That's true, he does gave a completed guantlet. I don't see why that changes anything for Thanos being as though gets in right before Thor throws Stormbreaker (Thanos is right by the tree by Vision in the film). If that really is the moment we see in the film, Thor is going to pull up against a timestobeless Thanos. I hope this episode usn't a let down.

OH ****!

Gatorade kills Thanos by poking him with the melt stick.

Grandmaster top tier confirmed

Also, I believe that's what Rocket would look like if he didn't escape the High Evolutionary.

That's true, he does gave a completed guantlet. I don't see why that changes anything for Thanos being as though gets in right before Thor throws Stormbreaker (Thanos is right by the tree by Vision in the film). If that really is the moment we see in the film, Thor is going to pull up against a timestobeless Thanos. I hope this episode usn't a let down.
thor showed up immediately after thanos got the mind stone since thanos is fighting cap here means 1 of 2 things either he absolutely destroyed thor already or Thor isn’t showing up

They are definitely going to make him weaker so he doesn’t look so strong next to everyone else and give them a chance to shine
Not necessarily. This would be pretty stupid honestly, they made him so powerful he was the only reason Ultron didn't win, my guess is that he will simply don't do a lot and act as some supportive, distant character whatever the plot will be. Or maybe he will be massively weakened

I tried upgrading Shang-Chi characters to 6-B based on the Eternals prequel comic (a dragon was able to fight a Deviant that gave Ikaris a tough time) but no one responded

It used two methods to calculate the energy required by Carol Danvers to fly across the Sun in 17 seconds. One is the work done by her to overcome the drag and the other is the plasma displacement. Both yielded 1.06 exatons. A little over 11 times the Sun's luminosity

9166837-ezgif.com-gif-maker5.gif

I just pray that Odin gets amazing feats here since this is literally the only time we’ll ever see mcu Odin fight

Not MCU related but I kind of want to see the Napoleon movie from Ridley Scott. Thing is, as a French, I'm kind of worried about a British director dealing with one of the world's most important people and one of our most complex figures. Not to mention Scott's career has been a bit of a mess lately (Alien Covenant being a crowning achievement of bad) and the last time a British director dealt with a historical event involving the French, it was Dunkirk (F*** this disrespectful piece of s***).

I was rewatching Ant-Man Quantumania and I realize something. Like, one of the biggest, if not the biggest problem for the Multiverse Saga. The new phase is supposed to set up Kang the Conqueror as the new Thanos, the great threat of the MCU who will be the ultimate challenge to the heroes, even worse than Thanos since he's operating on an even bigger scale. Yet, there's one big problem: he's not particulary threatening.

All of his variants with a significant on-screen relevance died in each of their appearence. He Who Remains is the most successful of them, yet not only does he die in his first appearence, he returns via time tarvel only to die again. Victor Timely is set up as a potentially threatening figure in the post-credit scene, with Loki being terrified of him and the scene having a sinister tone, only to be shown to a bumbling scientist with a speech problem who is ultimately a nice guy and later dies (multiple times). The Exile, Kang the Conqueror himself, the big bad of the Multiverse Saga, is shown to be ruthless, powerful, skilled and a true genius but gets overwhelmed by ants (yes evolved ants but that doesn't matter in the field of perception, they're still ants) and against what everyone was thinking, gets defeated at the end of the movie despite (again) being supposedly THE Kang, the one who will take Thanos's seat as the new great evil and even greater evil. Worse, he gets defeated by Ant-Man, far from one of the most intelligent, skilled or powerful heroes in the MCU. This in spite of having apparently defeated armies of different versions of the Avengers, so much that they get confused in his head, which is only told and never seen on-screen. There's also the fact the variants have wildly different personalities from one another which throws a wrench into the whole "there are countless versions of him" idea. In general, there's a lot of talks about how threatening and powerful Kang is supposed to be and how much of a hero killer he is but barely anything is shown on-screen, even though Kang gets some brief shots of the power he can unleash and the worlds and timelines he has destroyed, they're very brief and we're never shown any of the Avengers he killed (the only hero we see him killing is a new character with barely any screentime).

All in all, Kang comes off more as a dangerous but otherwise manageable antagonist than a greater, multi-universal threat he was described. He dies in every appearence, accomplishes little on-screen, is ultimately nice and weak in one of his appearences and his supposed ultimate self gets offed by ants and one of the weakest heroes in the MCU. Even without taking some of the strongest villains like Ego, Hela or Ronan, a relatively minor villain like Agatha Harkness feels more threatening and dangerous. That's really not a good track record for the supposed even-worse-than-Thanos threat of an entire cinematic universe.

Last edited:
I was rewatching Ant-Man Quantumania and I realize something. Like, one of the biggest, if not the biggest problems for the Multiverse Saga. The new phase is supposed to set up Kang the Conqueror as the new Thanos, the great threat of the MCU who will be the ultimate challenge to the heroes, even worse than Thanos since he's operating on an even bigger scale. Yet, there's one big problem: he's not particulary threatening.

All of his variants with a significant on-screen relevance died in each of their appearence. He Who Remains is the most successful of them, yet not only does he die in his first appearence, he returns via time tarvel only to die again. Victor Timely is set up as a potentially threatening figure in the post-credit scene, with Loki being terrified of him and the scene having a sinister tone, only to be shown to a bumbling scientist with a speech problem who is ultimately a nice guy and later dies (multiple times). The Exile, Kang the Conqueror himself, the big bad of the Multiverse Saga, is shown to be ruthless, powerful, skilled and a true genius but gets overwhelmed by ants (yes evolved ants but that doesn't matter in the field of perception, they're still ants) and against what everyone was thinking, gets defeated at the end of the movie despite (again) being supposedly THE Kang, the one who will take Thanos's seat as the new great evil and even greater evil. Worse, he gets defeated by Ant-Man, far from one of the most intelligent, skilled or powerful heroes in the MCU. This in spite of having apparently defeated armies of different versions of the Avengers, so much that they get confused in his head, which is only told and never seen on-screen. There's also the fact the variants have wildly different personalities from one another which throws a wrench into the whole "there are countless versions of him" idea. In general, there's a lot of talks about how threatening and powerful Kang is supposed to be and how much of a hero killer he is but barely anything is shown on-screen, even Kang gets some brief shots of the power he can unleash and the worlds and timelines he has destroyed but they're very brief and we're never shown any of the Avengers he killed (the only hero we see him killing is a new character with barely any screentime).

All in all, Kang comes off more as a dangerous but otherwise manageable antagonist than a greater, multi-universal threat he was described. He dies in every appearence, accomplishes little on-screen, is ultimately nice and weak in one of his appearences and his supposed ultimate self gets offed by ants and one of the weakest heroes in the MCU. Even without taking some of the strongest villains like Ego, Hela or Ronan, a relatively minor villain like Agatha Harkness feels more threatening and dangerous. That's really not a good track record for the supposed even-worse-than-Thanos threat of an entire cinematic universe.
Well it’s this and the overall lake of planning post endgame. In the grand scheme of things phase 4 and 5 have kind of been a terrible at establishing the new avengers/faces of the mcu. We haven’t seen or heard anything about shang chi outside of his film. We haven’t seen or heard anything from sam after Falcon and winter soilder or from the eternals. Not to mention the overall use of the multiverse. So idk how marvels gonna pull of back to back avengers films in 2025

Not MCU related but I kind of want to see the Napoleon movie from Ridley Scott. Thing is, as a French, I'm kind of worried about a British director dealing with one of the world's most important people and one of our most complex figures. Not to mention Scott's career has been a bit of a mess lately (Alien Covenant being a crowning achievement of bad) and the last time a British director dealt with a historical event involving the French, it was Dunkirk (F*** this disrespectful piece of s***).
The Joaquin one?

Also how the the marvels do?

Back