• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPOILER_Screenshot_28.png

Eh, "dignified and serious gods" has been done to death already in other media. Let them be silly with it: some of those legends are straight up comedies anyways.
That on top of the fact that the gods we've seen so far in the show have all already been serious apart from Khonshu's occasional tantrums which is in character for him, I don't see any problem with having some variety or comic relief among them

Last edited:
That on top of the fact that the god's we've seen so far in the show have all already been serious apart from Khonshu's occasional tantrums which is in character for him, I don't see any problem with having some variety or comic relief among them
I'm not against some humor moments but I'm also deeply attached to the dignity of mythical stuff, I don't like it when something legendary and imposing is "deconstructed" with humor. For example, I loved Lucifer in Supernatural Season 5 because while he does have some humor, he's mostly treated seriously and he's terrifying but I hate him in following seasons because he's just a clown without any dread coming from him. To take a MCU example, Khonshu is fine despite the comical elements but I wish he was a bit more serious.
Another example would be the Percy Jackson series. I like it, really but I don't really like how many Gods are treated as goofballs or not really imposing like Anubis, I feel it weakens their imposing status

Last edited:
From what we have seen from the other gods the rest seem very serious and dignified about their place, it seems the Hippo god is more outlier then commonality, so I dont think having a majority of the gods be serious and a few be more comedic is necessarily bad
I just hope it's not full-blown comedy and they won't portray her as utterly childlike. And yeah, the other gods act dignified, at least through their avatars, so I hope this will continue that way, same for Khonshu when he'll come back

Well, GoW Olympians are pretty much an a**holes (they even made hermes looks like a piece of sh*t while in real legend he just a funny trickster)
He's not exactly "just" a funny trickster, he can be pretty douchy (like Dionysus who's generally a good guy but on some occasions can be outright horrific) but yeah, even Zeus is worse in that version (though of course, there's a justification for that)

What are the chances of characters like Cloak and Dagger, or the other runaways getting pages?

Also with Daredevil characters appearing in both far from home and Hawkeye, what is the current status of the MCU’s tv shows canonicity
I believe two of the Runaways have pages on the wiki, but I don't think those shows had a strong enough following for a bunch of profiles to be made for them.

When it comes to the Netflix shows canonicity its up in the air to a scary degree, even though Charlie and Vincent are back playing both of their respective characters, their appearances, in particular Vincents, don't really acknowledge the past they should have from the Netflix shows. Disney+ hosting the shows on their streaming service and having the original actors come back to advertise them is a good sign that maybe Marvel is interested in having everyone come back, but until the Echo TV show comes out, which is meant to have a bunch of Daredevil connections, we don't really know for certain. The right choice would be to make them canon though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back