• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished watching episode 4 of Moon Knight. Nothing really stuck out in terms of feats, but the episode itself went in an interesting direction. Now begins the wait until next week.
I REALLY don't know how to feel about that ending. I mean, I'm exicted we see Egyptian Gods in their true form but once again, it seems Marvel will take gods and make them funny. Why? Why can't we have SERIOUS and DIGNIFIED gods goddammit?!

I got a question, does Wonder Woman really skill stomp Captain America that badly? I was watching fight compilations of the two, and Wonder Woman just seems to be more versatile because of her equipment (Sword and Lasso), along with her agility and acrobatics, but other than that they don't seem be that far off in CQC. Thoughts?
Personally I don't believe so at all that's definitely exaggeration if we're really being honest she had hundreds to thousands of years of training yes but up against literally only amazonians for all that time, Amazonians who at least a decent amount still unironically get taken out by parademons in fights with some winning bouts and just as many dying to them.

She definitely would have a skill advantage because CM essentially has the same abilities amazonians in the DCEU literally just superhuman physicals although his shield game definitely is better than theirs though going by herself in the just the WW film or even the 1984 one she really doesn't have that much experience going against people with unique or versatile powers and just essentially fights bricks like Cheetah, Aries was really her only experience of someone with any kind of abilities though that changes with Justice league since she's seen more and been though more in her own story though the same can be said even moreso for cap seeing as the avengers have fought a even wider variety of foes with even more versatile abilities

I got a question, does Wonder Woman really skill stomp Captain America that badly? I was watching fight compilations of the two, and Wonder Woman just seems to be more versatile because of her equipment (Sword and Lasso), along with her agility and acrobatics, but other than that they don't seem be that far off in CQC. Thoughts?
Diana is a literally hundreds to thousands of years old warrior trained from some of the most skilled and powerful warriors in the world. Even without counting the superhuman physical traits, she has the advantage in terms of skills

Diana is a literally hundreds to thousands of years old warrior trained from some of the most skilled and powerful warriors in the world. Even without counting the superhuman physical traits, she has the advantage in terms of skills
I mean that doesn't say much if that just equate to higher but relative to parademon skill level lol

I could train for a 1000 years with the most skilled barbarians of a time and that equals nothing to the skill of those outside of my barbarian community again i.e parademons and cheeta swapping hands with amazonians and WW

Warriors that can still be overwhelmed by inferior foes though?

Parademons are either standing or flying around shooting or try to bull rush.

A small group of germans with bolt action rifles could still put up a decent fight against them.

Parademons are either standing flying around shooting or try to bull rush.

A small group of germans with bolt action rifles could still put up a decent fight against them.
Shooting someone doesn't require hand-to-hand combat skills and Amazons don't wear armors that are bullet proofs. Same for Parademons, they shoot from a distance

Shooting someone doesn't require hand-to-hand combat skills and Amazons don't wear armors that are bullet proofs. Same for Parademons, they shoot from a distance
Really it's like this while we can't dismiss the amount of time she spent training as that will inevitably equate to great skill in that area the training we see the amazons do and seeing their skill against any opponents show that that field is still limited imo and parademons still also flat out did hand to hand as well and bull rushed them and still took out amazonians that way and the same can be said it doesn't take much skill for a superhuman to fight a regular guy with a gun if they're at least subsonic and can just 1 shot the guy

Really it's like this while we can't dismiss the amount of time she spent training as that will inevitably equate to great skill in that area the training we see the amazons do and seeing their skill against any opponents show that that field is still limited imo and parademons still also flat out did hand to hand as well and bull rushed them and still took out amazonians that way and the same can be said it doesn't take much skill for a superhuman to fight a regular guy with a gun if they're at least subsonic and can just 1 shot the guy
Yeah but again, what can hand-to-hand combat skills can do against shooting? You can be as skilled as you want in real life, unless you are superhuman, it won't help you against someone with a machine gun if you don't have protection. The Amazons were killed by the soldiers because they were stuck thousands of years in the past in terms of technology, they were not prepared to face gunfire. As for Parademons, they're modified alien monsters and used shooting as well and while they could overpower the Aamazons physically, you never see them give some martial move and the Amazons could still defeat them

Parademons are either standing or flying around shooting or try to bull rush.

I mean, even if I were a master swordsman I’m sure that wouldn’t prevent a marksman from just shooting me dead.

Yeah but again, what can hand-to-hand combat skills can do against shooting? You can be as skilled as you want in real life, unless you are superhuman, it won't help you against someone with a machine gun if you don't have protection. The Amazons were killed by the soldiers because they were stuck thousands of years in the past in terms of technology, they were not prepared to face gunfire. As for Parademons, they're modified alien monsters and used shooting as well and while they could overpower the Aamazons physically, you never see them give some martial move and the Amazons could still defeat them
I understand that that's why I'm not making it a point to really talk about the germans shooting them because they're essentially being blitzed by bullets and have no protection against it if I personally wanted to mention anything like that it'd be Wonderwoman in her first film being tagged by a german soldier while fighting hand to hand even if she was fighting a group she still gets tagged but Germans aside I'd still say for sure the skill gap is greatly exaggerated and you can't dismiss the other points I've made

also lol germans have been able to at least block some blows from and wrestle with the average amazonian's while they're going hand to hand funny enough just observing some on the background but yeah they're still getting outskilled ofc

also lol germans have been able to at least block some blows from and wrestle with the average amazonian's while they're going hand to hand funny enough just observing some on the background but yeah they're still getting outskilled ofc

You're underestimating German Battle Prowess
GERMAN MILITARY IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD! THEY MANAGED TO BECAME MORE THAN A SUPER-HUMAN! A LIVING WEAPON TO SURPASS SUPER-ARYAN!!!

ドイツ軍は世界一!彼らは超人以上になるように管理されました!スーパーアーリア人を凌駕する生きた武器!!! (Doitsu-gun wa sekaiichi! Karera wa chōjin ijō ni naru yō ni kanri sa remashita! Sūpāāria hito o ryōga suru ikita buki! ! !)

DEUTSCHES MILITÄR IST DAS BESTE DER WELT! SIE HABEN ES GESCHAFFT, MEHR ALS EIN ÜBERMENSCHEN ZU WERDEN! EINE LEBENDIGE WAFFE, UM SUPER-ARYAN ZU ÜBERTREFFEN!!!
images

GERMAN MILITARY IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD! THEY MANAGED TO BECAME MORE THAN A SUPER-HUMAN! A LIVING WEAPON TO SURPASS SUPER-ARYAN!!!

ドイツ軍は世界一!彼らは超人以上になるように管理されました!スーパーアーリア人を凌駕する生きた武器!!! (Doitsu-gun wa sekaiichi! Karera wa chōjin ijō ni naru yō ni kanri sa remashita! Sūpāāria hito o ryōga suru ikita buki! ! !)

DEUTSCHES MILITÄR IST DAS BESTE DER WELT! SIE HABEN ES GESCHAFFT, MEHR ALS EIN ÜBERMENSCHEN ZU WERDEN! EINE LEBENDIGE WAFFE, UM SUPER-ARYAN ZU ÜBERTREFFEN!!!
images
Sanest jojo fan

Watched Thor: The Dark World yesterday....Why do people act like this movie is shit? I mean the Villain is garbage, doesn't even feel like a threat (****** lost to Frigga in a 1v1) and is a complete waste of both Malekith and Christopher Eccleston. But everything else in the movie is good honestly. Loki is a scene stealer with phenomenal performance by Tom Hiddleston once again, the Thor and Jane chemistry is still great, action sequences are decent, The Asgard invasion was good, I also liked the Thor commits treason scene, and while the final battle is kind of lame, I do like the use of the weakened reality teleporting people around (As Mjolnir has a good speed feat in that fight)

Nah he's gotten killed before supposedly and it could just be immortality via the armor though I'd say wait until next weeks episode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back